Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

There are a few other mistakes and omissions from their list. It looks like they hit publish before filling out the details.

Regardless, Bradford is the top name so far in that class, but it appears to be another loaded local class and he won't be the only top-100 name.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, bauman said:

ESPN's report is very suspect.  They list Bradford as attending Richmond Heights HS---ain't no such school!!!!!!!!!!!  Where would they have gotten that info?  Shouldn't we expect better info from the self-proclaimed #1 sports info location.

You mean my Richmond Heights Galloping Gallerias vintage jersey is bogus?

We could have MBM road trip to Indy if JT goes there and Willie comes to town.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

Wise move to get in on them early.  They also share offers from Missouri St.  Cam has an offer from K State with Iowa showing a lot of interest.

What do you think of these two, in terms of their games?

There isn't much video or scouting material on the 2020 kids yet, so I haven't seen either of them.

3 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Good move. Don't think SLU has much of a shot with McKinney (okay with me as I'm cool with Collins), but may have a shot with the 2020 kids. 

I think whether or not we "have a shot" with guys like McKinney will depend a lot on this season.  If we perform slightly better than expected (i.e. make the tournament) and appear to be a program on the rise, I think some recruits will reconsider SLU if they are not doing so now.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

What do you think of these two, in terms of their games?

There isn't much video or scouting material on the 2020 kids yet, so I haven't seen either of them.

Cam'ron 6'6 wing.  Long defender who likes to attack the basket.  Good spot up 3pt shooter who's working on his shooting off the dribble.  Good rebounder who likes to dunk it whenever he gets the chance.  High energy kid. Kobe 6'5 guard.  Smooth and unselfish. Quiet kid.  At times this year he will play both guard positions as well as SF.  High upside.  Can run the offense as well as score.  As sophomores they both still have things to work on but after McKinney....they are next to blow up.  As for McKinney he hears from K State and Mizzou the most.  Michigan and Pitt are the latest to inquire.  He and Liddell have a trip to Iowa planned for next month.  

23 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Cam'ron 6'6 wing.  Long defender who likes to attack the basket.  Good spot up 3pt shooter who's working on his shooting off the dribble.  Good rebounder who likes to dunk it whenever he gets the chance.  High energy kid. Kobe 6'5 guard.  Smooth and unselfish. Quiet kid.  At times this year he will play both guard positions as well as SF.  High upside.  Can run the offense as well as score.  As sophomores they both still have things to work on but after McKinney....they are next to blow up.  As for McKinney he hears from K State and Mizzou the most.  Michigan and Pitt are the latest to inquire.  He and Liddell have a trip to Iowa planned for next month.  

Great stuff.

I thought Vashon might dip after Stockard and Farris and Gilbert graduated but man, they might be even better in another year.

On ‎6‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 11:27 AM, RiseAndGrind said:

This thread makes me feel really really old.

Don't feel bad. Every thread on here makes me feel old. Come to think of it, I am old. Caleb Love? Any relation to how good it would be if we were all Justin Love? When does the Legend's kid graduate?

13 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Don't feel bad. Every thread on here makes me feel old. Come to think of it, I am old. Caleb Love? Any relation to how good it would be if we were all Justin Love? When does the Legend's kid graduate?

Larry Hughes Jr. will be class of 2022, he's in 8th grade right now. Book your calendars for 2023 national championship.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

justin love's kids are all pretty young.   like the oldest daughter might be 8 or 9 son is about 6 and youngest daughter maybe 4?   i.e. no kid in h.s.    plus justin is from the San Francisco area so no nephews etc either.   

gotta love the larry hughes jr video.   that tear drop is a killer for anyone let alone an 8th grader!

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Great stuff.

I thought Vashon might dip after Stockard and Farris and Gilbert graduated but man, they might be even better in another year.

Reece transferred so their team is made up of sophomores and juniors.  No traditional C on the roster so they probably will play uptempo.  I still think they will be top 5 in the area regardless of class tho.

5 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Look forward to the St. Mary's v. Vashon matchup in the sectionals.   The Wolverines have beaten the Dragons three straight years but the game last year was a nail biter.  Yuri Collins and Mario McKinney really go at each other.

? one of the best games of the year 

Lamontay Daughtery - SF, 6-6, 190 - DuQuoin, IL (DuQuoin) - Twitter: @IAMONTAY2

Offers: SIUC.

Interest: SLU, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa State, Evansville, North Texas.

Latest News: SLU, SIUC, and UNT have all been out to see Daughtery in September. He will visit SLU in October. (9/19/17)

Scouting Report: Daughtery is a long, lanky, athletic wing forward with a broad skill set for his age. He runs the floor extremely well, can handle it a bit in the open floor, and finishes in transition. He can play a little post at this stage, he's good out of the pick and roll, especially in the high post, and he rebounds and blocks shots. He needs to add to his frame and work on his jump shot, defensive effort, and all-around consistency, but definitely has a high ceiling.

-Daughtery is going to be one to watch. He's been on campus at Illinois, Indiana, and Evansville so far and will see Iowa State and SLU soon. Started to draw some serious attention this spring and summer with Bradley Beal Elite.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
5 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Eric Bossi was at the Vashon game this weekend in Chicago and came away extremely impressed with Cam'ron Fletcher saying he could be the next big national recruit out of St. Louis. Always glad to see us in early on the local kids.

He had 18pts ..13rbs and I thought he had an off game for him.  He is poised for a big year.  Slated to play up a grade with 17u this summer for TeamRamey.

• 4 weeks later...

Both times I have seen Collinsville sophomore PG Ray'sean Taylor this year he has put on a show.  Plays with no wasted motion,  can hurt you with the drive or the pass and is an excellent free throw shooter.  If he gets more consistent from three, he's going to be a monster.  Hope the stench of our current predicament has worn off by the time his recruitment blows up.