Big East

kshoe

11 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

http://247sports.com/player/kostas-antetokounmpo-81333

This is the guy to fear. Remember his name. His brothers are both in the NBA and well you should know who the Greek Freak is at the Bucks by now who is only 3 years older than Kostas. We just have to pray he goes to the NBA early.

And FYI:

and

and

We'll be fine.

How's Marquette doing?

• Replies 436
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

59 minutes ago, kshoe said:

They also play basketball, some pretty good basketball when you think about the histories of UConn, Memphis and Cincinnati. So if they don't want to add any more football teams but want to improve basketball, why not add some of the best basketball only programs around?

Won't that hamstring them as far as football goes?  After all isn't that why they broke off from the BE?

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Taj with respect I know more of the Dominican Basketball program and playground elite than you. If it wasn't obvious enough I'm from the Milwaukee area... if you took time out of your day you would also read up on how that family are notorious for being late bloomers. They grow about 10 inches in high school. Yes the other one is playing in a euro league now but was also a 2nd round draft pick. You mentioned weight, I am sure he will be heavier by next season. Giannas is only 220... his brother Alex will be a big time recruit soon as well. In summary I know the high school he went to ( 5 back to back state titles ) and the coaching staff at his AAU. This kid got really good his senior year and will be a big time threat 

This guy knows a lot more about the Dominican basketball program.

71118_512x288_generated__GaS_x58olEOE6O0

1 hour ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Taj with respect I know more of the Dominican Basketball program and playground elite than you. If it wasn't obvious enough I'm from the Milwaukee area... if you took time out of your day you would also read up on how that family are notorious for being late bloomers. They grow about 10 inches in high school. Yes the other one is playing in a euro league now but was also a 2nd round draft pick. You mentioned weight, I am sure he will be heavier by next season. Giannas is only 220... his brother Alex will be a big time recruit soon as well. In summary I know the high school he went to ( 5 back to back state titles ) and the coaching staff at his AAU. This kid got really good his senior year and will be a big time threat 

This guy knows a lot more about the Dominican basketball program.

71118_512x288_generated__GaS_x58olEOE6O0

6 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

All I am saying is that it is rediculous to say Dayton will be down next year. They will have 6 new players and one with a phenomenal pedigree. They lived mostly with their brother and practice with him a lot. The younger one Alex should be on our radar. 

They're losing the same level of recruit (probably higher, honestly) except four years older! Think!

17 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

All I am saying is that it is rediculous to say Dayton will be down next year. They will have 6 new players and one with a phenomenal pedigree. They lived mostly with their brother and practice with him a lot. The younger one Alex should be on our radar. 

Dayton will almost certainly be down a little bit, and you basically give the reason why: They'll have a lot of roster turnover, and they're replacing a senior-laden team with a younger one. They've got solid talent coming in but I think you're overlooking just how much they're losing.

We've got 6 new players, too, and they're better than anyone on our current roster. Much different situation.

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

Won't that hamstring them as far as football goes?  After all isn't that why they broke off from the BE?

First off, the big east kicked them out of the conference, not them breaking away. 

I don't understand why adding a few basketball only schools would hamstring them for football. If there were any football schools they wanted to add or could add, they already would have done so.

all this move does is improve their basketball while leaving football the same.

Glory:  if you know Dominican and the brothers well enough, ask Kostas this:  kids sign with coaches.  What does he do if Archie leaves next year for NC State or elsewhere?  Would he stay?

6 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

Glory:  if you know Dominican and the brothers well enough, ask Kostas this:  kids sign with coaches.  What does he do if Archie leaves next year for NC State or elsewhere?  Would he stay?

And if he's so good, why isn't he going to Marquette?

I hope Chris May is being proactive about this AAC thing.  I'm fine with staying in the A-10 as it currently is.  But, if Dayton and VCU leave, we need to go to.  The worst case scenario is that Dayton, VCU, and Wichita State go to the AAC and we don't.  Suddenly, we would be stuck in a depleted A-10 that is full of east coast teams, the nearest of which would be Duquesne in Pittsburgh.

It sounds like the wheels are already turning on this.  We can't come late to this party if there's a shot at us going in with these other schools.

For those that want to get into the Big East, ask yourselves this: How likely will getting an invitation be if its suddenly harder to recruit to the lesser conference that the A-10 will become if this goes down.  I guarantee that T. Ford will be able to recruit the level of kids he wants if he can tell them that they will be playing U-Conn, Memphis, Cincinnati, etc. every year.  I'm not completely sure that he will be able to recruit guys to play against the teams that will be left in the A-10.

Another question:  Will Gordon sign next year if Dayton and VCU leave the conference?  He might get some folks in his ear about the level of talent he will be facing affecting his draft status.  If that happens, he may think that Kansas offers him better exposure.

This AAC thing may represent a big moment in the history of our program.  First, does it happen or not with Dayton & VCU.  Second, if it does happen, do we get invited along.

22 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I hope Chris May is being proactive about this AAC thing.  I'm fine with staying in the A-10 as it currently is.  But, if Dayton and VCU leave, we need to go to.  The worst case scenario is that Dayton, VCU, and Wichita State go to the AAC and we don't.  Suddenly, we would be stuck in a depleted A-10 that is full of east coast teams, the nearest of which would be Duquesne in Pittsburgh.

It sounds like the wheels are already turning on this.  We can't come late to this party if there's a shot at us going in with these other schools.

I largely agree...but the interesting thing is...without Dayton and VCU we should be able to contend for the Conference title each and every year. Obviously there will be a trade-off, but I would take a Gonzaga-type situation until we get an invite from the Big East.  

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695855-with-unlimited-potential-alex-antetokounmpo-hype-growing-to-freakish-levels

This article goes into detail how that family are late bloomers and grow 10 inches in HS. Giannas is only 220 for his size and is 22 years old and an NBA All-Star. Kostas will be good. I believe that the catholic school might have something to do with it so could help SLU. 

4 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2695855-with-unlimited-potential-alex-antetokounmpo-hype-growing-to-freakish-levels

This article goes into detail how that family are late bloomers and grow 10 inches in HS. Giannas is only 220 for his size and is 22 years old and an NBA All-Star. Kostas will be good. I believe that the catholic school might have something to do with it so could help SLU. 

I will take Goodwin over Kostas for A10 Rookie of the Year.

8 minutes ago, Bizziken said:

I largely agree...but the interesting thing is...without Dayton and VCU we should be able to contend for the Conference title each and every year. Obviously there will be a trade-off, but I would take a Gonzaga-type situation until we get an invite from the Big East.  

I think we'll compete for the A-10 title with Dayton and VCU in the league.  Playing them will help our RPI.  Not having them will hurt it. Gonzaga stays in its league, because it has no other options.  We may have options.

34 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

For those that want to get into the Big East, ask yourselves this: How likely will getting an invitation be if its suddenly harder to recruit to the lesser conference that the A-10 will become if this goes down.  I guarantee that T. Ford will be able to recruit the level of kids he wants if he can tell them that they will be playing U-Conn, Memphis, Cincinnati, etc. every year.  I'm not completely sure that he will be able to recruit guys to play against the teams that will be left in the A-10.

Doesn't seem to hurt Gonzaga

36 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

Another question:  Will Gordon sign next year if Dayton and VCU leave the conference?  He might get some folks in his ear about the level of talent he will be facing affecting his draft status.  If that happens, he may think that Kansas offers him better exposure.

This AAC thing may represent a big moment in the history of our program.  First, does it happen or not with Dayton & VCU.  Second, if it does happen, do we get invited along.

I think Gordon will sign to play at home and for coach Ford not for playing against Dayton and VCU.

I agree the AAC potential is a big moment as long as UConn, Memphis, and Cincy stay in the conference.  I like playing Memphis and Cincy every year like in the Great Midwest and C-USA.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

I hope the A-10 is savvy enough to have a call into Wichita State.  'Hey, if you want to jump ship, think about us.  You don't have to play second fiddle to football.'

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I hope the A-10 is savvy enough to have a call into Wichita State.  'Hey, if you want to jump ship, think about us.  You don't have to play second fiddle to football.'

Great point

14 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I do think its odd, if not hilarious, that you now have all these American teams saying they need to improve their stock in basketball, when it was football that caused to conference schism. Just an observation. 

1 hour ago, Bizziken said:

Why does anyone think a Big East invite will ever come?

20 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Maybe the Shockers have no interest in the A10.