Manager Games - Vote for SLU

MBM's on twitter can help the SLU Managers "win" the manager games by voting for them.  Good way to show your gratitude to the guys behind our players / coaches doing the dirty work.

Edit:

Okay, I just posted this as a "look vote for SLU" thing and I didn't actually know what was going on.  Here is more info.  http://www.kpisports.net/2017/03/13/2016-17-manager-games-postseason-tournament-bracket-released/

I didn't realize this was an actual thing, but apparently SLU's team managers often play an actual head to head game with the opposing team's managers during the regular season.  Team records and rankings can be found here (http://www.kpisports.net/manager_games/d-i-mens-basketball-managers/).  

Now there is an end of season tournament (which SLU has somehow made despite being ranked #106) and managers can either actually play the game and use those results if possible or use a combination of the expected score of their game and fan voting on twitter to decide the winner.  I think manager teams who make the final four actually go to Phoenix and play each other at the NCAA fan fast, so that's pretty cool.  Go vote for our guys.

• 11 months later...
1 hour ago, philliken said:

This needs to be blasted.  Is Brian K on here?  Anyone who can tweet from official SLU accounts?  MoState is leading and it ends today...

Well looks like it has been blasted with SLU men's basketball, SLU athletics, Travis Ford, Corey Tate and Ross Chaifetz all tweeting about it at least.  Stu has as well but I saw it first from him last night.  

1 hour ago, Bills_06 said:

Well looks like it has been blasted with SLU men's basketball, SLU athletics, Travis Ford, Corey Tate and Ross Chaifetz all tweeting about it at least.  Stu has as well but I saw it first from him last night.  

Needs some St. Louis media folks to blast it as well.

The vote only counts 1/2 and the other 1/2 is based on their rankings, so SLU only needs about 45% of the vote to "win".  They have a chance, but need help.

34 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

I admitedly thought that there would be a SLU v. Missouri State game itself (like the Mizzou game) given proximity.

1 hour ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

What the hell kinda bs is that. A popularity contest to see who wins?

If you look at the replies on the tweet, it kind of sounds like SLU managers offered to host a game, but MO State managers (literally) wouldn't play ball.

I'd imagine MO State managers are taking the calculated risk that they have a better chance of winning the online poll than winning an actual game.  

47 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

If you look at the replies on the tweet, it kind of sounds like SLU managers offered to host a game, but MO State managers (literally) wouldn't play ball.

I'd imagine MO State managers are taking the calculated risk that they have a better chance of winning the online poll than winning an actual game.  

Typical Southwest Missouri State!

2 hours ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

What the hell kinda bs is that. A popularity contest to see who wins?

Not even a popularity contest. It's a basically a contest of who has more students. 

If you refuse to play there should be a bigger punishment.

14 hours ago, dlarry said:

Not even a popularity contest. It's a basically a contest of who has more students. 

If you refuse to play there should be a bigger punishment.

Also since they post all of the match-ups at the same time and give team rankings based on how they played during the regular season, there is incentive for fans voting in the other match-ups to vote for the underdogs to advance so that their team has a better chance of winning in San Antonio.

I know I voted in the other matchups and always chose the underdog thinking that the SLU managers would have a better chance of beating them later.

Obviously, it is all for fun and shouldn't be taken too seriously, but a little bit of reform would to the system wouldn't hurt.