Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

47 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

SLU has a 1.1 billion dollar endowment Mizzou has 1.0 for a much larger student population. Mizzou has a drastic loss of epic proportions in student population if you don’t remember and are really struggling 

Missouri is a large public university with funding sources beyond tuition and donations.  It's a tough time for them right now because they've made some horrible choices.  To say SLU has more money than them is laughable.  Anyone with more than 2 brain cells to rub together should know that.....

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

It's going to take a herculean effort to keep Love in his own back yard.

That is what I keep seeing as well, does he just not have any desire to stay local or more that he wants to go to the highest possible level (not meant as a shot at SLU)?

re: billboards...

Best advertising is shot girls.

Second best is custom branded condoms.

Third best is a gun show.

Fourth best is driving your car through the front of a coffee shop.

Fifth best is pulling your dong out for the judge, to show them you meant business then, and you mean business now.

JMM28, SLU_Lax and Spoon-Balls like this

Sorry, gents, I did not mean to imply I had any sort of insider info on Caleb Love. It is mostly just one man's opinion, however, I have heard from a few people (not sure of their credibility level) that he does want to play, as @TheChosenOne put it, at the highest level possible. I think by the time Love commits, his stock will be a lot higher than it is now but that is probably obvious to everyone. Sweet baby Jesus do I hope I am wrong and Love commits to SLU.

Sidenote: Has anyone ever met @jimbofive? I need to meet Jimbofive.

3 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Sorry, gents, I did not mean to imply I had any sort of insider info on Caleb Love. It is mostly just one man's opinion, however, I have heard from a few people (not sure of their credibility level) that he does want to play, as @TheChosenOne put it, at the highest level possible. I think by the time Love commits, his stock will be a lot higher than it is now but that is probably obvious to everyone.

Im sure he'll end up at Duke. 

39 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Sorry, gents, I did not mean to imply I had any sort of insider info on Caleb Love. It is mostly just one man's opinion, however, I have heard from a few people (not sure of their credibility level) that he does want to play, as @TheChosenOne put it, at the highest level possible. I think by the time Love commits, his stock will be a lot higher than it is now but that is probably obvious to everyone. Sweet baby Jesus do I hope I am wrong and Love commits to SLU.

Sidenote: Has anyone ever met @jimbofive? I need to meet Jimbofive.

I lived with @jimbofive for few years in soulard about 10 years ago.  Good times.  

4 minutes ago, Westy03 said:

I lived with @jimbofive for few years in soulard about 10 years ago.  Good times.  

I don't know why but after reading your post I immediately thought of the scene from PCU when David Spade is sleeping peacefully and Jeremy Piven comes in and wakes him up.

Image result for go to sleep gif pcu

@TheChosenOne I've heard Mizzou is going after Fletcher pretty hard but not sure if the feeling is mutual. Best recruiting tool is winning. Hopefully we can pile up the Ws this year and next and get Collins, Hargrove, etc. in Fletcher's ear (or on the Twitters like the kids are doing these days)

RE: the video.....does it make anyone else's eyes hurt watching it?

He lit it up in a Vashon win over South Garland at the Thanksgiving Hoopfest in Dallas. Calipari happened to be there to watch his signed recruit, Tyrese Maxey, and he left also recruiting Cam’Ron Fletcher of Vashon. Fletcher is really good and getting better. High motor, strong defender, length, keeps adding to his game. Michigan St., UCLA, Ohio St., among others in the mix. 

Zink likes this

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I think Fletcher will end up the higher rated of the two.  They both have top 20 ability. I just think Fletcher’s ceiling is so high and he just keeps rapidly improving.

Agreed.  They both are going to have big years and probably both play for BBE this summer.  

Love and Fletcher are both 4-stars right on the cusp of 5-star territory. They're both electrifying players. The level of talent that the STL area is putting out in recent years is really something.

As courtside says above, Fletcher has a nice and growing pool of bluebloods seriously recruiting him right now. That isn't going to change. He's already so good and if his jump shot and ball handling continue to develop, look out.

Love's recruitment has been a little quieter publicly than Fletcher's even though he has a few more offers (21 vs. 18, by my count). I haven't been able to verify as much interest for Love as I have with Fletcher. Indiana is making him a priority, as is Texas. Louisville, Michigan, Mizzou, Oklahoma State - he's got no shortage of high-level programs involved.