Luis Santos

He is not a grad transfer from what I can tell, so he would have to sit out a year. Former 4-star who hasn't lived up to the hype I guess, but appears to be a good rebounder and shot blocker. Big guy.  Guessing Macon has had some interaction with him in the past - from the Bronx, so could go to Fordham if he wants to stay close to home. Although if he steps foot in Rose Hill, he'll think twice about playing there. Would be happy if we land this guy.

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

Idk why, but I freaking love that place

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

I do too. My brother lives up there, so I have been a few times. Very quirky and retro and smaller than some high school gyms, but just don't think that appeals to many recruits. Duke has an odd, old building, but a long tradition of winning, so they can easily overcome it. Fordham... not  so much. Fordham again takes a hit with two transfers leaving this offseason. That program can never gain any traction even after they start attracting good recruits. A guy like Paschall bolted the first chance he got.

Looked at his bio....went to Sunrise Academy, same place Neufeld went .  Basketball Prep school?

4 hours ago, ACE said:

I do too. My brother lives up there, so I have been a few times. Very quirky and retro and smaller than some high school gyms, but just don't think that appeals to many recruits. Duke has an odd, old building, but a long tradition of winning, so they can easily overcome it. Fordham... not  so much. Fordham again takes a hit with two transfers leaving this offseason. That program can never gain any traction even after they start attracting good recruits. A guy like Paschall bolted the first chance he got.

https://fordhamram.com/2017/03/29/rose-hill-gym-to-be-renovated-renamed/

On 4/7/2017 at 2:01 PM, wgstl said:

Went there this year.  I liked it also.  There's a place in CBB for gyms like that.  Only real drawback was that there were only concessions in one spot and were served from a folding table.  Also, had to leave the actual building to use the restroom.  I guess that's 2 things.

18 hours ago, cgeldmacher said:

Went there this year.  I liked it also.  There's a place in CBB for gyms like that.  Only real drawback was that there were only concessions in one spot and were served from a folding table.  Also, had to leave the actual building to use the restroom.  I guess that's 2 things.

ha ya i was there this year to, that stand was hilarious 

On 4/8/2017 at 7:43 PM, cgeldmacher said:

That and the Palestra are definitely glorified HS gyms, and a helluva lot easier to get a ticket than Cameron Indoor.

1 hour ago, Bobby Metzinger said:

That and the Palestra are definitely glorified HS gyms, and a helluva lot easier to get a ticket than Cameron Indoor.

The Palestra is legit college basketball arena. It seats about 8700. Also it has a lot of history. 

http://www.philadelphiabig5.org/palestra/index.html

Now where LaSalle and St Joseph's play, I would not disagree if you called both of those HS Gyms. Recall seeing a Bills game at the Hagan and buying a pretzel from someone behind a folding table :)

15 hours ago, tarheelbilliken said:

The Palestra is legit college basketball arena. It seats about 8700. Also it has a lot of history. 

http://www.philadelphiabig5.org/palestra/index.html

Now where LaSalle and St Joseph's play, I would not disagree if you called both of those HS Gyms. Recall seeing a Bills game at the Hagan and buying a pretzel from someone behind a folding table :)

Yes - I was saying "glorified" in a good way - venerable and revered throughout college hoops circles, but definitely don't have the creature-features of modern arenas. Haven't been to Fordham for a game, but went to the UPenn/SJU clash back in January. Seeing a game at the Palestra was a bucket list item!