Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Billiken4life5 said:

SLU isn't hosting a team camp it doesn't look like but the Nike Elite 100 is still on SLU's campus.  Several locals received invites last week including Caleb Love and Cameron Fletcher 

That's correct. Jordan Nesbitt was the other local invite. The event will be held on SLU's campus from June 7-10.

These are all 2020 kids, though, so it doesn't apply to any of the guys in this thread.

Jordan Dingle - SG, 6-3, 185 - Valley Stream, NY (Blair Academy, NJ) - Twitter: @Jdingle25

Offers: SLU.

Interest: UMass, San Diego, Brown, Manhattan.

Latest News: Dingle received an offer from SLU, his first. (5/23/18)

Scouting Report: Dingle is a tough guard who can stretch the floor and make plays for his teammates. He's got a smooth stroke and range, and uses his strong frame and athleticism to make explosive plays at the rim. He's been a big scorer for his NY Lightning AAU team on the Nike EYBL circuit so far, and was named first team all-state in the prep category in NJ as a junior, but the offers haven't come in for him yet. He was originally a 2018 player from Woodmere HS on Long Island, but transferred to Blair before last season and reclassified to 2019. He is the son of former UMass player Dana Dingle.

-So he's a late bloomer. He's got a good frame with length and strength, not a lot of quickness but is a solid athlete. He can shoot it and finish at the rim. Good passer. Rebounds his position well. AAU stats aren't perfect, but on D1 Circuit, they're saying he's averaging 12.9 PPG, shooting .450 from the field, .426 from 3, and .765 from the line. Dashawn Davis - who SLU recently offered - is leading the NY Lightning with 15.3 PPG, but they spread it out among the top four; Posh Alexander averages 12.8 and Alejandro Vasquez chips in 10.6. He plays his HS ball at Blair Academy, and SLU is no stranger to that program (Brett Jolly, Anthony Mack, Junub Char Chuol, and others). His dad (Dana) and uncle (Daniel) were NYC high school basketball stars for St. Raymond's and his dad went to UMass. He's an excellent student, hard worker. SLU is definitely getting in on the ground level here and I imagine he has other offers coming if he keeps playing well this spring and summer, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

44 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Jordan Dingle - SG, 6-3, 185 - Valley Stream, NY (Blair Academy, NJ) - Twitter: @Jdingle25

Offers: SLU.

Interest: UMass, San Diego, Brown, Manhattan.

Latest News: Dingle received an offer from SLU, his first. (5/23/18)

Scouting Report: Dingle is a tough guard who can stretch the floor and make plays for his teammates. He's got a smooth stroke and range, and uses his strong frame and athleticism to make explosive plays at the rim. He's been a big scorer for his NY Lightning AAU team on the Nike EYBL circuit so far, and was named first team all-state in the prep category in NJ as a junior, but the offers haven't come in for him yet. He was originally a 2018 player from Woodmere HS on Long Island, but transferred to Blair before last season and reclassified to 2019. He is the son of former UMass player Dana Dingle.

-So he's a late bloomer. He's got a good frame with length and strength, not a lot of quickness but is a solid athlete. He can shoot it and finish at the rim. Good passer. Rebounds his position well. AAU stats aren't perfect, but on D1 Circuit, they're saying he's averaging 12.9 PPG, shooting .450 from the field, .426 from 3, and .765 from the line. Dashawn Davis - who SLU recently offered - is leading the NY Lightning with 15.3 PPG, but they spread it out among the top four; Posh Alexander averages 12.8 and Alejandro Vasquez chips in 10.6. He plays his HS ball at Blair Academy, and SLU is no stranger to that program (Brett Jolly, Anthony Mack, Junub Char Chuol, and others). His dad (Dana) and uncle (Daniel) were NYC high school basketball stars for St. Raymond's and his dad went to UMass. He's an excellent student, hard worker. SLU is definitely getting in on the ground level here and I imagine he has other offers coming if he keeps playing well this spring and summer, so it'll be interesting to see how he develops.

-if he can make 3's, bring him on although Pistol does the kid no favors by mentioning one of the other players from his school

40 minutes ago, kwyjibo said:

This is the stats through 3 sessions at EYBL(May 19th).   SLU recruit Tyler Bertram (discussed on page 59) is third  (I do not see Dingle but it may be a different grouping). 

So using D1 Circuit or the NY Lightning's site, Dingle would be 9th on this list.

15 minutes ago, Pistol said:

So using D1 Circuit or the NY Lightning's site, Dingle would be 9th on this list.

Thank you for the summary of Dingle.

Off topic, do you think 2018 is done and has coached Ford moved on to using the two scholarships for 2019.

9 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Thank you for the summary of Dingle.

Off topic, do you think 2018 is done and has coached Ford moved on to using the two scholarships for 2019.

We have two scholarships to give. No one has a redshirt sit year, so if everyone's healthy, we have 11 active scholarship players distributed like this:

SR: Bess, Foreman

JR: Santos

SO: Goodwin, French, Welmer

FR: Gordon, Pearson, Thatch, Jacobs, Gudmundsson

I think Ford has said recently that he will take the right grad transfer if available, but is otherwise done for this season.

Personally, I would love to add a guard who can handle it and shoot it, and who would be a junior or senior. Especially after Johnson's departure, we're not a strong perimeter shooting team. If someone gets hurt (or if Welmer never gets back to 100%), we also have some depth risk.

CBFan likes this

16 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We have two scholarships to give. No one has a redshirt sit year, so if everyone's healthy, we have 11 active scholarship players distributed like this:

SR: Bess, Foreman

JR: Santos

SO: Goodwin, French, Welmer

FR: Gordon, Pearson, Thatch, Jacobs, Gudmundsson

I think Ford has said recently that he will take the right grad transfer if available, but is otherwise done for this season.

Personally, I would love to add a guard who can handle it and shoot it, and who would be a junior or senior. Especially after Johnson's departure, we're not a strong perimeter shooting team. If someone gets hurt (or if Welmer never gets back to 100%), we also have some depth risk.

i now believe that ford likely believes thatch, jacobs and gudmundsson can handle goodwin downtime.   as to shooting, ford must be confident that pearson and gudmundsson will cover that concern as well.  

since we have only two departing seniors, i do like the thought of still having two more spots to recruit to.   plus from a depth standpoint, we are coming off a year we were more or less playing with 7 bodies last year.   ford must be thrilled we will have 11 for next year

If the team is going into the season with 11 players, chastity belts need to be mandatory until about March 30th. 

Seriously though, rolling with 11 is a dangerous idea. Besides administration meddling in basketball affairs, an injury or two could torpedo what could be a strong season. The team last year was pretty lucky on the injury front especially after the situation news came final. I would think that SLU as a basketball program would be an appealing choice for a grad transfer like Anthony again this season, but who knows what kind of effect the latest situation has had on recruiting. 

almaman likes this

24 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

If the team is going into the season with 11 players, chastity belts need to be mandatory until about March 30th. 

Seriously though, rolling with 11 is a dangerous idea. Besides administration meddling in basketball affairs, an injury or two could torpedo what could be a strong season. The team last year was pretty lucky on the injury front especially after the situation news came final. I would think that SLU as a basketball program would be an appealing choice for a grad transfer like Anthony again this season, but who knows what kind of effect the latest situation has had on recruiting. 

11 is terrible. The roster needs to be filled out. 

I suspect Ford will still take a traditional transfer (or two) that would be a junior in the 2019-20 season. He would go nicely with Goodwin and French to round out the class (I don't really think Whelmer has 3 more years in him).

I don't think I've seen this here yet so figured I'd share:

Summary: Not a whole lot of information - she doesn't press for school names like some others do - but Collins mentions that he considers himself a pass-first point guard and a coach on the floor. He's one of the EYBL's assist leaders. He says Liddell is his favorite guy to play with and that they've been playing together since they were 15. He said more offers and calls are coming in, but SLU is the only one he calls by name, saying it was his first offer last year and "that was big". He said his parents and coaches and a few others will help him make his decision, that he just wants to lay all his offers out on the table and see who really wants him.

He also says that he has to put his left sock on first, that if he puts his right sock on first he knows he'll have a bad game. It's his only pregame ritual/superstition.

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I don't think I've seen this here yet so figured I'd share:

Summary: Not a whole lot of information - she doesn't press for school names like some others do - but Collins mentions that he considers himself a pass-first point guard and a coach on the floor. He's one of the EYBL's assist leaders. He says Liddell is his favorite guy to play with and that they've been playing together since they were 15. He said more offers and calls are coming in, but SLU is the only one he calls by name, saying it was his first offer last year and "that was big". He said his parents and coaches and a few others will help him make his decision, that he just wants to lay all his offers out on the table and see who really wants him.

He also says that he has to put his left sock on first, that if he puts his right sock on first he knows he'll have a bad game. It's his only pregame ritual/superstition.

I think this had been posted before but thanks for summary @Pistol. Really just posting to say Yuri is without a doubt someone who is going to “out perform” his rankings and I think he would be a great addition to the Billikens. Assuming you surround him with bigs (✔️) and at least one or two shooters (❌) he can be the perfect distributor. 

34 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I think this had been posted before but thanks for summary @Pistol. Really just posting to say Yuri is without a doubt someone who is going to “out perform” his rankings and I think he would be a great addition to the Billikens. Assuming you surround him with bigs (✔️) and at least one or two shooters (❌) he can be the perfect distributor. 

Speaking of rankings, 247sports (f.k.a. Scout) released updated 2019 rankings. Collins made his first appearance on the list at #213. I have updated rankings for every 2019 player in the Recruiting Lists thread.

And speaking of bigs to surround him with, Liddell dropped considerably in those rankings. It's interesting to look at the differences between some of the services.

8 minutes ago, cgeldmacher said:

I thought the name of the AAU team was officially changed to Bradley Beal Elite.  The shirt Yuri is wearing in this video says St. Louis Eagles Basketball Club.  Which is it?

It's the St. Louis Eagles Basketball Club of Bradley Beal Elite Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim.