JT requests Release from NLI

No one knows what Goodwin is thinking, not really. The only solid piece of evidence we have about his thoughts are his tweets. These are readily available and have been posted in this board repeatedly and are entirely favorable to SLU.

Now, it is possible that some _______ (fill the blank) is placing himself in Goodwin's shoes and thinking aloud what he would do if he was Goodwin. That is entirely possible. We all know this board has people capable of such idiocy. They are the ones declaring that it is possible Goodwin may be rethinking his commitment to SLU. Repeat after me: No one has solid evidence or information substantiating this particular line of thought. What we do have are plenty of tweets declaring his commitment to SLU in all kinds of ways.

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. I go off on players who don't belong on this team and some idiot talks about our best recruit in the past however many years is rethinking?? First no coaching change, he can't leave after the signing. Second I am in a group text with a few other guys and him. That is the stupidest thing I've read on here. He is all SLU 100 percent. I can't believe I read that. Are there Illinois spies on here?? I don't care if some of you attack me for talking bad about former players, but saying something like Goodwin is leaving is rediculus. FYI for those who don't know, he has been our recruiter in the offseason and for our early local recruits. 

10 hours ago, Billiken Rich said:

I've hated MU since that condescending prick Norm Stewart was coaching the Tigers.  I also value the recruiting info that we get from posters like coach314.  It's pointless and self defeating to get into pissing matches with posters like him or her.   Sure it's silly that some posters get all butthurt and leave but it also cuts off a source of information which most people want.  Demanding a loyalty oath from every poster on this board is also silly.

I've engaged in back and forth here before so I may not be qualified to play peacemaker.  

You are not alone good sir.  Me too.  The fans just fed off the prideful condescending attitude.  It was and continues to be their worst attribute. 

6 minutes ago, HoosierBilliken said:

You are not alone good sir.  Me too.  The fans just fed off the prideful condescending attitude.  It was and continues to be their worst attribute. 

Lol such a hippocrite. You literally just said you ignored me. Pretty sure rich talked about valuing recruiting info. But maybe I'll give up on trying give y'all information on recruiting. Some of y'all don't deserve it. I'll just pm the guys I know on here if they ask for it. Some people here aren't fanatics and just want nice players with friendly dads. I'm done trying to help push out some info because y'all don't want to hear it

On 18/04/2017 at 7:53 AM, Coach314 said:

So is it that Porter Sr got the job or the pay he is receiving..or both?  Either way...if that is what is considered sleazy these next 6-7 months in here will be awesome to read.  But back to the actual thread.  Let's say Tilmon goes to Mizzou.  With the buzz Mark Smith is getting now (Duke, UK, Mich St) and Tilmon possibly playing in the SEC, Big 12, or ACC does Jordan or Gordon rethink their decisions??  I know Jordan believes he is better than Smith and Tilmon.  And Gordon...he's top 20 in the country.  If Mizzou comes in and steals the local shine...what happens then?  

314, i think you've reached a low point in your billikens.com posting days. Your post is idiotic. More pathetic is that some others on this site give your self-proclaimed title as "coach" credit or respect.

I wish Missouri success, competition is welcome. I also hope they agree to put SLU on the schedule in the coming years. Then we'll see who has the "local shine". 

1 hour ago, majerus mojo said:

Anyone have a translation for '3 in the bullpen'? 

edit: available scholarships, I'm assuming 

Well, there are two available scholarships, so I think "three in the bullpen" means that there are three other recruits the staff is actively pursuing.

Edit: Oh, never mind.  I hadn't seen the, um, informed speculation in another thread that Gillmann is apparently departing.

@HoosierBilliken No pissing match over here lol...I just threw out a scenario based on what i heard and what i know of these young men.  

@Glorydays2013 My comment about Goodwin was in reference to IF this upcoming season didn't go as he planned.  Even though there are other cases of kids asking for and receiving releases without a coaching change...i wasn't trying to suggest that he was going to do it. He is all about winning and his goal is to play at the next level. We see the high # of kids transferring to position themselves in better situations. Would/could Jordan follow suit?  It was just a question and possible scenario.

@William Iken the kids i coached call me coach so i guess it just stuck with me. Crazy how that works,  right? And i would hope everyone in here gets respect regardless if there a "coach" or not.

I will keep it positive as i have always done in here and not respond to the childish comments.  Good to see the passion and excitement about SLU's future.  Hope everyone is enjoying their day.  It's beautiful out.

9 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

@HoosierBilliken No pissing match over here lol...I just threw out a scenario based on what i heard and what i know of these young men.  

@Glorydays2013 My comment about Goodwin was in reference to IF this upcoming season didn't go as he planned.  Even though there are other cases of kids asking for and receiving releases without a coaching change...i wasn't trying to suggest that he was going to do it. He is all about winning and his goal is to play at the next level. We see the high # of kids transferring to position themselves in better situations. Would/could Jordan follow suit?  It was just a question and possible scenario.

@William Iken the kids i coached call me coach so i guess it just stuck with me. Crazy how that works,  right? And i would hope everyone in here gets respect regardless if there a "coach" or not.

I will keep it positive as i have always done in here and not respond to the childish comments.  Good to see the passion and excitement about SLU's future.  Hope everyone is enjoying their day.  It's beautiful out.

I still don't understand your post with reference to Glorydays.  Why assume it won't go as planned for Goodwin?  If you want whats best for the kid, why not root and hope he has a great year and leads SLU to the tournament.  Your last sentence makes it seem like you are an optimistic guy, why put out the pessimistic approach for SLU fans before the summer even starts?  Why not hope that Ford helps him get to the next level if all you care about are the kids and are neutral to the program?  

Are you on tigerboard saying what happens if Martin has Tilmon and Porter and doesn't make the tournament, how will that impact future top recruits?  Kids want to go to a place where they can win and if he doesn't with the number 1 overall recruit, will that hurt?  

2 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I still don't understand your post with reference to Glorydays.  Why assume it won't go as planned for Goodwin?  If you want whats best for the kid, why not root and hope he has a great year and leads SLU to the tournament.  Your last sentence makes it seem like you are an optimistic guy, why put out the pessimistic approach for SLU fans before the summer even starts?  Why not hope that Ford helps him get to the next level if all you care about are the kids and are neutral to the program?  

Are you on tigerboard saying what happens if Martin has Tilmon and Porter and doesn't make the tournament, how will that impact future top recruits?  Kids want to go to a place where they can win and if he doesn't with the number 1 overall recruit, will that hurt?  

Guy is all over the place. You nailed it with your last paragrah. Go let tigerboard know that things might not turn out well for the incoming freshman, before they even step on campus, inform them that better situations for them may arise elsewhere. Let us know what happens.

Dopey posts with dopey reasons behind them

7 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Missouri with Porter is in the same position LSU was with Simmons. Too much coverage mixed with the top recruit and a tough SEC conference leads to a very disappointed fanbase. LSU couldn't reload after Simmons and sunk their team.

Missouri will have to battle Kentucky, Florida, Texas AM, Alabama, Arkansas, Ole Miss and Vanderbilt. SLU will have much higher odds of a higher win season.

The biggest difference is if Mizzou can reload recruits after their star is gone.

5 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Well, there are two available scholarships, so I think "three in the bullpen" means that there are three other recruits the staff is actively pursuing.

Edit: Oh, never mind.  I hadn't seen the, um, informed speculation in another thread that Gillmann is apparently departing.

Then, again, I must think "three in the bullpen" means there are three recruits the staff is pursuing, because Gillmann's scholarship must be reserved for the 2018 class.  If they fill three slots in the 2017 class, someone would have to leave to open a spot for one of the two 2018 commitments.

3 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Then, again, I must think "three in the bullpen" means there are three recruits the staff is pursuing, because Gillmann's scholarship must be reserved for the 2018 class.  If they fill three slots in the 2017 class, someone would have to leave to open a spot for one of the two 2018 commitments.

If he leaves would a transfer be able to take it because he'd have to sit out '17? may be stating the obvious but board been dumbed down a bit of late

34 minutes ago, almaman said:

If he leaves would a transfer be able to take it because he'd have to sit out '17? may be stating the obvious but board been dumbed down a bit of late

That would be worse; it would "tie up" a scholarship for even longer.  Here's the scholly situation:

1.  2018 - Roby;
  2.  2018 - Gillmann (unless he leaves);
  3.  2019 - Foreman;
  4.  2019 - Henriquez;
  5.  2019 - Bess;
  6.  2020 - Bishop (2019 if his hardship waiver request is denied);
  7.  2020 - Welmer;
  8.  2020 - Johnson;
  9.  2020 - Graves;
  10.  2021 - Goodwin;
  11.  2021 - French;
  12.  ???? - 2017 signee TBD;
  13.  ???? - 2017 signee TBD;
  14.  20?? - Gordon;
  15.  2022 - Thatch

If Gillmann leaves and the scholarship is given to anyone other than a grad transfer using his final year of eligibility in 2017-18, then there would be a shortage of available scholarships for the 2018 recruiting class; a player on the 2017-18 roster would have to leave or Gordon or Thatch would be denied (or "sent" to prep school).

21 hours ago, William Iken said:

314, i think you've reached a low point in your billikens.com posting days. Your post is idiotic. More pathetic is that some others on this site give your self-proclaimed title as "coach" credit or respect.

I wish Missouri success, competition is welcome. I also hope they agree to put SLU on the schedule in the coming years. Then we'll see who has the "local shine". 

It is hard to believe that some people have given this guy respect - is it because he calls himself a "coach"? :unsure: After he made his bullsh!t post about Goodwin, I took a quick peek at his posting history.

He started posting last summer and following his very first post, somebody responded that he was vtime :lol: He may have been on to something. If he is not vtime, based on his posting history, there certainly are a lot of similarities. He's either vtime, a friend or kindred spirit.

- He presents himself as a coach, connected, recruiting insider... also very interested in Vashon.

- Claims to be a neutral observer, fan of all things local basketball.

- He posted very infrequently until Martin was hired... then he was energized to defend SPUMAC. 

- Has a view of recruiting hierarchy where he is pushing the idea of the top local recruits going to BCS programs - often Mizzou, while he pushes for SLU to go after the second tier local recruits. 

I gave this fool a chance, but his garbage about Goodwin disqualifies him from being viewed as credible.

9 minutes ago, ACE said:

It is hard to believe that some people have given this guy respect - is it because he calls himself a "coach"? :unsure: After he made his bullsh!t post about Goodwin, I took a quick peek at his posting history.

He started posting last summer and following his very first post, somebody responded that he was vtime :lol: He may have been on to something. If he is not vtime, based on his posting history, there certainly are a lot of similarities. He's either vtime, a friend or kindred spirit.

- He presents himself as a coach, connected, recruiting insider... also very interested in Vashon.

- He posted very infrequently until Martin was hired... then he was energized to defend SPUMAC. 

- Has a view of recruiting hierarchy where he is pushing the idea of the top local recruits going to BCS programs - often Mizzou, while he pushes for SLU to go after the second tier local recruits. 

I gave this fool a chance, but his garbage about Goodwin disqualifies him from being viewed as credible.

Some take this board way too seriously.  The board is for fun and banter about SLU basketball.  Chill.

8 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Some take this board way too seriously.  The board is for fun and banter about SLU basketball.  Chill.

8 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

No worries. I am having a LOT of fun right now. :lol:

47 minutes ago, ACE said:

+ 10

Please allow me to remind everyone that there was discussion on this board about offering Justin Tatum an AC job here when we were recruiting Jayson.  There was literally zero outrage from any of you when this was discussed.  This is part of the reason that I'm confused.  If we want to offer a dad an AC job to get his son to come here, it's not a problem, but when its a different school, suddenly several of you have a problem with it.  That is why it is so hypocritical.  I frankly don't care much what Mizzou does, I just can't stand acting like this board is so much better than others, which I thought it was, and then a bunch of you acting just like the idiots on the other boards they are complaining about.

1 minute ago, cgeldmacher said:

Please allow me to remind everyone that there was discussion on this board about offering Justin Tatum an AC job here when we were recruiting Jayson.  There was literally zero outrage from any of you when this was discussed.  This is part of the reason that I'm confused.  If we want to offer a dad an AC job to get his son to come here, it's not a problem, but hen its a different school, suddenly several of you have a problem with it.  That is why it is so hypocritical.  I frankly don't care much what Mizzou does, I just can't stand acting like this board is so much better than others, which I thought it was, and then guys acting just like the guys on the board they are complaining about.

I agree that there's some degree of hypocrisy, but (to play devil's advocate a bit) Justin Tatum is a SLU alumnus, and there are some of us [*ahem*] who were advocating for bringing him into the coaching picture years before Jayson was a consideration.

I still think the notion of impropriety in hiring Michael Porter Sr. as an assistant coach is overblown, but I can see some distinctions between the two scenarios that are worth mentioning.

@ACE oh no,  have i wasted my opportunity to gain your respect?  I appreciate the detailed analysis of my posts...i hope that didn't take up to much of your time.  I am truly honored. You were wrong on several accounts but that is ok.  I get it.  As long as it is in the best interest of SLU any comment factual,  speculative, or even a flat out lie is acceptable.  I have learned my lesson and have moved on.  What's stopping you from doing the same?

52 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

@ACE oh no,  have i wasted my opportunity to gain your respect?  I appreciate the detailed analysis of my posts...i hope that didn't take up to much of your time.  I am truly honored. You were wrong on several accounts but that is ok.  I get it.  As long as it is in the best interest of SLU any comment factual,  speculative, or even a flat out lie is acceptable.  I have learned my lesson and have moved on.  What's stopping you from doing the same?

Offering scholarships to the entire Vashon starting lineup and McKissic is not in the best interest of SLU... correct. I prefer Ford's approach. 

3 minutes ago, ACE said:

Some people were upset because Porter's flip-flop seemed to lead to the removal or Romar, who is well-liked by many on the board. 

But Michael Porter Jr tweeted that he was hurt after the firing because he was looking forward to doing something special at Washington next year.