The end of Gus

How similar to coleslaw is Boleslaw?

I'm in Brac now and am having octopus stewed with local veggies & potatoes in an iron pot for 3 hours for dinner tonite for dinner along with the local red along with some other altecocke bikers ????

3 hours ago, Major Majerus said:

How similar to coleslaw is Boleslaw?

I'm in Brac now and am having octopus stewed with local veggies & potatoes in an iron pot for 3 hours for dinner tonite for dinner along with the local red along with some other altecocke bikers ????

Unc, I believe you're the only person on this board who could have composed such a post, and I'm the only one who could understand it. ;)

16 minutes ago, SShoe said:

It's typically held in January or February.

Baby Pistol will be in the 6-8 month range at that point. On the young end of the crawling phase, but should be in it by then.

Might need to get a program going with Backhand...

On June 11, 2016 at 7:52 PM, bonwich said:

If he's not gone by the baby race, I'll strike the final blow.

I'm at my son-in-law's birthday party, and we realized that my latest grandson will be eligible this year.

His name is Bolesław Kuczewski.

If I can ask, what does "End of Gus" mean? I'm unfamiliar with the reference. 

12 minutes ago, MCMelton said:

If I can ask, what does "End of Gus" mean? I'm unfamiliar with the reference. 

"Gus" refers to Guy Phillips, our bumbling PA announcer. He called Dwayne Evans "Dwight" for at least half of the player's career, and generally has to correct himself on a regular basis during games.

It's something of a running joke here that whenever we recruit a player with an untraditional name, someone comments that Guy will have a terrible time saying the name, and may even end up quitting. With the difficulty in pronouncing Bonwich's grandson's name, Guy will undoubtedly butcher it and may be done in by such an arduous task.

21 hours ago, Pistol said:

Baby Pistol will be in the 6-8 month range at that point. On the young end of the crawling phase, but should be in it by then.

Might need to get a program going with Backhand...

As someone who had a baby compete (and lose) in the most recent race, I'll throw out that that focus / timing is the most important thing.  You can have the fastest crawling baby in the world, but once they are out on the court lined up with 20 or so other babies they'll be very easily distracted.  Mommy is 20+ feet away at the finish line, so their focus is going right to the baby in the lane next to them.  If it is nap time or meals aren't planned properly, then your baby is toast as well.  

6 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

As someone who had a baby compete (and lose) in the most recent race, I'll throw out that that focus / timing is the most important thing.  You can have the fastest crawling baby in the world, but once they are out on the court lined up with 20 or so other babies they'll be very easily distracted.  Mommy is 20+ feet away at the finish line, so their focus is going right to the baby in the lane next to them.  If it is nap time or meals aren't planned properly, then your baby is toast as well.  

My baby will have blinders on