Georgia's Punishment

Iggy

Seems to me like they got off lightly. No post-season ban. Loss of one scholarship for three years. What do you guys think? How do you think MI$$OU's punishment will compare?

i think that the self penalizing moves that mi$$ouri gave themselves will be it. no post season ban. they already fired 2 coaches, put $nyder on some sort of double secret probation, also banned a scholarship and limited recruiting. what will interesting to see is if $nyder has learned anything from the whole thing.

Roy said: "what will interesting to see is if $nyder has learned anything from the whole thing."

Yeah, don't get caught!

Seriously, the NCAA set their precident for punishment with the pathetic way they handled Michigan. Mizzou will escape a post-season ban and probably get no more than 2 years probation.

i guess i phrased it wrong. will laurie put up with $nyder getting "caught" in the future might be the more appropriate question.

>i guess i phrased it wrong. will laurie put up with $nyder

>getting "caught" in the future might be the more appropriate

>question.

My inclination is that this episode shall put more pressure on Quin to win. If he wins, all is forgiven. If he comes in with another NIT appearance, I think the hounds will be loose on him. Before the crowd seemed to be dazzled by all blue chip recruits and were willing to be patient for the inevitable success to follow. I don't think the Mizzou faithful are dazzled with Quin anymore. He has to produce the goods.

I suspect Snyder's already on a very short lease. Hence, the hiring of Melvin Watkins. You can't possibly think that MW was his choice for AC. Believe the thinking might be that if the NCAA shows some cojones and does slap Mizzery with a stiff penalty, Q could be gone the next day. Or the ST John's scenario of last year, Q's team doesn't play well at the beginning of the year and he's yanked during the season. The only thing saving his job is a nice run at the dance.

Read the quote below.

i dont think there is a chance in hell $nyder will be fired. laurie has cut his deal already with the ncaa. the rest is formalities to appease the general public.

Didn't they self ban themselves from post season immediately?? I think they were much more rapidly forth coming than mizzou was, I suspect the committee makes an assessment that what a school did was enough or not......if not then mizzou gets somethng added. Oh yeah and last year losing in the NIT is not considered self banning of post season play.:)

Quin personally was responsible for over 25% of the violations(tick one.) On Quin's watch, the coaching staff has been cited for ethical violations(tick two.) Mizzou is going to vigorously contest the illegal slush payment to Clemens(tick three.)

As bad as Georgia was, it did not create the same level of embarrassment that Moo has. Remember, they recruited Clemens because they saw him from a year previous, when they signed(and then lost) Okafor due to an NCAA ruling. The rules and infraction committees have very large axes to grind against Moo, and the charges of coerced and biased investigations will not sit well with the parties that finally pass judgement on Moo.

Many of the past members have been major university administration leaders, and most all will look askance at a Rhodes scholar like Mr. Clemens walking through the doors at Moo with 24 hours of freshly minted classes on the books. Regardless of everything which has occurred in the past two years, the 24 hours is what I would view as the largest problem at Moo.