The Tournament: Majerus SLU Crew

The Majerus SLU Crew is teaming up again to play in "The Tournament."   I went two years ago, and even though we lost, it was pretty awesome to see the graduated players.  Really made me re-appreciate Mitchell in particular.

So far Dwayne Evans, Mike McCall, Danny Brown, Cory Remekun, and Mike Crawford are signed up for the team.  They need your votes to get in the tournament (which is really fun to watch).  Click here to vote and learn more.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/1/2017 at 10:34 AM, SluSignGuy said:

The Majerus SLU Crew is teaming up again to play in "The Tournament."   I went two years ago, and even though we lost, it was pretty awesome to see the graduated players.  Really made me re-appreciate Mitchell in particular.

So far Dwayne Evans, Mike McCall, Danny Brown, Cory Remekun, and Mike Crawford are signed up for the team.  They need your votes to get in the tournament (which is really fun to watch).  Click here to vote and learn more.

I notice that @SluSignGuy has set up his link to earn him fan points and thus top payout spot ($20,000) if Majerus SLU Crew wins TBT.  If that happens, I'm not donating to the next Billikens.com fundraiser since Steve can foot that bill with his TBT winnings.  ;)

Kidding aside.  The SLU alumni team has slipped down to 7th place in the Midwest region.  Only the top 9 teams in each region earn "automatic bids".  Therefore, they need our votes.  If you have more than 1 email address, you can set up multiple accounts to vote more than once.

It would be great exposure for the SLU program in what would otherwise be a pretty dead time if they make it and go on a run in this thing.

18 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I notice that @SluSignGuy has set up his link to earn him fan points and thus top payout spot ($20,000) if Majerus SLU Crew wins TBT.  If that happens, I'm not donating to the next Billikens.com fundraiser since Steve can foot that bill with his TBT winnings.  ;)

This is actually my plan. :)  If Majerus SLU Crew wins...Billikens.com will be ballin

1 minute ago, SluSignGuy said:

Mitchell now appears to officially on the team!

AWESOME!

When does Jimmy Crews officially join as the coach? I am sure him and Bronson have plenty of free time this summer. 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, TFord and TRavs said:

Can someone explain that voting point thing. It says I got 1 point for voting but I can get more points if I invite people. I have no idea what I'm doing haha

After you log into you account, click on "view my account" at the top of the page and then click on the "recruit voters" button.  It asks if you want to post to your FaceBook page, Twitter, or email friends to invite.  Essentially all this is doing is providing a link to the TBT website and if people click that link and set up an account, then you get points.

Steve (@SluSignGuy) posted his link here, MBMs clicked it and signed up, and, now Steve is leading in points (57 total) amount Majerus SLU Crew "fans".

Fans then get a share of the pot if their team wins the tournament and their share depends on how many points they have.  See fan point rankings here and the payouts.  https://www.thetournament.com/teams/majerus-slu-crew-saint-louis-alumni/fan-arena

• 4 weeks later...

Bump.  Since Majerus SLU Crew added their 7th player Renaldo Major (Fresno State), the team is now eligible.

However, they need more votes if they're going to make it into the field.  They need to be in 9th place in the Midwest to be an automatic qualifier.  They're currently sitting on 438 votes (16th place) and are 213 behind the 9th place team.  If you only count teams that are currently eligible they're only 3 votes back of 9th place among eligible teams.  Not sure which way it is counted, but the voting ends on June 1st.

Steve (@SluSignGuy) is currently the leading fan with 63 points.  I think that means at least 63 people have set up an account and voted once using Steve's link above or on the main page.  If all 63 of those people set up 4 new new email addresses / TBT accounts and vote again 4 times, then that would put Majerus SLU Crew into an automatic qualifier spot.  I really think it would be cool to see McCall, Jett, Evans, and Kwamain play together again.  Let's do this.

https://www.thetournament.com/teams/majerus-slu-crew-saint-louis-alumni