16-17 A10 preview

Could happen.  Could not happen.  50/50 on this end.

Only item article misses is the fact the talent level is so low that overcoming that may be job 1.

I am going to write an article about how DePaul is a final 4 sleeper this year. 

The hardest kool aid drinkers in history can't squint hard enough to make this look like a tournament team. 

I hope Jalen Johnson starts. The rest is just waiting for 2018

I'd like it if Reggie and Mike have decent senior years, Neufeld and Bishop improve, Moore and Johnson are real keepers and the remainder of Crewsplatt shows some improvement or moves on.  Oh, and Welmer is decent.

The question here is how high can we climb from the bottom during next season. Again our team may have more talent than what was shown under Crew's coaching and the 3 freshmen may be able to contribute significantly. If this is the case we may not end at the very bottom or the next to the very bottom level.

22 hours ago, SLU_Nick said:

I am going to write an article about how DePaul is a final 4 sleeper this year. 

The hardest kool aid drinkers in history can't squint hard enough to make this look like a tournament team. 

I hope Jalen Johnson starts. The rest is just waiting for 2018

On 6/27/2016 at 2:38 PM, Quality Is Job 1 said:

That's a riot!

He made some arguable points. You can make sense of them, but the likelihood is slim to none. He did his job though, it attracts attention. That's all the article is supposed to do.

Reminds me of Skip Bayless - says the most ridiculous things, but all publicity is good publicity.

I believe A10 Talk is doing one of these pieces for every team in the conference.  It shouldn't be viewed as anyone actually believing the team will make the tournament.  It is more of a way to preview the upcoming season for each team in a positive light.

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I believe A10 Talk is doing one of these pieces for every team in the conference.  It shouldn't be viewed as anyone actually believing the team will make the tournament.  It is more of a way to preview the upcoming season for each team in a positive light.

Exactly, there is also one about Fordham, so you get the idea... next year I don't really care much about overall record, just interested in individual development. Primarily interested to see if Johnson, Moore, Welmer and Neufeld are capable of contributing to a winning team when we get reinforcements the following year.

On 6/27/2016 at 6:49 PM, Old guy said:

The question here is how high can we climb from the bottom during next season. Again our team may have more talent than what was shown under Crew's coaching and the 3 freshmen may be able to contribute significantly. If this is the case we may not end at the very bottom or the next to the very bottom level.

On 6/27/2016 at 6:49 PM, Old guy said:

Moore and Johnson are freshmen - who is the third?

Cheeseman, the third "freshman" is Welmer who has yet to play his first competitive D1 game. We expected a lot from him last season but he was sidelined. He is, for all extents and purposes a "freshman" at least functionally and in terms of playing experience in D1. Verbal commits lists him as a freshman in their lists.

1 hour ago, Old guy said:

Cheeseman, the third "freshman" is Welmer who has yet to play his first competitive D1 game. We expected a lot from him last season but he was sidelined. He is, for all extents and purposes a "freshman" at least functionally and in terms of playing experience in D1. Verbal commits lists him as a freshman in their lists.

I fully expect EW to play like a sophomore. Even with the injury he's had plenty of time and experience playing with or against D1 kids. 

• 1 month later...