Jump to content
Billikens.com Message Board
Pistol

Recruiting - 2019

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I think a lot of the speculation on this board so far has been fairly accurate. I can't say any names with 100% certainty.

So you're telling me Tilmon is locked in after Groce gets the can? Or it's 50-50. Hehe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

So you're telling me Tilmon is locked in after Groce gets the can? Or it's 50-50. Hehe

Ha. No way I'm speculating on incoming players; outgoing, we've been kicking around the same few names for months now. I'd bet the farm on one more outgoing transfer, and would expect to see another one or two on top of that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Ha. No way I'm speculating on incoming players; outgoing, we've been kicking around the same few names for months now. I'd bet the farm on one more outgoing transfer, and would expect to see another one or two on top of that.

-wow, you are very confident, this will be interesting and to see how the staff fills it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

 

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, abas115 said:

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

 

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

I'm guessing Leech is not like the guy you played with at the Rec

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, abas115 said:

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

 

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

You should tell that at parties 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, abas115 said:

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

 

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

Leech is averaging 4 assist per game.  He isn't exactly a guy that always shoots when he has the ball.

 

I have seen his body and his defense question in this thread, too.  First, he is 15 years old and his body will fill out some from just naturally maturing.  Second, you can teach people how to play defense.  You can't teach people the natural skills Leech has.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Leech's passing is fine. He's just allergic to rebounding and defense. But when you have the offensive and athletic tools he has, you're going to be given every opportunity to improve your weak areas. I just don't think it will be in high school. He's not being held accountable at Poplar Bluff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Leech's passing is fine. He's just allergic to rebounding and defense. But when you have the offensive and athletic tools he has, you're going to be given every opportunity to improve your weak areas. I just don't think it will be in high school. He's not being held accountable at Poplar Bluff.

That's really not uncommon for good high school players. Leech will be more than fine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think we still need to try get in on Leech's BBE teammate Francis Okoro.  Wiseman might be too much of stretch, but I have faith this staff could make Okoro a real possiblitiy.  I think many think he was probably leaning Illini, but everything with the Illini will be up in the air when Groce gets canned.  Plus, it doesn't require much extra effort to go after Okoro.  They will already be following BBE constantly in their pursuit of Leech.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, For-DaLove said:

That's really not uncommon for good high school players. Leech will be more than fine.

Sometimes its under coaches orders to ease up for some players who might play the entire game in High School if the competition isn't the toughest and they are tremendous scorers 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Sometimes its under coaches orders to ease up for some players who might play the entire game in High School if the competition isn't the toughest and they are tremendous scorers 

I highly doubt a coach doing this lasts for very long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I highly doubt a coach doing this lasts for very long.

Well actually it kind of makes sense. Sometimes in some leagues or conferences you have a player that can run the court and carry the team on his back. The coach has him play almost the entire game, has him ease on defense and not be as aggressive in order to avoid fouling out, which could change the tide of the game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, abas115 said:

I played basketball with a guy at the student rec center yesterday who in 4 games touched the ball on every possession but one and passed the ball a total of ONE time. He was super talented, but that only goes so far.

 

ML reminds me of that guy. Hope he can develop the weak areas of his game ie passing, teamwork, defense....

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Abas Just isn't a basketball guy

but he plays at the rec? erryday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Littlebill said:

LOL

Hell, I thought he was talking about me until he said super talented. Plus he never mentioned old and fat. However, the rest of his description fits

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Glorydays2013 said:

Well actually it kind of makes sense. Sometimes in some leagues or conferences you have a player that can run the court and carry the team on his back. The coach has him play almost the entire game, has him ease on defense and not be as aggressive in order to avoid fouling out, which could change the tide of the game

No. It doesn't. Not if a coach is any good and expects to stay around long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

Abas Just isn't a basketball guy

I saw you play in San Jose back in the day - stop talking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/8/2017 at 10:04 AM, abas115 said:

I saw you play in San Jose back in the day - stop talking.

I bet neither of you can dunk over a trash can

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Littlebill said:

I bet neither of you can dunk over a trash can

I only know of one man who can do that...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I bet neither of you can dunk over a trash can

 

4 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I only know of one man who can do that...

 

I can do a nice finger roll after jumping to the side of a trash can 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I only know of one man who can do that...

 

+1 Thanks I was hoping someone would post it

 

I'm just glad my two favorite billikens.com videos have been posted this week. The Bonnies robot vid and this one. Can you say #blest?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mckinney got an offer from Duquesne tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...