Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:
It appears Jitoboh won’t sign early based on this tweet (didn’t read the premium story). 

Not great for us because I'd rather have him sign now.  However, I don't think this necessarily means we're out (like it would have in the past with a guy waiting on a perceived better offer from a bigger name school).  If we have a good season and Yuri keeps working on him I'm hopeful we could land Jitoboh in the spring.

The best thing we can hope for with some of these kids is to make a run in the dance. Then it shows they don't have to play for a P5 to make some noise. Anyone know if Porter's capitalized in recruiting from his run last year. Dance runs have definitely helped Zaga, WSU, VCU, and Butler. 

On 11/17/2018 at 9:32 AM, HoosierPal said:

-I love this on Yuri..."He has an unbelievable understanding and feel for the game, and he is great at making other people around him better. Yuri has explosive speed, is a great ball-handler and has exceptional vision. 

-I love this on Hargrove...Terrence can really put the ball on the floor and use his athleticism, but he can also shoot it with great form. Above everything, his versatility and athleticism is what really separates him from other players

-I love this on Jimerson...A lot of people talk about how well he shoots it, but he can score in a variety of ways as opposed to just from the 3-point line. He has a really good shot-fake, pull-up jumper, he can score off-balance, and he can come off of screens and score. He has an innate ability to put the ball in the hole.

-Be a Billiken!

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-I love this on Yuri..."He has an unbelievable understanding and feel for the game, and he is great at making other people around him better. Yuri has explosive speed, is a great ball-handler and has exceptional vision. 

-I love this on Hargrove...Terrence can really put the ball on the floor and use his athleticism, but he can also shoot it with great form. Above everything, his versatility and athleticism is what really separates him from other players

-I love this on Jimerson...A lot of people talk about how well he shoots it, but he can score in a variety of ways as opposed to just from the 3-point line. He has a really good shot-fake, pull-up jumper, he can score off-balance, and he can come off of screens and score. He has an innate ability to put the ball in the hole.

-Be a Billiken!

Out of reaction points so +1

This is the only highlight video I see so far. It’s from his MCA day’s a few seasons ago. He seems active and athletic. But he’s still about the size of Hankton or Hargrove on paper, so I don’t understand yet from a roster fit standpoint. We need a big or two.

Is he blowing up right now, @Coach314 or anyone else who might know? I’m not seeing much on Twitter. 

11 minutes ago, Pistol said:

This is the only highlight video I see so far. It’s from his MCA day’s a few seasons ago. He seems active and athletic. But he’s still about the size of Hankton or Hargrove on paper, so I don’t understand yet from a roster fit standpoint. We need a big or two.

Is he blowing up right now, @Coach314 or anyone else who might know? I’m not seeing much on Twitter. 

If his Juco stats are correct he is a shooter. 20 points a game and high percentages 60% fg, 43% three point, 82% freethrow, and 7 rebounds last year.

9 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I just got off the phone with him and his mom.  (Forgot I had their number lol).  He's a good kid.  I have known him since 4th grade.  He said he signed yesterday.  He said he was recruited by Ford and Tate.  They told him there would be an opportunity for time next year with Bess leaving.  Imo he's a SF.  Not a pure shooter but he can score the ball.  Athletic slasher...but not the high riser that Hargrove is.  Hargrove is more physical on defense as well.  Not sure of the fit with Jimerson coming.  He said he had 33pts last night.  They have a home game Monday at 7.

Lol @Coach314if you just broke this news I’m sorry for busting you