JT requests Release from NLI

• Replies 729
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

He doesn't have to sit out a year does he?

As long as Illinois grants his release from his NLI, he can go to any school and play next year.  If Illinois doesn't because he wants to go to Mizzou and they don't want that, they can not grant his release and he'd have to sit out a year to go there but that looks bad on the school.  

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nobody is disputing that Tilmon would be huge. He's not coming here. It's between MU and sticking with Illinois. You're arguing with opponents who don't exist.

Where do you see this? Has he said that SLU is out and he is going to Mizzou? Why would he request his release and still be deciding between MU and Illinois? 

1 minute ago, WestCoastBilliken said:

Where do you see this? Has he said that SLU is out and he is going to Mizzou? Why would he request his release and still be deciding between MU and Illinois? 

Presumably so he can be courted by Missouri without getting anyone in trouble.  Also, taking him at his word, Tilmon said he is still considering Illinois.  

5 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Nobody is disputing that Tilmon would be huge. He's not coming here. It's between MU and sticking with Illinois. You're arguing with opponents who don't exist.

My guess is that he will end up at KU or UNC and the Illini are not a player at all anymore.

56 minutes ago, johnbj14 said:

Pistol, Roy has not always been private. After JG committed here and he called foul play by SLU he went private because a lot of people were calling him out for being ridiculous. 

He probably felt even more foolish when Goodwin said that Illinois wasn't even in his top 2. I would love to see Illinois and SLU play and for Goodwin to just bury them.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

My guess is that he will end up at KU or UNC and the Illini are not a player at all anymore.

With you on Illinois being out. No idea where those schools stand. Seems pretty obvious it's MU, but what's he going to say, "I would like my release so I can go to Mizzou, thanks"

12 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

With you on Illinois being out. No idea where those schools stand. Seems pretty obvious it's MU, but what's he going to say, "I would like my release so I can go to Mizzou, thanks"

If I am Illinois, probably not going to grant that release until about.... oh... i dunno... monday.

43 minutes ago, majerus mojo said:

What do you do when you have people in your inner circle pulling you three different ways?  You choose the option none of them are pulling you to.  That way you don't let any of them think you chose someone else in that circle over them.

6 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

On a semi-related note, Illinois hired Orlando Antigua as an assistant today. That might be a better hire than Tilmon is a recruit. 

Fired from USF after 3 poor years, and his only recent years as a head coach. Leaving Kentucky seems to be a bad choice. Not sure if its a homerun hire. I think SLU has the better assistants by far. Their only good assistant seems to be the Horizon league guy

Just now, 615Billiken said:

To those that have been following JT for a while:

Does SLU have a shot of landing him at all? I know that MU is the most likely bet, but trying to determine if I should even have hope.

Well the ESL assistant coach just tweeted that he looks forward to being an MU fan. Best outcome is that Mizzou goes under investigation and loses scholarships. Martin Obviously had contact with Tilmon under the no recruiting period.  

Just now, Glorydays2013 said:

Well the ESL assistant coach just tweeted that he looks forward to being an MU fan. Best outcome is that Mizzou goes under investigation and loses scholarships. Martin Obviously had contact with Tilmon under the no recruiting period.  

Thanks!

It does seem strange that he didn't just wait until the recruiting period opened. And an incredibly stupid tweet from the ESL assistant coach.