Schedule: 2016-2017

53 minutes ago, kshoe said:

In classic form of SLU not getting anything quite right, the original tweets said the promo code was buy2017. I went online to see where the seats were at, and the code didn't work.  

Saw later tonight the same advertisement but the code was now buy217. It worked this time.

the tickets are in an upper corner but I applaud SLU for trying anything to get butts in the seats at this point.

Yeah, I couldn't get the code to work when I first saw it, so I called and they gave me the promo over the phone. They said several people were having issues like me. It is quite the deal, though. I was just going to get a package deal this year with some games, but that would likely cost as much as this for a full season.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

Call ticket office and ask for manager. If I need help with anything in department he's my go to. Helped a family from my church a couple years ago when the mother passed away, really took care of the kids at a game. He will help your brother out. Good luck.

6 hours ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Also, no Campbell Camels/Coastal Carolina Chanticleers on the docket - as previously speculated.

Campbell was previously posted as a joke by someone on here and was never truly speculated to be on the schedule.  Coastal Carolina was only speculated as they are a part of the MGM Grand Main Event "visitor" teams, which include Ball State, Southern Utah, and Coppin State.  Once Ball State and Southern Utah were confirmed to be assigned to come to Chaifetz, Coastal Carolina was removed from speculation.  Only change other than the confirmation of Eastern Illinois, Chicago State, and Winthrop was the date change for SIUE, which was initially reported to be 12/10 by SIUE but was soon moved and updated on their schedule to 12/17.

-looking at the men's schedule against what has been released for the women and, as of now, both have exhibitions on Nov 4(Fri), both have home games on Nov 17(Thur), both have home games on Dec 3(Sat), could be an effort to get more exposure for the women or these might change

-I watched the presser, nothing earth shattering but a very good idea to get a few reporters on the scene, do 15 minutes on the schedule and put it on line, I have to think CFord's idea, well done

13 hours ago, kshoe said:

In classic form of SLU not getting anything quite right, the original tweets said the promo code was buy2017. I went online to see where the seats were at, and the code didn't work.  

Saw later tonight the same advertisement but the code was now buy217. It worked this time.

the tickets are in an upper corner but I applaud SLU for trying anything to get butts in the seats at this point.

It's basically just offering the Young Alumni discount to the general public in worse seats, right? Surprised it took them this long to try that.

On 9/6/2016 at 3:25 PM, JMM28 said:

It's weirdly religious. Like "wouldn't be surprised to read a mass suicide news story" religious.

I am not sure where you read this, but Greenville is on the opposite end of the Christian Evangelical colleges from say Bob Jones.  Students do not have to sign a statement of community principles...students can dance...they can live in co-ed dorms...students do not even have to be Christian.

Greenville is not going to challenge SLU at all, but they are on year two of playing a version of the Grinnell System which emphasizes both run and gun and perimeter shooting.  If Greenville brings the System, they will play a full court press and may even substitute 3-4 players at every break.

Grinnell and Greenville led Division III in most offensive statistics a season ago.  And, if they are able to run the system adequately, they may score 80-90 points or more on SLU, though as much as the system may be fun to play, it generally does not lead to wins against better teams in Division III.  SLU may score 150 points if they choose.

Again, SLU will destroy Greenville, but this has the potential to be a fun game to watch.

16 minutes ago, WUH said:

I am not sure where you read this, but Greenville is on the opposite end of the Christian Evangelical colleges from say Bob Jones.  Students do not have to sign a statement of community principles...students can dance...they can live in co-ed dorms...students do not even have to be Christian.

Greenville is not going to challenge SLU at all, but they are on year two of playing a version of the Grinnell System which emphasizes both run and gun and perimeter shooting.  If Greenville brings the System, they will play a full court press and may even substitute 3-4 players at every break.

Grinnell and Greenville led Division III in most offensive statistics a season ago.  And, if they are able to run the system adequately, they may score 80-90 points or more on SLU, though as much as the system may be fun to play, it generally does not lead to wins against better teams in Division III.  SLU may score 150 points if they choose.

Again, SLU will destroy Greenville, but this has the potential to be a fun game to watch.

It has come to my attention that Greenville has access to a warehouse outside of St. Louis for a school dance.  Let us pray that the Lord will guide them in their endeavors.

34 minutes ago, Scoop said:

It has come to my attention that Greenville has access to a warehouse outside of St. Louis for a school dance.  Let us pray that the Lord will guide them in their endeavors.

I am guessing that there is humor or wisdom in this post, but I cannot find it.

1 hour ago, WUH said:

Their own website makes it sound pretty strict.

As for their style, that sounds like fun. I hope this one is available to stream somewhere.

10 minutes ago, WUH said:

I am guessing that there is humor or wisdom in this post, but I cannot find it.

You must've been a zygote or 50 in the mid 80's.  Think Kevin Bacon and hair spayed with sillicone to get it perfectly spiked........

Obviously a "Footloose" reference.......

9 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Obviously a "Footloose" reference.......

I assumed that there was something there...I may be the only one I know who has never seen Footloose or The Titantic, so those references are always lost on me.  Thanks though.

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Their own website makes it sound pretty strict.

As for their style, that sounds like fun. I hope this one is available to stream somewhere.

By SLU standards, they definitely are.

As for the style, I hope I did not build this game up too much, but if anyone is thinking they may pass on this game because it is against a Division III opponent, they may want to think again.

2 hours ago, WUH said:

It would be fun to see SLU to score 150 points and certainly seems like this would be more entertaining than a regular exhibition game.  However, honestly, I'd rather SLU play a team that runs a more traditional system in their exhibition.  Playing Run N Gun College is not going to prepare them as well for regular season opponents that are not going be running that system.... Then again, this next season may well be a dumpster fire and SLU ain't going anywhere until 2017-18 so it may as well be fun.

• 2 months later...
On 5/20/2016 at 2:04 PM, HoosierPal said:

I'm not the one claiming Barnes is better than any of our returnees, Agbeko, Bartley, Bishop, Crawford, Gillmann, Hines, Neufeld, Roby, and Welmer. That was your comment. Let's see how the season stats play out.

Barnes will have to average well into double figures in points say 12.0 ppg, shoot a minimum of 35% from the arc, with 50 to 75 assists. with an A/TO ratio better than +2.25. As a guard he still needs to grab around +75 boards. He will have to log around +800 minutes to get this accomplished.

Hey, I wish Mr. Barnes all the best at ISU. It after all is a school in HoosierLand. But to say he is better than any of our returning players without playing a minute of D1 ball is sophomoric.

Keep on hating. (I see you graduated to Capital Letters.)

Barnes is averaging 10.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, shooting 37.5% percent from 3 and playing 25 minutes a game so far for an Indiana St. team that just beat Ball St. at Ball St.. The team that beat us by 21 on our home court.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Barnes is averaging 10.5 points, 4.5 rebounds, shooting 37.5% percent from 3 and playing 25 minutes a game so far for an Indiana St. team that just beat Ball St. at Ball St.. The team that beat us by 21 on our home court.

Crews was happy with our backcourt situation. 

I watched the game Ball State stunk, the announcers were surprised by the open shots they missed. As well as they shot against us, is how poorly they shot last night. Barnes played well, but is not playing the point for Indiana State. I think it's a kid from a juco playing point. Barnes made a couple of 3's and was 4-4 from the line as I recall.

1 hour ago, slufan13 said:

Crews was happy with our backcourt situation. 

The worst thing about the line is Crews said it to Barnes high school coach, who just happened to be the father of the number one recruit in the country.  A week later Crews offered a point guard and a shooting guard in the same class. Crews just exposes himself as a liar to Tatum's dad.  You couldn't make up recruiting screw ups as bad as the ones that happened under Crews if you tried.

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

So I am not sure what you are trying to say.  You quoted my post, commenting on BR's post, where BR said Jordan was better than any of our returning players.  So after 2 games, you are saying that a 33% shooter is better than every returning SLU player?  Really?  Do I need to show you SLU's two game stats to show you, statistically - the method which you have chosen - that BR's statement is false based on two games?