The house Ford Built

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Its the off-season, there really is nothing for us to discuss. We don't have a recruit like Tatum to argue back and forth and back forth about this summer.

I know but a person's financial decisions should not be for public discussion. I realize he's sort of in the public domain but not that much.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

19 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The guy ended up making over $20 million dollars at OSU.  Even if he takes a $1 million dollar loss on the house, who cares?  If it made his wife and kids happy it was worth less 5% of his income.  He is still going to have plenty of money to put his kids through school and to spend in his retirement.

Exactly. He banks that $20M he is living off of $1.0M - $1.2M just off the interest alone. 

When I saw this thread, I thought it was going to be some $25M house, which in that case I would agree that it wasn't the smartest buy, but a $2M house?!?! If he was coaching USC or UCLA or any other Major City team, he would be lucky to buy an average newerish 3 bed 1500 SF home for $2M in West LA right now. 

16 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The guy ended up making over $20 million dollars at OSU.  Even if he takes a $1 million dollar loss on the house, who cares?  If it made his wife and kids happy it was worth less 5% of his income.  He is still going to have plenty of money to put his kids through school and to spend in his retirement.

That could depend on the totality of his financial decisions, but none of this affects us at all. Unless of course he is looking for a CFP and in that case I know a really good one.

20 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I know but a person's financial decisions should not be for public discussion. I realize he's sort of in the public domain but not that much.

I don't think any of us truly care, but this is a message board where we discuss a lot of stupid things especially during the summer. If Coach Ford wants to build a 9,500 square foot house in Ladue in a few years, I will similarly not care, but might have some thoughts about it.

It would not surprise in his exit contract from Okie State or what SLU gave him he got the perk of a relo-package by one of them. Its done for all top level executives. In SLU case, in order for it to attract top administrators, hard to get profs and med school professors.

Basically how it works if the house does not sell after a specified period of time, the relo company would pick it up. Ford would get the average of a few appraisals.

He has the money, good for him to buy nice things. 

SLU fans should be more concerned with Pestello making SLU overpay for his residence in the CWE. Or the fact that he added his wife and daughter to the payroll. And his out of town son as a full time student. I would like for him to keep the budget in check and hope Travis Ford does whatever he wants with his cash.

12 minutes ago, P.B. said:

And his out of town son as a full time student.

That's a pretty common perk.

Few months ago, I was seeing my doctor over at Emory who also has a faculty position with the Emory Med School. I said I don't want to lose you as my physician. She replied, don't worry I have 3 daughters approaching college age and I need that free tuition perk.

1 hour ago, tarheelbilliken said:

That's a pretty common perk.

Few months ago, I was seeing my doctor over at Emory who also has a faculty position with the Emory Med School. I said I don't want to lose you as my physician. She replied, don't worry I have 3 daughters approaching college age and I need that free tuition perk.

Yeah, and not just for tenured faculty even. I know a guy who works tech support for Webster and got something crazy like 350 credit hours for free between him, his wife, and two daughters.

On 6/21/2016 at 10:25 AM, moytoy12 said:

Who gives a sh*t, it's his money.  Good for him.  He could build the biggest gotdamn monstrosity and lose his ass on it and it wouldn't make a lick of difference to me. 

Says the guy ordering premium import beer while there's $3 tall boys.  Didn't you live in Jordan Shipley's house?  You have no credibility.

Is that couch from Ashley furniture still available? Also is it a sleeper sofa? Asking for a friend.