Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

4 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Cassity was listed at 6-5, 185 as a HS senior, which is generous on his height. He was listed at 6-4, 200 as a college senior on Sports Reference and ESPN. That seems about right.

Luke is listed (where updated) at 6-6, 180. He's definitely longer, too. And two years away from college, he could grow quite a bit still.

He's already a superior shooter, and I like his all-around game and potential better. Unlike Roy, I was no Cassity fan, though. He struck me as a stretch. We needed him to be a much, much better shooter than he ended up being.

@TheChosenOne has a good summary above of where I think he is and could go.

Some video from last summer 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

-I saw him a few times this past season and can see where he could develop into a real nice player, I remember a very quick release on his shot, let's hope this was a good evaluation by the Staff and I think it will prove to be

-he and the Love kid from CBC can go against each other the next two seasons in the MCC and Be Billikens together after that

32 minutes ago, kshoe said:

In the last few posts he's been compared to David Lee, Kyle Cassity and Scott Highmark. :lol:

I'm thinking he's also got a little Kevin Lisch, Rob Loe, Elliot Welmer, Cody Ellis, Donnie Atkins, Thor, Chris Sloan and Luke Meyer in him too.

Throw in Mike Crawford, who had the max vertical and dunks, and you have a perfect candidate.

35 minutes ago, kshoe said:

In the last few posts he's been compared to David Lee, Kyle Cassity and Scott Highmark. :lol:

I'm thinking he's also got a little Kevin Lisch, Rob Loe, Elliot Welmer, Cody Ellis, Donnie Atkins, Thor, Chris Sloan and Luke Meyer in him too.

I don't know anything about him, but I can say with certainty that he is a gym rat and a coach on the floor.

51 minutes ago, kshoe said:

Haha, good point. I used David Lee with the Chaminade connection and I do think when they both came into the program at Chaminade they had some similarities, but Dave quickly grew from being a guard to a 6'8-6'9 big with the guard playmaking skills and Luke hasn't really hit that same sort of growth spurt and has proven to be more of a shooter and true wing kind of forced to play in the post despite lacking that size as an underclassman. I'm not sure whether the white guys SLU has had are the best comparisons, one comparison I made was kind of a poor man's DiVincenzo. Luke Hancock maybe. I am trying to find white guys with that small forward frame with some athleticism and toughness for a white dude and some ability off of the bounce in addition to the shooting ability.

7 hours ago, Pistol said:

Luke Kasubke - SF, 6-6, 180 - St. Louis, MO (Chaminade) - Twitter: @LKasubke22

Offers: SLU, Missouri State, Tennessee-Martin

Interest: Illinois, Wisconsin.

Latest News: Kasubke received an offer from SLU. (4/23/18)

Scouting Report: Kasubke is an elite perimeter shooter with good size and length. He moves well off the ball to find his shot, can score at the rim with either hand, find his teammates in space, handle the ball, and make the play the situation requires. He's outstanding shooting off the catch, but mixes in runners. He has a little bounce, too. He needs to develop more at the defensive end and could add a bit to his frame but has progressed considerably. Rankings: Future150 - 134.

He goes to Chaminade, so we have to assume he's also an elite student and outstanding human being.

With rugged good looks I assume

This may have been discussed multiple times previously over the years, but what qualifies as school for being on a kids "Interest" list?  Does that mean the kid has indicated interest in the school?  Does it mean that the school has indicated interest in the kid?  How does that list come about?

NextYearBill and TheOne like this

51 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

This may have been discussed multiple times previously over the years, but what qualifies as school for being on a kids "Interest" list?  Does that mean the kid has indicated interest in the school?  Does it mean that the school has indicated interest in the kid?  How does that list come about?

It's the latter, that a school has indicated interest in a player. This can be shown by coaches contacting the player's HS or AAU coach, or contacting him directly during open periods. So these are the guys programs are keeping tabs on, but haven't offered for whatever reason.

As for the list, I only put someone on it if I can verify - through a player's or team's or scout's or press member's Twitter, usually, but also through articles and other sources - that a school has expressed interest in a player one way or another. There are definitely many more players that would be on the interest lists for each year, but I can't verify SLU's contact with every single player, nor can I verify the guys they're monitoring.

I should also mention that there are plenty of names on the offer and interests lists that are "stale" - i.e. the offer is no longer fully valid, or we're no longer in contact or monitoring a given player. I keep them on the list, anyway, just to be safe and to keep track of who we've been recruiting.

Beginning with the 2018 class, I have been keeping all offered players at the bottom of the list, and will move that list to the 2018 Recruiting thread when the recruiting year closes out. That way, Billikens.com will always have a record of the guys SLU offered in a given recruiting year, or at least as complete a list as this message board could assemble. I don't plan on doing it for the interest lists, because that's a more casual, fleeting thing in many cases, and that list would be largely incomplete and pretty messy.

Matty Light likes this

I've heard from a few people that Luke's family is very high on Mizzou.  Hopefully Travis could convince them that we are a better fit.

With that said, I'm of the opinion that, as Luke fills out frame-wise, the really big programs are going to come calling.  I also wouldn't be surprised to see him end up closer to 6'8".

16 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

2020 SF Joshua Hemmings (6-9, 205, 2★) has received an offer from Saint Louis.

Joshua Hemmings - SF, 6-9, 205 - Toronto, ON (Oak Hill Academy, VA) - Twitter: @J_Hemmings1

Offers: SLU, Georgia Tech, UCLA, Oregon, USC, Cincinnati, Tulane, Harvard.

Interest: Tulsa, New Mexico, Canisius.

Latest News: Hemmings received offers from SLU, Harvard, and Oregon after his performance at the Nike EYBL event in Indianapolis. (4/30/18)

Scouting Report: Hemmings is a dynamic lefty who can play multiple positions and has improved tremendously. He has great length and a great scoring feel, with a wide-ranging offensive skill set. He can knock it down from the perimeter, beat defenders off the dribble, and runs the floor in transition. He's also very active on the glass. Extremely high upside. Rankings: Prep Hoops - 45, 247sports - 121, Future150 - 33.

-This kid is a potentially huge talent. Super skilled and growing, already with great size. Playing for Oak Hill Academy in HS and the top Canadian AAU team. He's got some nice offers but he's going to really blow up this spring/summer.

slufanskip likes this

Zed Key - SF, 6-7, 200 - Glen Head, NY (Brentwood) - Twitter: @ZedBasketball14

Offers: SLU, UMass, Cincinnati, Iona, Stony Brook, Arkansas-Little Rock.

Interest: Villanova, St. John's, Iowa, West Virginia.

Latest News: Key picked up an offer from SLU. (5/2/18)

Scouting Report: Key is a great rebounder with good hands and a big frame. He can finish through contact and has soft touch around the basket, knowing how to use his body to create separation. He can shoot it out to mid-range. He has a high motor and outworks the defense to get easy buckets for himself. He can also block shots. Rankings: Prep Hoops - 78, Future150 - 98.

-He's running with the NY Jayhawks on the adidas Gauntlet AAU circuit. Seems like a pretty versatile, athletic kid but if he keeps growing he could be a true big man. He's been listed anywhere from 6-6 to 6-8 from what I could find, and his weight anywhere from 180 to 200. If he's at the high end of both of those, he could be more of a frontcourt player than a wing in college. Anyway, he looks like a nice player and we're working that NYC area hard.