GDT - Turning Davidson into Mildcats

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They just freak out when they get it close and the nonsense starts.

SLU outscoring Davidson 30 to 20 this half.  FG 47.7%, out rebounded 29 to 26, SLU 12 turnovers Davidson 6 the difference of the game.

Crawford 16 points, Hines 13 points

3 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I would say defensive rebounding or lackthereof

Rebounds SLU 31 Davidson 32 6 offensive rebounds for SLU, 7 for Davidson.

SLU 38-30 second half, FG 46.3%, 56.3% 3 pointers, FT 75% 21 fouls for SLU 16 for Davidson, 13 turnovers for SLU 6 for Davidson, 3 guys in double figures Roby 13, Hines 13, and Crawford 16.

The defense did not create enough turnovers and too many on our side.

I believe you play the defense that gives you the best chance to win.  In the case of Davidson, we can't match up man=to=man with Aldridge and Gibbs soa zone makes sense. But a zone has holes and that leaves jump shooters open.  Which is where they ran away and hid from us closing out the first half.  Pick your poison I guess.  Davidson had better personnel today.  Most team will and do.  In the first half, five of Hines' six drives resulted  in bad things ....prayers, forced shots, bad passes. not all official turnovers.  But Aaron did  have an overall decent game.  Agbeko's blown dunk was pitiful for him.  Highlight reel material gone bad.  Going to be interesting to see where Crawford's hamstring goes as he cools down.  Again, not much from Welmer, Johnson and Moore overall.  Neufeld and Gillmann equally the same.  

Let's see ..... 21 days left in January.  Only 28 in February and with one and done in March, we'll be done by the Ides,  Ergo 64 days of pure hell left.

I'll say that this is probably the best we've looked in a while. A number of individual errors, but we looked like a collective for most of the game, which is a big improvement. 

As the Wiz pointed out in an earlier thread though, we can't force 6 TO's and expect to win. Our defense needs to get more aggressive and our players need to be active in the passing lanes. Teams run their offense too easily against us.