Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

This is not McKinney's list of finalists. It's just a graphic showing the majority of his offers. Some guys do this with offers and interest together (which is a mess), and some do their finalists with a list of like 20, but say they're still open to new offers. Unless the graphic or tweet says "FINAL 14" or whatever, then don't read anything beyond a guy just flexing his ego a little bit.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those who are fans of Terrence Hargrove, he has some encouraging things to say about SLU (we definitely sound like the favorite from his comments).

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/terrence-hargrove-video-3/

Good video.  He definitely sounded high on SLU there and sounds like we are making him a priority.  

Much better than the Liddell video where SLU isn't mentioned.  Guess him and Mario have been talking about going to the same college together?  Florida offered Mario right after him for the package deal.

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/06/ej-liddell-video-7/

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those who are fans of Terrence Hargrove, he has some encouraging things to say about SLU (we definitely sound like the favorite from his comments).

Related:

Flyers is indeed an appropriate name for the front of his jersey.

17 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Encouraging, but it sounds like he wants to wait until the spring.  I think he wants to give KU every chance possible to offer.  

3 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Encouraging, but it sounds like he wants to wait until the spring.  I think he wants to give KU every chance possible to offer.  

Is he the one that said ku is like a dream school?

Man a class of Hargrove and Collins would be killer. Wouldn’t get the national attention but both of those guys are way underrated and would keep the local thing going 

EDIT: I wonder if Hargrove playing for the Beagles will be great for his actual development, but maybe not so great for his offers list? He's not getting to star for the Beagles. 

6 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

YURRIIIIII COME ON MAN

I would really like Yuri to commit so I can stop searching for his name every now and again on Twitter for news or updates and get stuck sifting through a bunch of tweets in Portuguese from the Yuri Collins in Brazil.  

31 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I would really like Yuri to commit so I can stop searching for his name every now and again on Twitter for news or updates and get stuck sifting through a bunch of tweets in Portuguese from the Yuri Collins in Brazil.  

I enjoyed this recent Tweet from Earl, and it reminded me that Collins loses a ton of seniors from St. Mary's, and that he's basically the man now. Much different dynamic there, so it should be interesting.

But yeah, regarding the Twitter search thing, it's always interesting to me to see how different the results are for different players. I hate when we offer a guy with a more common name because then I have to add more words to the search, like the HS name, AAU team, etc. So guys like Michael Christmas, Tony Johnson, and Chris Payton are tricky.

Then you have players with the same name as someone very active on Twitter or relatively famous. Joe Girard, for example, is also the name of a business inspirational speaker/writer, so when I'm looking for recruiting updates, I get a lot of the same inspirational quotes over and over.

Initials are difficult because "E.J." and "EJ" don't turn up the same results, so you have to search twice.

International players or guys with foreign-sounding names (like your example above) turn up a lot of weird stuff, so I have to do a lot of combinations for Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, get some odd stuff for Yuri Collins and Malik Hall, and have problems getting results for John Bol Ajak. Players from Latin countries also have more written about them from overseas than in the US, so Anderson Mirambeaux, Lester Quinones, and Max Lorca-Lloyd also have a lot of results in Spanish.

The other weird thing that happens is that certain players' names when taken apart might be the first and/or last names of adult film performers and I get some NSFW results occasionally. Like Yuri Collins might not be the name of one, but if you have one with the name Yuri in there doing a scene with someone with the name Collins, it can happen.

Best case scenario for me is a recruit with a truly unique name, like Kofi Cockburn (which, believe it or not, never turns up NSFW material). That way, I only get the most recent results for whatever's going on with that player and don't have to scroll through any other noise.

This is a truly weird process, what it takes to stay updated on recruiting stuff.

10 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I enjoyed this recent Tweet from Earl, and it reminded me that Collins loses a ton of seniors from St. Mary's, and that he's basically the man now. Much different dynamic there, so it should be interesting.

But yeah, regarding the Twitter search thing, it's always interesting to me to see how different the results are for different players. I hate when we offer a guy with a more common name because then I have to add more words to the search, like the HS name, AAU team, etc. So guys like Michael Christmas, Tony Johnson, and Chris Payton are tricky.

Then you have players with the same name as someone very active on Twitter or relatively famous. Joe Girard, for example, is also the name of a business inspirational speaker/writer, so when I'm looking for recruiting updates, I get a lot of the same inspirational quotes over and over.

Initials are difficult because "E.J." and "EJ" don't turn up the same results, so you have to search twice.

International players or guys with foreign-sounding names (like your example above) turn up a lot of weird stuff, so I have to do a lot of combinations for Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, get some odd stuff for Yuri Collins and Malik Hall, and have problems getting results for John Bol Ajak. Players from Latin countries also have more written about them from overseas than in the US, so Anderson Mirambeaux, Lester Quinones, and Max Lorca-Lloyd also have a lot of results in Spanish.

The other weird thing that happens is that certain players' names when taken apart might be the first and/or last names of adult film performers and I get some NSFW results occasionally. Like Yuri Collins might not be the name of one, but if you have one with the name Yuri in there doing a scene with someone with the name Collins, it can happen.

Best case scenario for me is a recruit with a truly unique name, like Kofi Cockburn (which, believe it or not, never turns up NSFW material). That way, I only get the most recent results for whatever's going on with that player and don't have to scroll through any other noise.

This is a truly weird process, what it takes to stay updated on recruiting stuff.

We never had these issues with Justyn Mutts.

Pistol and CBFan like this

14 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

We never had these issues with Justyn Mutts.

This is true. 100% of the results for a search of "justyn mutts" are indeed about the basketball player Justyn Mutts.

I wish him all the best at Delaware.

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-I thought it was reported Yuri was going to BWest to play with EJ Liddell, guessing that was not accurate

Just now, Cowboy said:

-I thought it was reported Yuri was going to BWest to play with EJ Liddell, guessing that was not accurate

It's been rumored, but I've also heard that it's not going to happen. So until and unless there is news that it's official, I'm operating under the assumption that he'll finish up at Southside Catholic.

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

i believe it was talked about but apparently mom couldnt find a place to move to in West Belleville.   so i think it is no longer an option.  

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It's been rumored, but I've also heard that it's not going to happen. So until and unless there is news that it's official, I'm operating under the assumption that he'll finish up at Southside Catholic.

I still need a Southside Catholic BBall jersey. 

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Really appreciate all your hard work, Pistol!

https://247sports.com/Article/NBPA-Who-stood-out-during-the-opening-day-of-camp-119041548/

as you can see, we are listed as a recruiting contender for liddell.

8 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

https://247sports.com/Article/NBPA-Who-stood-out-during-the-opening-day-of-camp-119041548/

as you can see, we are listed as a recruiting contender for liddell.

Great find, Roy! I was getting nervous as this Eric Bossi article from today makes it sound like its a fight between Ohio State, Illinois, K-State and Mizzou. No mention of SLU

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-top-50-e-j-liddell-talks-recruiting 

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Great find, Roy! I was getting nervous as this Eric Bossi article from today makes it sound like its a fight between Ohio State, Illinois, K-State and Mizzou. No mention of SLU

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/nbpa-top-100-top-50-e-j-liddell-talks-recruiting 

Might be a great time for another update from @TheOne if he has one. I'm also curios if Collins has had his visit to SLU yet and where things stand with Hargrove. I'd love to get any/all three of those guys.