JPizzotti resigns to take asst job at Illinois

Jbill34

Why would someone leave a Head Coach position to go to an Assistant Position on a team that is not a Women's BBall powerhouse? I thought we got Pizzoti from Indiana? If she wanted to be a Big 10 asst. I think she just would've stayed there. A couple explanations are possible for this 1. she saw the writing on the wall and it was over for her at SLU 2. this report is B.S. 3. She loves Illinois

The new AD begins tomorrow and maybe Jill saw the writing on the wall and felt she wasn't going to fit in the new AD's organization. I'm sure Ms Levick will be able to attract a top quality replacement.

I do not think Jillis leaving, but she did look at the Illinois job as their top assistant which she probably looked at because she would made a hell of a lot of money there. Plus, it was closer to home. I do not think she took it, but maybe she did.

i called frank's show this morning and he knew nothing about jill.

frank did mention that cusworth rumors seem hotter than ever plus he mentioned that a prep school player that is ready for college is close to committing to slu to replace alexander. what concerns me about that is why would such a player if he is quality be available this late? apparently is visiting now. or else just visited maybe.

we got drejaj late though, so who knows.

my impressions were that the player frank was talking about would be immediately eligible to play.

i have to have my son on campus the 19th. however, i believe classes start the week of the 23rd.

broy, I have never researched if SLU has had much luck with late signees. My guess is that more times than not, late signees are not as successful/productive as earlier signees. Perhaps this is the year SLU gets lucky with a late signee. We're due!

Why is he available in August....maybe he was a qualifier and decided to pass on his second year of juco; maybe he originally intended to go to one of those New England prep schools and then changed his mind; maybe he was going to accept an Ivy League grant but later decided he wanted to play in a major D1 conference; maybe he just liked the Billiken uniforms better than his current uniform; hell, who really knows!

>dewey, I was not referring to D1 transfers such as RB since

>they have a known/documented D1 track record. I was

>referring to late high school, late juco or late prep school

>signees. Sorry for not being more clear with my comment.

>(Yes, AD has turned out to be a plus player!)

Drejaj was a "late" signee but he'd been recruited/watched for a while by SLU and a number of other mid-majors and major schools, however they were just waiting for him to qualify before he got an offer and he didn't qualify until June.

personally, i am tired of the little clique of jill bashers that have on two occasions now started a nasty just plain wrong rumor. it isnt fair to jill, and it isnt fair to the billiken fandom. while jill has not had the success we all would have liked to have seen thus far, a case has been made many times here by more than just me that jill surely doesnt compete on a level playing field for recruiting. i am not the biggest jill booster, but my gosh, until she has all the tools, i am not going to bash her. once the administration is behind her to the degree that they are for coach soderberg, and she then isnt producing, then bring it on. but until then drop it bashers.

It is incredibly mean and beyond classless for you to attempt to spread these false rumours about Jill. You hide behind the no name-no identity of the internet and then you state lies about people in an effort to hurt them. This is despicable behavior. If you have a job, a real question in light of your ignorant behavior, I hope someone spreads a rumour that you had quit and see how you like it. I am sick of seeing this junk on the board and I would suggest you go elsewhere with your venom.