Predictions on the soccer team.

Tilkowsky

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Okay TrollPants, so you don't like foreigners.  Is that why you called SLU Alumni Kevin Lisch a "traitor" on the PD SLU Forum, using Black Cat one of your many stage names?  Care to explain your remark?

y Black Cat » 19 Aug 2016 07:46 am
stlwaino50 wrote: We need to keep praying that Lisch wins a medal in these Olympics. Being able to hang a replica next to the already overflowing trophy case would be awesome for the Billikens. Lisch is certainly making SLU and Belleville proud and it's great to see what a hard-working man with so much talent can do. Just goes to show that America is the greatest country in the world and our own citizens are able to push foreign countries over the top in their own forms of success. I can't wait to see Kevin come back to the USA knowing that he saved the country of Australia all while making America, SLU, and Belleville proud.

Good luck today Kevin! Even if you don't win a medal, you've done a ton for this country, school, and city. We love you bud!

Kevin Lisch is a traitor.

Unfortunately this is off topic. HoosierPal start a thread and I will respond.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, SLUBALLS said:

Went to the PRe-season kickoff dinner which had Kavanaugh from World Wide talk plus some guys from Saint Louis FC.  Theme like last year was about respecting the history, taking advantage of the opportunity, and being a part of the billiken family.

In terms of this season, we will have a lot of new faces and there may or may not be growing pains. If the talent is good, we'll transition ok.  McGinty brought in a couple JUCO guys I believe including a centerback from Jeff College which is a solid program.  That will alleviate some of the inexperience and youth on the team.  Goalie is solid as are the wing backs.  The one german centerback - Julien - is back as well.  I am excited to see the new former refugee kid play.  This will be a hungry bunch with many positions up for grabs.

In terms of recruiting, yes, Virginia recruited overseas and I remember the big Germans they had even back in 2006 when they played it the College Cup at SLU.  So no it's not new to McGinty given his time at Virginia.

I will have to take your word for it.

i looked up the 2005 roster for UVA and I think that they only had one German at the time.

tried to find the 2006 roster and couldn't.

Looks like SLU played Jefferson College to a 0-0 tie last night in exhibition play.

I did not get to go and I generally do not read to much in to exhibitions for all the obvious reasons, but on paper, a 0-0 tie against a community college with the Jefferson College keeper registering a mere two saves...

Did anyone see it?

I was there. SLU is way too slow up front. Maybe the fact that they played 20+ guys hurt any kind of famiarity between the midfield and defense but SLU dominated possession but couldn't break through the last line because most of their forwards were just so slow. They have some playmakers on the outside in the midfield who either have speed or size but outside of Brown up top, the forwards seem to be lacking

2 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Is that really all that uncommon in college soccer? Every year or two a major league team will lose to Manatee Community College or University of Tampa in spring training.

If it is not uncommon would you like to provide an example?

11 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

Examples of the MLB spring training games I was talking about? Sure:

http://www.springtrainingconnection.com/college.html

Care to provide any support for your trolling re: the Jeff Co/SLU exhibition?

I am sorry I misread your quote.

I thought you meant other major college soccer programs (is SLU even considered a major program anymore?) that lost to community colleges. My mistake.

The only thing different from those games and SLU's game was I bet very few if any of the Phillies starting lineup played the whole game.

Where I bet SLU starters played a lot on Saturday and still couldn't score on a community college.

30 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

SLU played 24 players on Saturday. So there goes your theory.

Regardless the players played some.

Should't the starters of a supposedly good Division 1 team still be able to score on a Community College team even if they play 15 minutes?

Shouldnt the second team (from a school like SLU) be able to score on a Community College team?

i realize Jefferson College were MCCAC Champs last year (which I am sure means something to somebody) - but, shouldn't SLU be better than them?

Even the second eleven? Doesn't say much about SLU starters or reserves - does it?

All of the Phillies' starters from that game have seen time in the major leagues.

1 hour ago, Tilkowsky said:

I am sorry I misread your quote.

I thought you meant other major college soccer programs (is SLU even considered a major program anymore?) that lost to community colleges. My mistake.

The only thing different from those games and SLU's game was I bet very few if any of the Phillies starting lineup played the whole game.

Where I bet SLU starters played a lot on Saturday and still couldn't score on a community college.

All of the Phillies' starters from that game have seen time in the major leagues:

http://m.mlb.com/gameday/spartans-vs-phillies/2015/03/01/429844#game=429844,game_state=final,game_tab=box

The site above has a couple more fun examples, including an Orioles lineup with J.J. Hardy, Adam Jones, and Matt Wieters losing to State College of Florida and a Pirates lineup with Andrew McCutchen and Neil Walker losing to Manatee CC.

54 minutes ago, hsmith19 said:

All of the Phillies' starters from that game have seen time in the major leagues.

All of the Phillies' starters from that game have seen time in the major leagues:

http://m.mlb.com/gameday/spartans-vs-phillies/2015/03/01/429844#game=429844,game_state=final,game_tab=box

The site above has a couple more fun examples, including an Orioles lineup with J.J. Hardy, Adam Jones, and Matt Wieters losing to State College of Florida and a Pirates lineup with Andrew McCutchen and Neil Walker losing to Manatee CC.

How many of the starting 9 were Phillies regulars. By regulars I mean somebody who started almost every day for the Phillies.

How many of the other Phillies who appeared in the game were Phillie starters?

So in your other examples two of nine players were starters?

Not exactly representative of either the Oriole or Pirate team do you think?

i guess I was looking for examples of where a CC beat a major league team that all nine starters played all nine innings.

4 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Guys ... please quit. Go to stltoday and read his crap. Ignore him and he'll talk to himself awhile and eventually go away. Either that or he'll end up[ banned.

Is this the same guy from the stltoday boards who has 50 different accounts named after obscure professional wrestlers?

13 hours ago, Tilkowsky said:

How many of the starting 9 were Phillies regulars. By regulars I mean somebody who started almost every day for the Phillies.

How many of the other Phillies who appeared in the game were Phillie starters?

So in your other examples two of nine players were starters?

Not exactly representative of either the Oriole or Pirate team do you think?

i guess I was looking for examples of where a CC beat a major league team that all nine starters played all nine innings.

Hsmith19?

11 hours ago, hsmith19 said:

Is this the same guy from the stltoday boards who has 50 different accounts named after obscure professional wrestlers?

I don't know about wrestlers as I don't follow it, but he's had several names and he does the same crap he's doing here.