Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

10 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Both times I have seen Collinsville sophomore PG Ray'sean Taylor this year he has put on a show.  Plays with no wasted motion,  can hurt you with the drive or the pass and is an excellent free throw shooter.  If he gets more consistent from three, he's going to be a monster.  Hope the stench of our current predicament has worn off by the time his recruitment blows up.

Went 29-29 from the free throw line in the semifinal last night. Broke Richard Keene’s tournament record of 19 fts made.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/14/2017 at 8:41 AM, TheChosenOne said:

I like Kasubke quite a bit. I heard Nesbitt and Love are likely the best currently with Bradford having a lot of potential. Having seen Branson, obviously he is young, but I wonder if he will have the athletic ability to be a major DI prospect.

What is known about the Richardson kid? 6'4 freshman with solid stats in his first high school season (15.6 points and 8.2 rebounds), but against a smaller school schedule.

What do you know about Julian Winfield's kid? I saw he is at Chaminade, class of 2021.

Anyone know if we have reached out to Kasubke?  He had a great night against Morgan Park at Highland and is supposed to be shooting above 70% from the 3 so far.  That number seems off to me, but that is what I heard. Kasubke was the star of the Hellems/Ayo match up.  Unless, you want to give it to the moms who had the police called on them.

5 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Anyone know if we have reached out to Kasubke?  He had a great night against Morgan Park at Highland and is supposed to be shooting above 70% from the 3 so far.  That number seems off to me, but that is what I heard. Kasubke was the star of the Hellems/Ayo match up.  Unless, you want to give it to the moms who had the police called on them.

Yeah.  Luke is one to watch out for.  Good size.  Great shooter.  He struggled at times playing up a grade with McKinney and Liddell this summer.  But I watched him against Vashon and the highlights from the Morgan Park game.  Still needs to work on a few things but he's still just a sophomore 

17 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The P-D has him shooting 23-29 in 8 games, for 79.3%. That number, however, does not include 4 games; they have missing box scores for 4 games and incomplete box scores for 2 others, and he's getting credit for an extra 6 in the FGM column from those 2 games, with 0 in the FGA column (it's weird, he's listed as being 4-0 and 2-0 in those games, so the makes are legit but I don't have the attempt figures). Put another way, I can verify that he's 17-29 (58.6%) in 6 games, without correct stats readily available for the other 6.

So they have a lot of problems with the overall stats at the P-D.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

The P-D has him shooting 23-29 in 8 games, for 79.3%. That number, however, does not include 4 games; they have missing box scores for 4 games and incomplete box scores for 2 others, and he's getting credit for an extra 6 in the FGM column from those 2 games, with 0 in the FGA column (it's weird, he's listed as being 4-0 and 2-0 in those games, so the makes are legit but I don't have the attempt figures). Put another way, I can verify that he's 17-29 (58.6%) in 6 games, without correct stats readily available for the other 6.

So they have a lot of problems with the overall stats at the P-D.

-honest question, how much of the stat issue is at the P-D and how much is on the schools not sending stats?

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-honest question, how much of the stat issue is at the P-D and how much is on the schools not sending stats?

I think you hit the nail on the head.

Semi-related: We need some sort of Rammer "Bang, he got it!" gif/meme on this board.

16 hours ago, Cowboy said:

16 hours ago, brianstl said:

I think the biggest problem is schools not sending or sending incomplete stats in.  

To be completely clear, I wasn't blaming the P-D staff and am well aware of their limitations in terms of getting stats from every school and game. I should've worded that more carefully. The point is that they're not totally reliable numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I love that this kid chose pictures of other hometown players to go along with his tweet. Of course it probably helps that Tatum is his coach.

16 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Or it could just be material sent to him with the offer.

5 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure the players do these themselves. The old logos are used too often for the program to send these to them.

@SLURadioBoy is correct. The school doesn't send them photos to tweet out. Players started doing this in the social media era and it's caught on.

As for Love's selections, they're not just any hometown players. He's a CBC kid, so Hughes and Tatum were natural choices. Claggett's reply is great, too.

I like this offer.

Just now, Pistol said:

@SLURadioBoy is correct. The school doesn't send them photos to tweet out. Players started doing this in the social media era and it's caught on.

As for Love's selections, they're not just any hometown players. He's a CBC kid, so Hughes and Tatum were natural choices. Claggett's reply is great, too.

I like this offer.

Great point. I didn't even think about them all being from CBC. 

I also loved Claggett's response.

• SluSignGuy changed the title to Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)
1 hour ago, 314hoops said:

Caleb Love would be a fantastic get for SLU. He’s got a pretty good frame and can flat out score the ball. Also, last I heard, Larry Hughes Jr will be going to Whitfield, not CBC. 

no lh2 is going to cbc unless that has changed in the last few weeks.  

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Spoon-Balls said:

I saw that Caleb Love put up 37 points in the game against Webster Groves. Would love (no pun intended) for Ford to keep the local pipeline going. 

Ya Love went off. 

Have to assume Larry still keeps up with CBC program, right?