Injury updates 2017

1 hour ago, 615Billiken said:

Any updates on Foreman? He left the game injured last night.

Bad back - he left the game walked around - never went into the locker room or at least the trainer did not attend to him.  He returned a couple of minutes later and sat down.  You could tell his back was bothering him on the court - he was stiff and could not guard his man at all.  Could just be a spasm like Roby had who knows time will tell.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, slusam said:

I think it was said on the SEMO game broadcast that he aggravated the foot injury and would be in a boot for a couple of weeks.

Ouch. 

I know I am in the minority, the VAST minority, but Welmer is #1 on my list of MIA.  We can certainly use more shooters, but we have Roby and Johnson.  The missing shooters are no better or no worse.  You can always use more ball handlers, but we have Goodwin and Bishop.  What we don't have is a decent backup for French (and Johnson) that can play inside and outside.

Just my opinion, and I'm not looking for anyone to agree.

Zink likes this

26 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Ouch. 

I know I am in the minority, the VAST minority, but Welmer is #1 on my list of MIA.  We can certainly use more shooters, but we have Roby and Johnson.  The missing shooters are no better or no worse.  You can always use more ball handlers, but we have Goodwin and Bishop.  What we don't have is a decent backup for French (and Johnson) that can play inside and outside.

-would be nice.....

Except S2 (which can't even be categorized), Foreman and Anthony turning out to be nothing more than a couple of minutes a half subs is the biggest let down of the season.   

2 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Except S2 (which can't even be categorized), Foreman and Anthony turning out to be nothing more than a couple of minutes a half subs is the biggest let down of the season.   

Anthony is who I thought he would be. Not sure why some people were expecting much. In the last game, he blocked some shots and played some pretty good D. If he can just be feisty and do that, he can still serve a role, albeit quite limited.  I think there is no question Foreman is not healthy. The only time he looked healthy and with a little bounce was in NYC. It's the only time we've seen flashes of what he is capable of when healthy. After that, he must have gotten hurt. Just doesn't move around well. Hopefully he comes back from the Christmas break feeling better. 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Ouch. 

Losing Welmer was big. I really liked the way Elliot finished last season thought if Elliot picked up from last season he would start with French but the second foot injury changed everything.

I think the vast majority would love to have him playing right now and feel his contributions would be huge.

9 minutes ago, Scoop said:

Welmer probably needs to pull a Bishop and hang it up for the year and petition for his 6th year of eligibility.  Get his MBA for free!

I was thinking about this.  Welmer is already an old man by college standards.  If he were to take another medical redshirt and get his 6th year of eligibility, I was trying to figure out how old he would be as a senior.

Normally you start your freshman year at 18, but Welmer took a prep year so I'm assuming he started his (academic) freshman year at 19.  Then he did a medical redshirt, so he likely started his freshman eligibility year at 20.  Presumably he is now 21 or 22.  If he takes another redshirt year and gets a 6th year of eligibility I believe he will be 26 by the time he finishes his senior year (if this scenario plays out).  Pretty crazy stuff.

All that being said, I have a feeling that if Welmer isn't able to come back and play at some point this season, he might just hang it up or Ford might not renew his scholarship.  Hard to justify wasting a scholarship on a guy whose feet may never allow him to play.  I'm thinking a Femi John situation.

On 12/28/2017 at 1:32 PM, Old guy said:

The apparent double fracture of the same foot that (we do not know the facts) apparently took a turn for the worse and landed him back in a boot are not good prognostic features in terms of his ability to play again.  

Cute grandkid you got there.