JT requests Release from NLI

17 minutes ago, HenryB said:

Are you a fool all the time or only when you are awake?  Your defense of Coach314  embarrasses you.  I chase posters away.......really?????  You and posters like Coach314 start crap and want everyone to applaud you.....really???

And by the way.....I also find it hilarious you attack me as "one of the worse newbies".  Couple of points:  you obviously failed grammar - it is worst, not worse.  More importantly, however......do your homework before you run your mouth.  You call me a newby....let's see......oh yes......my profile says I have been around since 2005.  Your profile says you have been around since 2010...so who is the newby, dumbass????

If you and the Coach have your feelings hurt........awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww, poor babies.  If you don't like criticism then don't come on the board saying idiotic things.  One final word for you....I don't like MIssouri basketball.....got it????????

I like you alot

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've hated MU since that condescending prick Norm Stewart was coaching the Tigers.  I also value the recruiting info that we get from posters like coach314.  It's pointless and self defeating to get into pissing matches with posters like him or her.   Sure it's silly that some posters get all butthurt and leave but it also cuts off a source of information which most people want.  Demanding a loyalty oath from every poster on this board is also silly.

I've engaged in back and forth here before so I may not be qualified to play peacemaker.  

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

I've hated MU since that condescending prick Norm Stewart was coaching the Tigers.  I also value the recruiting info that we get from posters like coach314.  It's pointless and self defeating to get into pissing matches with posters like him or her.   Sure it's silly that some posters get all butthurt and leave but it also cuts off a source of information which most people want.  Demanding a loyalty oath from every poster on this board is also silly.

I've engaged in back and forth here before so I may not be qualified to play peacemaker.  

Exactly.  No, Rich, I think you're very well qualified.

1 hour ago, Billiken Rich said:

Agreed, I have been consistent on this. I think some people can be both a SLU & SPUMAC fan. The problem is those who will play the game of pretending to be "neutral" when their posts reveal a different story. It's the con phan and aj pulled for years. You see 314 trying it now. They deserve to be called out as frauds.

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Agreed, I have been consistent on this. I think some people can be both a SLU & SPUMAC fan. The problem is those who will play the game of pretending to be "neutral" when their posts reveal a different story. It's the con phan and aj pulled for years. You see 314 trying it now. They deserve to be called out as frauds.

Fraud? That's pretty harsh.  314 said something no one wants to hear regarding goodwin.  Deal with it.  I think his/her body of work is way outside the realm of AJ or the real trolls out there.  Anyone deserves to be called out for trolling but I'm just not seeing it  

6 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Second lets quit pretending Dad got the job based upon his work as a coach. He didn't. Name me the other coaches who went from a dba of a women's program to a woman's assistant coach to a highly paid men's assistant in a power 5 conference within a few years.. Without his son would he even be sniffing this job? No, hell no.

+1

Now that I think about it, why didn't Michael Jordan's Dad (insert your own Hall of Fame athlete here) get more credit for coaching, developing and nurturing his son to be so great.  Just imagine if Mr. Jordan had been an assistant coach to pass along all of his knowledge, coaching tips and advice - we could have had another legend..  Good grief....

Then again, as to Michael Porter, Sr., I admit that "I have NOT seen him play" but he does sound like not only the best assistant basketball coach around (see how good his sons are - no other proof needed) but also father of the year (see how close his sons are to him).  Then again, Marv Marinovich was also pretty close to his talented high school son/athlete.

http://www.sportsgrid.com/real-sports/nfl/cautionary-tale-alert-todd-marinovich-says-lavar-ball-makes-him-cringe/

21 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Fraud? That's pretty harsh.  314 said something no one wants to hear regarding goodwin.  Deal with it.  I think his/her body of work is way outside the realm of AJ or the real trolls out there.  Anyone deserves to be called out for trolling but I'm just not seeing it  

So you think Goodwin possibly backing out of his LOI at this point is credible?

1 minute ago, ACE said:

Must be all the "slu will rise next year" and "lou going to be jumping next year" and retweets of highlights of French that make it seem credible.  Hard to believe why fans would be annoyed with somebody speculating that Goodwin is going to leave because of where Smith and Tilmon go before he even steps foot on campus for summer workouts.  Then after the scenario that would only hurt SLU and benefit Mizzou, say "all I care about is the kids."  If you have the best interest of the kids in mind, you always tell them to base decisions on their future on what somebody else does or where somebody else goes to school.  Makes sense.  

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

I thought he was talking about Gordon. I assumed he was referring to Gordon allegedly only coming to SLU because is also coming here or he's insinuating that $LU backed up the brinks truck.

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I thought he was talking about Gordon. I assumed he was referring to Gordon allegedly only coming to SLU because is also coming here or he's insinuating that $LU backed up the brinks truck.

He clearly was stirring the pot about Goodwin rethinking his commitment....here is his quote:

does Jordan or Gordon rethink their decisions??  I know Jordan believes he is better than Smith and Tilmon.  And Gordon...he's top 20 in the country.  If Mizzou comes in and steals the local shine...what happens then?  

He is definitely not neutral...he is a Mizzou fan.

22 hours ago, ACE said:

It is really strange that a so-called moderator on BILLIKENS.com has gotten more riled up defending the honor of the Mizzou coach than he ever has about any topic pertaining to the BILLIKENS.

I can't for QIJ1, but what annoys me about the Martin bashing has little to do with the actual issue and more to do with what's behind it.  We have claimed for a while that this board is better than the Mizzou & Illini boards and that we are better, more logical fans than Mizzou or Illinois fans.  The people going crazy over a coach hiring an assistant so that he can get a recruit are proving that they are no better than Mizzou fans.  That makes me sad.  I thought we were better.

Just now, HenryB said:

He clearly was stirring the pot about Goodwin rethinking his commitment....here is his quote:

does Jordan or Gordon rethink their decisions??  I know Jordan believes he is better than Smith and Tilmon.  And Gordon...he's top 20 in the country.  If Mizzou comes in and steals the local shine...what happens then?  

He is definitely not neutral...he is a Mizzou fan.

Gordon's rethinking his commitment is not stirring the pot it's a genuine concern as we still have a lot of time until he can sign on the dotted line. Goodwin rethinking his LOI is ludicrous. But this is all just one MBM's opinion

2 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I can't for QIJ1, but what annoys me about the Martin bashing has little to do with the actual issue and more to do with what's behind it.  We have claimed for a while that this board is better than the Mizzou & Illini boards and that we are better, more logical fans than Mizzou or Illinois fans.  The people going crazy over a coach hiring an assistant so that he can get a recruit are proving that they are no better than Mizzou fans.  That makes me sad.  I thought we were better.

For years, SPUMAC fans ripped KU for hiring Manning's dad. Of course, now they're embracing it. Go figure. I also think for some SLU fans, they are ticked that it cost Romar his job. Romar is pretty popular on this board.

Wow, I didn't think this thread could get any worse back when glorydays was insulting the entire city of East St. Louis. Boy, was I wrong.

Seriously, what goes through somebody's head when they want to "defend" their favorite team on another team's message board? Surely they are not actually expecting or hoping for a productive discussion when they bring their partisanship to enemy territory. Even if I could figure out Tigerboard, no way would I go there and try to get them riled up by asking what might happen if Cuonzo gets busted for cocaine possession or banging a player's girlfriend next year, and then pretend I was just trying to start a nice, civil, objective discussion by doing so. Just ridiculous internet behavior.

13 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Goodwin rethinking his LOI is ludicrous.

TBH I'm surprised the Mizzou crowd hasn't raised the possibility here of Bess, Henriquez, Foreman and co. rethinking their transfers. I mean, who wouldn't want to sit out two straight years and give up a season of eligbility now that they've seen what a powerhouse the school 100 miles down the road is?

16 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

It's sad that you aren't bothered. You are being less than honest when you say all Martin did was hire an assistant coach to recruit a player. Porter Sr was given a bribe of 1.125 million dollars for the rental of his son for 1 year.  Should all parents of high profile athletes start demanding the same sort of deal? Is this the system you want? SLU would never compete in an environment like that.

6 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

It's sad that you aren't bothered. You are being less than honest when you say all Martin did was hire an assistant coach to recruit a player. Porter Sr was given a bribe of 1.125 million dollars for the rental of his son for 1 year.  Should all parents of high profile athletes start demanding the same sort of deal? Is this the system you want? SLU would never compete in an environment like that.

Hyperbole. 

5 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Goodwin rethinking his LOI is ludicrous. But this is all just one MBM's opinion

The idea of him rethinking is ridiculous. The idea of him rethinking because Tilmon and others are choosing other schools is trolling, insulting to Goodwin, and flies in the flop pile line of "I just want to see these boys succeed." It insinuates that Goodwin is some sort of follower - he's obviously not. And it paints him as a lesser player - He's the best of the local recruits this year. And it's not even close.