Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 hour ago, Franchise_08 said:

How many offers did we give out last night?

Per Verbal Commits-

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikens747 said:

Per Verbal Commits-

6-10, 190 and 6-11, 195?

Goodness gracious will somebody please get these guys a couple of cheeseburgers?

It's worth noting that coaches could start calling/texting/emailing/DMing/paging/faxing 2020 recruits at midnight Friday morning, just in case anyone was wondering about the flurry of 2020 activity.

I'll get bios up for the new offers by Monday. It's a busy weekend for me.

On 6/16/2018 at 12:52 PM, billikens747 said:

Per Verbal Commits-

Here you go:

L.J. Cryer - PG - 6-0, 160 - Katy, TX (Morton Ranch) - Twitter: @Lj_cryer3

Offers: SLU, VCU, Virginia Tech, Texas, Oklahoma State, TCU, Baylor, Texas A&M, Mississippi State, Houston, UTEP, Louisiana Tech, Stephen F. Austin, Louisiana-Lafayette, Grambling State.

Interest: Xavier, Butler, Miami, Boston College, Ohio State, Purdue, Iowa, Nebraska, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas Tech, Georgia, LSU, Tulane, UTSA.

Latest News: Cryer received offers from SLU, Mississippi State, VCU, and Virginia Tech as the 2020 direct contact period opened. He also heard from Xavier, Texas A&M, TCU, Ohio State, Texas, Texas Tech, Tulane, Georgia, Miami, Nebraska, Purdue, Baylor, UTSA, and Iowa. (6/18/18)

Scouting Report: Cryer is a quick, shifty point guard with strong handles and a high-level scoring ability. He uses his crossover and body control to get space in the lane and score with floaters and layups. He can also step out and shoot it from the perimeter off the dribble or catch. He has good court vision and finds his teammates. He's a solid, aggressive defender. He plays the game with a lot of smarts and has a strong work ethic. Rankings: Rivals - 57, Prep Hoops - 72, 247sports - 65, Future150 - 97.

Davonte Davis - PG, 6-4, 175 - Jacksonville, AR (Jacksonville) - Twitter: @MrDevoBuckets

Offers: SLU, Florida, Auburn, Arkansas, Ole Miss, SMU, Southern Miss, Abilene Christian.

Interest: Oklahoma State, Oral Roberts.

Latest News: Davis received offers from SLU and Auburn as the 2020 direct contact period began. He also heard from Arkansas, Oklahoma State, Florida, Oral Roberts, and Ole Miss. (6/18/18)

Scouting Report: Davis is a long, athletic guard with excellent vision and a knack for getting into the lane to create opportunities for himself and his teammates. He's a really nice passer and finisher. He's got a long stride and causes trouble in transition. He defends with a ton of effort and creates turnovers. Rankings: Prep Hoops - 121, Future150 - 104.

Xavier Foster - C, 6-10, 200 - Oskaloosa, IA (Oskaloosa) - Twitter: @XaMan_10

Offers: SLU, Creighton, Illinois, Iowa, Iowa State, Baylor, Mizzou, Texas A&M, UCLA, USC.

Interest: Xavier, Duke, Virginia, Florida State, Miami, Michigan, Ohio State, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Kansas, Texas, Oklahoma State, Kentucky, Cal, Drake.

Latest News: Foster received an offer from SLU as the 2020 direct contact period opened, and he heard from Kentucky, Iowa, Iowa State, Ohio State, Texas, Michigan, and Florida State. (6/18/18)

Scouting Report: Foster is a long, skilled, athletic big man who does just about everything well. He runs the floor, fights for rebounds, blocks a ton of shots, finishes in transition and traffic, passes, and has a nice jumper that he can hit off the bounce or the catch. He's one of the best bigs in the 2020 class. Rankings: Rivals - 20, Prep Hoops - 37, 247sports - 30, Future150 - 24.

Mark Williams - C, 7-0, 195 - Norfolk, VA (Norfolk Academy) - Twitter: @MarkWi1liams

Offers: SLU, VCU, Georgetown, Seton Hall, Virginia, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Pitt, Penn State, Rutgers, Oklahoma State, Florida, LSU, Stanford, Old Dominion, James Madison.

Interest: Duke, UNC, NC State, Ohio State, Kansas, Oregon, Cal, Harvard.

Latest News: Williams received offers from SLU, Seton Hall, Pitt, and Florida as the 2020 direct contact period opened. He also heard from Virginia, Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Kansas, and Stanford. (6/18/18)

Scouting Report: Williams is a very skilled big man with great length and a lot of athleticism. He plays with great energy, runs the floor well, and fights at the rim to rebound and block shots. He's elite with his back to the basket and goes hard at the rim, finishing through contact despite his lean frame. He has great touch out to about 18 feet. He's one of the best big men in the 2020 class. Rankings: Rivals - 51, Prep Hoops - 50, 247sports - 81, Future150 - 65.

billikens747 likes this

My thoughts on these offers:

-Williams and Foster sure seem like "statement" offers. They're top-50ish big men already being recruited by bluebloods. We offered guys like Carey and Bacon in the 2019 class, and while those guys were top-25 5-stars from the beginning and these guys aren't *quite* at that level (yet), it feels similar to me. I hope I'm wrong and that we're in the mix because they're both elite players but I won't get my hopes up on either.

-Cryer is a consensus top 100 player, somewhere in the 50-100 range depending on which service you're looking at. He's a really active, high-scoring guard. A little small but obviously has two more years of HS ball to grow. He's already a top-team player in his conference and region in Texas and was named the top offensive player, too. He's a spark.

-Davis is the lowest rated of the new offers at this point but I wouldn't sleep on him. His upside is tremendous. Really long and athletic and explosive, and he can play the point or be the go-to scoring guard, and he does both quite well. He's not quite as sound as Cryer at this point but he pops off a highlight video more. He's also got the least crowded pool at this point of these four recruits, with some SEC offers and interest and a little other action - Oklahoma State has been on him for a while and he visited for a football game this fall, Oral Roberts has been calling, and SMU and Southern Miss have offered. But we're not late to the party by any means.

They're all players I'd be thrilled to have, and all are no-doubter offers to me. The question is how good our chances are with any of them.

billikens747 likes this

Bellikans?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was ready to call this kid a tool but after watching some video I'll hold off.  Best player out of Memphis in 2020.  He can sky.  If he comes we'll just rename our mascot.

Matthew Murrell - SG, 6-3, 180 - Memphis, TN (Whitehaven) - Twitter: @_iamMM12_

Offers: SLU, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Memphis, Jacksonville State.

Interest: Florida, Mizzou, Arkansas, Stanford.

Latest News: Murrell received offers from SLU and Ole Miss. (6/22/18)

Scouting Report: Murrell is an explosive, athletic guard who can score on all three levels. He's extremely bouncy and uses an arsenal of moves to beat defenders on his way to the rim, but can also finish through contact. He's outstanding in transition. Always an elite player getting to the rim, he's gained a lot more confidence in his shot and can knock it down from the perimeter. He's an excellent rebounder from the wing. High flyer with a high ceiling. Rankings: 247sports - 141.

-He can indeed sky. He's going to have a lot more highlights over the next couple HS seasons. Penny offered him shortly after taking his new job, and he only had Iowa State and Jacksonville State offers before that. SLU and Ole Miss offered basically at the same time. So we're still in on the early side of this one overall, and I'd think Memphis has an inside track. He also plays for Bluff City Legends (formerly Team Penny) on the Nike EYBL AAU circuit.

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Matthew Murrell - SG, 6-3, 180 - Memphis, TN (Whitehaven) - Twitter: @_iamMM12_

Offers: SLU, Iowa State, Ole Miss, Memphis, Jacksonville State.

Interest: Florida, Mizzou, Arkansas, Stanford.

Latest News: Murrell received offers from SLU and Ole Miss. (6/22/18)

Scouting Report: Murrell is an explosive, athletic guard who can score on all three levels. He's extremely bouncy and uses an arsenal of moves to beat defenders on his way to the rim, but can also finish through contact. He's outstanding in transition. Always an elite player getting to the rim, he's gained a lot more confidence in his shot and can knock it down from the perimeter. He's an excellent rebounder from the wing. High flyer with a high ceiling. Rankings: 247sports - 141.

-He can indeed sky. He's going to have a lot more highlights over the next couple HS seasons. Penny offered him shortly after taking his new job, and he only had Iowa State and Jacksonville State offers before that. SLU and Ole Miss offered basically at the same time. So we're still in on the early side of this one overall, and I'd think Memphis has an inside track. He also plays for Bluff City Legends (formerly Team Penny) on the Nike EYBL AAU circuit.

-let's pry him away from Penny

On 6/21/2018 at 11:50 PM, thetorch said:

Bellikans?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

I was ready to call this kid a tool but after watching some video I'll hold off.  Best player out of Memphis in 2020.  He can sky.  If he comes we'll just rename our mascot.

It's okay, he corrected it.