Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In other 2019 recruiting news:

-Myles Baker received an offer from DePaul.

-Robert Carpenter's season ended as Mt. Zion lost to Massanutten Military Academy at the National Prep Championship playoffs. He retweeted Jimmy Bell's commitment tweet; that's his last tweet.

-Jason Jitoboh went out to Tennessee again and plans to visit Florida soon. He asked for an edit, so he is presumably putting his finalist graphic together and they are thought to be Tennessee, Florida, and UCF.

-Anderson Mirambeaux received an offer from Manhattan. Teays Valley Christian just lost in the National Prep Championship playoffs, so their season is over.

-Michael Moreno appears to be near full strength again. He led Scott County to a Region 11 title and they'll play Covington Catholic in the KY Sweet Sixteen tomorrow.

-Kasean Pryor's season is also over after Pioneer lost to Saline in districts.

-Antonio Reeves and Simeon face Marian tonight in the sectional semifinals at Eisenhower HS.

Now that seasons are starting to wrap up, look for guys to start getting serious about listing finalists, taking visits, and committing.

TheDude likes this

11 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Thst escalated quickly 

Do you think when Julius and his siblings took off to play as kids their dad would say he lost his Marbles?

Would love to get a Carpenter, Jitoboh, or Jankovic verbal commitment in the next few weeks! 

It's crazy to think these 2019 recruits will be on campus in just a few months....

random thoughts over

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

In other 2019 recruiting news:

-Myles Baker received an offer from DePaul.

-Robert Carpenter's season ended as Mt. Zion lost to Massanutten Military Academy at the National Prep Championship playoffs. He retweeted Jimmy Bell's commitment tweet; that's his last tweet.

-Jason Jitoboh went out to Tennessee again and plans to visit Florida soon. He asked for an edit, so he is presumably putting his finalist graphic together and they are thought to be Tennessee, Florida, and UCF.

-Anderson Mirambeaux received an offer from Manhattan. Teays Valley Christian just lost in the National Prep Championship playoffs, so their season is over.

-Michael Moreno appears to be near full strength again. He led Scott County to a Region 11 title and they'll play Covington Catholic in the KY Sweet Sixteen tomorrow.

-Kasean Pryor's season is also over after Pioneer lost to Saline in districts.

-Antonio Reeves and Simeon face Marian tonight in the sectional semifinals at Eisenhower HS.

Now that seasons are starting to wrap up, look for guys to start getting serious about listing finalists, taking visits, and committing.

Jason Jitoboh was one of the 12 players who visited UT this past weekend. One player who did not visit was 2020 Walker Kessler 7' 5 Star. He did tell UT that he plans to make an official visit and the fans are hoping he will commit to UT.

5 hours ago, Schasz said:

Jason Jitoboh was one of the 12 players who visited UT this past weekend. One player who did not visit was 2020 Walker Kessler 7' 5 Star. He did tell UT that he plans to make an official visit and the fans are hoping he will commit to UT.

He tweeted out his final three tonight - exactly who Pistol said

14 hours ago, Clocktoweraccords2004 said:

Anyone else not want 6+ freshmen? I would rather a GT and a sit one transfer that could maybe get a waiver. 

Also how Illinois is still getting recruits like those is suspect 

I understand your feelings towards the GT route and breaking up the class and that GT’s come in and can make a difference like what Isabell is doing down the stretch.

i still will would rather have Carpenter and Jankovic to finish up the recruitment figuring someone will transfer.

Marble really blew up and has is down to 3 big 10 schools and it is strange that Illinois’s is in the running I’ll go with with the suspect theory.

32 minutes ago, CBFan said:

I understand your feelings towards the GT route and breaking up the class and that GT’s come in and can make a difference like what Isabell is doing down the stretch.

i still will would rather have Carpenter and Jankovic to finish up the recruitment figuring someone will transfer.

Marble really blew up and has is down to 3 big 10 schools and it is strange that Illinois’s is in the running I’ll go with with the suspect theory.

Love what Isabell did last night and commend him on what he's done the last 7 games but here's the problem.  Just when he's hitting his stride, it's about time for him to leave.  Meanwhile, some freshmen who were not as good as Thatch 3 months ago have now surpassed him because they have been playing 30 min a game.  And those kids are back next year to lead their teams.  We're not even sure what level of offense to expect from Fred next year. 

I understand why Coach Ford was forced to bring in grad transfers but now that he's brought the Billikens back to respectability, I'd prefer he minimize his use of them in the future.  

31 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Love what Isabell did last night and commend him on what he's done the last 7 games but here's the problem.  Just when he's hitting his stride, it's about time for him to leave.  Meanwhile, some freshmen who were not as good as Thatch 3 months ago have now surpassed him because they have been playing 30 min a game.  And those kids are back next year to lead their teams.  We're not even sure what level of offense to expect from Fred next year. 

I understand why Coach Ford was forced to bring in grad transfers but now that he's brought the Billikens back to respectability, I'd prefer he minimize his use of them in the future.  

I understand what you’re saying, but don’t agree with the notion that Thatch’s development has been significantly slowed. In conference play Thatch has averaged 21 mpg, including closing out many games.

40 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Disagree. Game time is certainly an important component but practice time is far more important.  Pratice w zero game minutes hinders development, but if NH is correct with his 21 minutes per game figure, are you suggesting that players who play 30 minutes per game develop more than those who play 21 minutes per game?

14 minutes ago, NH said:

I understand what you’re saying, but don’t agree with the notion that Thatch’s development has been significantly slowed. In conference play Thatch has averaged 21 mpg, including closing out many games.

There's a difference between starting at shooting guard and coming in off the bench to be a defensive stopper and averaging 4 shots a game.

9 hours ago, Littlebill said:

He tweeted out his final three tonight - exactly who Pistol said

First there were four, then there were none, and now there are three:

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

First there were four, then there were none, and now there are three:

dead

Based on his videos - which I know don't always tell the whole story - I can't believe this guy is a TN level recruit. At nearly 7-ft, I don't recall ever seeing the kid dunk. It looked like he could jump about an inch off the ground. Comparing the videos, Bell actually looked like the better athlete - although he certainly doesn't look exceptional in that department either.  The videos don't tell the whole story and I'm sure there's a reason Jitoolboh is a much higher rated recruit, but I just don't see it.

billiken_roy likes this

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

There's a difference between starting at shooting guard and coming in off the bench to be a defensive stopper and averaging 4 shots a game.

Not all kids develop, and develop properly, if thrown in and told to sink or swim.  Maybe, as good as Fred is, was simply not ready to be a starting 2 guard for us from the beginning of the season. Maybe Fred will be a better player because of Isabell taking the minutes and pressure. I am not concerned about Fred’s development and will point out that there are undoubtedly a number of other players  at other schools who have been given far less opportunity than Fred in their first year of college and they will turn out just fine too.

Quality Is Job 1 likes this