Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

It was tongue in cheek. I know 3 star is a Mizzou guy...

LOL, "Ours" in that sentence meant Missouri schools vs Bruce Weber. 

I'd prefer that Mizzou win between 18-22 games a year.  Enough winning to keep them from wanting to hire away our coach but not enough to be a more attractive option than SLU on the recruiting trail.

6 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

I heard we are talking to Dayton on a possible home and home next season.  If it happens, I called it first.

sarcasm aside, are we supposed to be good in the eyes of the the rest of the A10 so that they will be begging to schedule us instead of avoid us?

3 hours ago, Band Legend said:

Oh for Christ's sake, give it a rest.  It's OK if people don't share your hatred of all things mizzou. You can be a fan of both teams without being a traitor.  My sister graduated from slu, got her masters at mizzou, and now she works at Kansas.  She rooted for the Jayhawks during the tournament because  it was fun.  Everyone has a hierarchy of teams they root for-  I bleed BilliKen blue, and I mildly root for Missouri.  Does that make me a bad person?  I don't need the fan police coming after me because my heart is not pure enough.

Fuok Everything Mizzou 

10 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

A SLU mizzou game in Scottrade could happen in 2018 hopefully 

not really

8 hours ago, moytoy12 said:

Huh?

Since you quoted Glorydays I actually saw what he posted...and for once I actually agree with him. The A-10 has been  doing the selective cross-over games with natural rivals and comparable quality teams for some time now. Meaning they want the good teams facing each other multiple times if possible (mostly for tv purposes, but also for RPI benefits). If we are expected to be good next year, maybe that means we get home and homes with teams like VCU and RI instead of George Mason.

Prep Hoops has published its top 250 rankings for the 2019 class. Notable names:

4. Vernon Carey

9. James Wiseman

17. Francis Okoro

19. Marcedus Leech

27. Bryce Wills

34. Isaiah Stewart

43. Aundre Hyatt

47. Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd

55. Kofi Cockburn

61. E.J. Liddell

78. Terrence Hargrove

98. Mario McKinney

108. Malik Hall

This represents everyone on our offer list except Richard Springs, and it includes two other Bradley Beal Elite players we have not offered (yet), Wiseman and Okoro.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Sikeston's Kevin Jones is going to be good. Needs to work on his left hand and passing. The jump shot and speed are there.

I've certainly been intrigued since finding out about him this season. Couldn't hurt if he still grows a little bit, too.

6 minutes ago, almaman said:

wonder if W G will schedule any high profile  national opponents next year?

They will have a big area matchup site undetermined, possibly Vashon or an Eastside team.

Road trips to Springfield, New England, and possibly Florida in the works.  

They may play a regional match as well in Chicago, Memphis, or Arkansas.