Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-forgot to mention The Legend and Justin had a fairly long conversation before the game and Larry's son is listed on the roster as #11 but did not play and did not see a #11, there were two CBC kids in sweats so guessing he was one of them

-Larry sat in a folding chair along the wall at the end of the CBC bench

58 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I did not know that Tatum was still eligible to be recruited?

The rules are always changing but I'm not sure coaches can talk directly with juniors at these games. So the next best thing is to talk to their coaches...

11 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Justin Tatum still has love for us based on this tweet. Not sure what to think of Caleb’s reply, which is a laughing emoji. Definitely doesn’t hurt that his coach is mentioning us though. 

So, how is Jaycob Tatum's basketball prospects?  Is he a prospect?  Larry Hughes, Jr?  I know we righfully missed out on Jayson but there are more Billiken legacies to potentially play here in the future.  Maybe I should start a Recruiting 2023 thread.

i am thinking someone told me Justin Tatum has another son?   is he in high school?   or does anyone know where he is?   

also judging by the larry hughes jr video you can find on u tube, i am surprised any freshman is ahead of him on the roster.   but i also admit i havent seen him play live.   he has obviously shot up in height this year (saw him sunday and he is likely a true 6'3" now) which growth spurts sometimes cause some fluidity problems initially.   

44 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Justin Tatum still has love for us based on this tweet. Not sure what to think of Caleb’s reply, which is a laughing emoji. Definitely doesn’t hurt that his coach is mentioning us though. 

Based on Caleb's reply and the other comment, I'm not high on SLU's chances of landing him.

In short: Jaycob Tatum (Justin's next son) is a freshman at CBC but not on the varsity roster. Hughes, Jr. is his classmate but hasn't played yet (not sure why). Martin right now looks like one of the best two freshmen in the area after Luther Burden (Ritter), who is also a big-time football prospect and already has 4 D-I offers to play football. He missed the first 6 games for Ritter because their football team made a run to the state finals. That's also why Ritter's record is poor (albeit against a really tough schedule); the roster was decimated by football.

Martin's numbers weren't much last night but he's been solid so far this season and his averages have been creeping upward. He seems like a really solid PG.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

Based on Caleb's reply and the other comment, I'm not high on SLU's chances of landing him.

The other comment was in response to Justin facepalming that they didn't include Saint Louis(this I'm sure of) I thought Caleb's reply felt more like he was laughing at the original tweet not including SLU more than laughing at the idea that they should include SLU(this I'm like 75% confident on)

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

The other comment was in response to Justin facepalming that they didn't include Saint Louis(this I'm sure of) I thought Caleb's reply felt more like he was laughing at the original tweet not including SLU more than laughing at the idea that they should include SLU(this I'm like 75% confident on)

You kids and your twitters.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

what is facepalming?

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Agreed. Thought the same thing as well.

48 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I want to believe this version.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

In short: Jaycob Tatum (Justin's next son) is a freshman at CBC but not on the varsity roster. Hughes, Jr. is his classmate but hasn't played yet (not sure why). Martin right now looks like one of the best two freshmen in the area after Luther Burden (Ritter), who is also a big-time football prospect and already has 4 D-I offers to play football. He missed the first 6 games for Ritter because their football team made a run to the state finals. That's also why Ritter's record is poor (albeit against a really tough schedule); the roster was decimated by football.

Martin's numbers weren't much last night but he's been solid so far this season and his averages have been creeping upward. He seems like a really solid PG.

What is he on the gridiron?

If you're Coach Ford, you don't stop recruiting Caleb Love until he shows you or tells you he's not interested.  That hasn't happened yet.  If a miracle happens and the Bills win the next two marquee games, Coach Ford is in as good a position as anybody.  He's been selling the hometown school as a sleeping giant and proving it on the court will give his sales pitch validity.

Zink likes this

31 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

If you're Coach Ford, you don't stop recruiting Caleb Love until he shows you or tells you he's not interested.  That hasn't happened yet.  If a miracle happens and the Bills win the next two marquee games, Coach Ford is in as good a position as anybody.  He's been selling the hometown school as a sleeping giant and proving it on the court will give his sales pitch validity.

SLU just needs to win back to back road games against top 20 opponents.  we got this.
Image result for no big deal

7 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Brothers can play.

Did a full refresh in the Recruiting Lists thread, and here are some 2020 notes:

-The Mehlville three all continue to play well. They're a 1-loss team and haven't lost since Daughtery started playing. Mizzou appears to be heating up its recruitment of Bradford.

-Fletcher got an offer from UCLA. SLU, Creighton, Ohio State, and Michigan State were out to see him in the past week.

-Kasubke got an offer from Illinois after they saw him play CBC. Xavier came out to see him, as well.

-Love was watched in the same game by SLU, Mizzou, Illinois, Virginia, Louisville, and Texas. Xavier came out to see him the next day. He says he wants to visit Virginia, Louisville, and Texas soon.

-Lewis is now being recruited by Wisconsin and Illinois. It was inevitable that the Big Ten would start taking notice. He went out to Wisconsin in late November.

-Mitchell received offers from Detroit and UIC. He's been very good for Bloom.

-Murphy is lighting it up for St. Peter's. American and Lehigh watched him this weekend.

-Murrell is being watched by Penny and Memphis pretty much every week. He went to the Memphis-Tennesee game. Both schools, along with Arkansas, Mizzou, Alabama, and Iowa State, were out to watch him, too.

-Sivills has McCracken County off to a 6-0 start and set a school record for points in a game (32). Butler and NKU were out to watch him last week.

-Steward's coach just heard from Michigan State, Arizona, and Xavier. He's hoping to visit Illinois and Louisville soon.

-Torrence had Marquette out to watch him. Butler, Syracuse, and Cincinnati look like his other leaders so far.

-Keshawn Williams got an offer from Colorado, his first from a power conference.

Lots of other tidbits in the link, but these are the main ones.