New Billiken to be revealed

DoctorB

• Replies 349
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

28 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I actually think it looks good in a lot of the pictures that make the gray lighter. Personally I wouldn't have used gray at all 

I agree with this. There are some pictures I've seen where the gray side of the face is much less prominent. Those look much better than the pictures where the gray/white sides of the face are more visible.

The problem is that the worst pictures I've seen are the ones taken live at the unveiling, so they're not photoshopped.

Once upon a time, Marquette announced they were changing to become the "gold." Public reaction was so quick and so negative that they quickly changed to the golden eagles. Maybe something similar can happen here. We may have to ask Goodwin to give back some of the $324k he was paid for his commitment, but a new mascot shouldn't cost more than 5k.

Just now, maverick said:

Wow. I agree with everyone, this is horrible.

Who is the patron saint of mascots? I will say a prayer that this gets fixed.

I think you mean "lost causes" in which case would be St. Jude.

4 minutes ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

After processing this, I'm hoping they have a second mascot head that's all white, or one that can be ordered easily. The two tone just doesn't work. I think a one color head is one people can get used to much more quickly.

Triggered.