Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

5 hours ago, Pistol said:

Love and Fletcher are both 4-stars right on the cusp of 5-star territory. They're both electrifying players. The level of talent that the STL area is putting out in recent years is really something.

As courtside says above, Fletcher has a nice and growing pool of bluebloods seriously recruiting him right now. That isn't going to change. He's already so good and if his jump shot and ball handling continue to develop, look out.

Love's recruitment has been a little quieter publicly than Fletcher's even though he has a few more offers (21 vs. 18, by my count). I haven't been able to verify as much interest for Love as I have with Fletcher. Indiana is making him a priority, as is Texas. Louisville, Michigan, Mizzou, Oklahoma State - he's got no shortage of high-level programs involved.

-their recruitment will be interesting, we have an ESL kid on the way (Hargrove), we have a juco kid on the way (Perkins) and it has been a while since we have had either (and I am excited for both), similarly it has been a while since we had kids from V or CBC, so let's get it on, don't get taken in by the supposed bright lights, great things can happen real close to home

-Be a Billiken

BlueAndWhite likes this

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

Looks like Bradford almost blew the lid off the Hoosierdome at Hancock. That place hasn't seen verticals like that since mine in 2011. Layup extraordinaire 

It is crazy how strong and athletic Bradford is.  It really isn't going to be fair for the kids that have to defend him.  He just overpowers defenders when he wants to.  You would really have to search to find another 6'10" high school basketball player as strong as Bradford is.  I really want this kid to play for the Billikens.

30 minutes ago, brianstl said:

It is crazy how strong and athletic Bradford is.  It really isn't going to be fair for the kids that have to defend him.  He just overpowers defenders when he wants to.  You would really have to search to find another 6'10" high school basketball player as strong as Bradford is.  I really want this kid to play for the Billikens.

I’m over Love and Fletcher (because I don’t think they are coming to SLU) so I’m really into Bradford. WANT.

The Mehlville kids have been at Chaifetz multiple times this season so far. We indeed seem to be making him/them a priority.

By the way, it doesn't look like Lamontay Daughtery has played yet. Does anyone know the story there? Does he have to sit because of the transfer (from DuQuoin HS in IL)? Injury? Something else?

I also saw that King Waller - Mehlville's leading scorer last season - isn't playing this year because of a football injury. Bummer. They're already good but that would've been an even more imposing starting lineup if you're bringing back a kid who scored 17 PPG as a sophomore.

Branson is intriguing. Doesn’t look like a basketball player- he’s all upper body. But he’s got a really good shot and seems to be a good playmaker.  I’d definitely take him and Bradford as a duo. Don’t know much about the other guy on the team we offered.  Also don know what our scholarship situation will look like for that year. As of now, we have no seniors next year. 

Sorry to say this or sound like Captain Obvious, but our recruiting would be so much easier if we were in the Beast. Still, Travis is doing a terrific job given the cards he's been dealt. Going forward, we've got to become the Zaga of the Midwest. Start by trouncing Butler! 

I never knew anything about Hancock HS until fairly recently, and never realized they had such a unique gym. The "Hoosierdome at Hancock" is a pretty great nickname.

Does anyone know much about Sam Richardson at Hancock? He was one of the 2020 names I was monitoring for a while after being a highly touted freshman, but I just can't find anything about recruiting for him. Is he a D-I prospect at all?

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I never knew anything about Hancock HS until fairly recently, and never realized they had such a unique gym. The "Hoosierdome at Hancock" is a pretty great nickname.

The Hoosierdome is certainly unique. During a Christmas tournament there one year, my high school's girls coach got pooped on by a bird that somehow got into the rafters.

Here's a short article from the KC Star about Mizzou being interested in Bradford. Apparently they haven't offered him yet, which is surprising to me. Maybe they're waiting to do it until he visits? I love hearing that he's already been at Chaifetz multiple times this year and Travis is showing him a lot of love. Of course, we're not even mentioned as a team that's offered him.

An old name returns on the hoops’ radar

It’s been a heck of a year for Davion Bradford. After starting his hoops career at Christian Brothers College in St. Louis, where he was considered a top-50 freshman nationally, the 2020 recruit transferred to Hillcrest Prep in Arizona last season. Then he moved to Oklahoma over the summer and was playing AAU for Oklahoma PWP with 2020 MU offer Bryce Thompson. When I tried to talk to Bradford in July at an Under Armour tournament, I was told Bradford’s mother died suddenly and he was headed back to St. Louis.

Not much had been heard from Bradford until I saw on Twitter this week that he resurfaced at Mehlville High School just outside of St. Louis. I began doing some digging. During all of Bradford’s travels, what was tough to gauge was whether or not MU was involved with the 6-foot-10 forward. When he was at CBC, I was told Missouri would get involved with him at some point, but he left St. Louis before MU offered.

Now to the goods. A source tells me Missouri is very aware of Bradford’s return to the state and wants him badly. Assistant coach Chris Hollender and head coach Cuonzo Martin both have passed through recently to see him.

Last summer, Bradford picked up offers from Arizona State, Nevada, Illinois and Kansas State and Oklahoma. I don’t think it will take long for MU to offer. Bradford is a big man who can stretch the floor and play positionless basketball. He has some range to his jump shot, but it’s been a while since I’ve seen him play.

I’ve said before that Missouri’s ideal 2020 class is Caleb Love, Cam’Ron Fletcher, Josh Christopher and a big. I used to say Isaiah Jackson of Detroit could be that last big. I think Bradford replaces Jackson in MU’s ideal 2020 class. Aside from Christopher, who lives in Los Angeles, the staff barely has to leave the state for a top-10 class if they get all four or even three of them.

The KC article was written by Alex Schiffer.  Typical Mizzou J school graduate who claims they cover the team without being a fan yet every article comes across as a fan blog.  Just like every article or tweet BenFred has put out on Dru Smith not being eligible this year, pure fan point of view.    

"I’ve said before that Missouri’s ideal 2020 class is Caleb Love, Cam’Ron Fletcher, Josh Christopher and a big. I used to say Isaiah Jackson of Detroit could be that last big. I think Bradford replaces Jackson in MU’s ideal 2020 class. Aside from Christopher, who lives in Los Angeles, the staff barely has to leave the state for a top-10 class if they get all four or even three of them."

Right, and I've said before that my dream job is having a billion dollars land on my porch so I can retire today. Why even write a sentence like that?