Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

1 hour ago, gobillsgo said:

Gonna play with 8 dudes again, TRavs?

we have at least four scholarships open next year.   We need to start filling them. Can’t take just anybody but we can’t be so picky that we get left with nothing. Hopefully Yuri is #1. 

I guess I haven’t been on the Yuri train. Is he that good? 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

49 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those who have seen him play or know, do you think Hargrove (ESL) has an offer he could commit to? Seems like a bit of a fringe player to me.

I believe we would be excited to get Hargrove. 

8 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

For those who have seen him play or know, do you think Hargrove (ESL) has an offer he could commit to? Seems like a bit of a fringe player to me.

it is my opinion hargrove would be the second best freshman this coming season if he was in this class.   hargrove is a player.  

11 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Someone on the staff has a NC connection 

Team Loaded itself has to be the connection, more specifically than NC. We've offered Michael Christmas, Josh Nickelberry (Louisville commit), Mark Williams, Armando Bacot (SLU not among finalists), and now Justin McKoy.

Justin McKoy - SF, 6-8, 225 - Cary, NC (Panther Creek) - Twitter: @justintmckoy

Offers: SLU, George Mason, K-State, Florida International, Charleston, Elon, Campbell, Appalachian State, Wofford, UNC-Greensboro, Hampton, McNeese State.

Interest: Davidson, Richmond, Butler, NC State, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Charlotte, New Hampshire, Liberty.

Latest News: McKoy received an offer from SLU. (6/19/18)

Scouting Report: McKoy is a versatile, athletic forward with a long, strong frame. He's a defensive presence with the ability to alter and block shots. He can guard multiple positions. He runs the floor well and has a lot of athleticism. He finishes with either hand and can also step out and shoot, either off the catch or spotting up. He's an efficient scorer on all three levels. He's got an excellent basketball IQ and feel for the game, one step ahead of the defense when they show a double team.

-I like this one a lot. McKoy has a really complete game and can play/guard multiple positions. He's a really good shooter; he shot over 50% from 3 as a sophomore (averaging 20+ and 10+) and I can't find his junior year percentage (he was at 46% halfway through the season) but he averaged 21 and 9. Really smart player, ton of versatility. He has a lot of ACC attention but no ACC offers yet. K-State is the only high-level program who was ahead of the game with an offer here.

42 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Team Loaded itself has to be the connection, more specifically than NC. We've offered Michael Christmas, Josh Nickelberry (Louisville commit), Mark Williams, Armando Bacot (SLU not among finalists), and now Justin McKoy.

Justin McKoy - SF, 6-8, 225 - Cary, NC (Panther Creek) - Twitter: @justintmckoy

Offers: SLU, George Mason, K-State, Florida International, Charleston, Elon, Campbell, Appalachian State, Wofford, UNC-Greensboro, Hampton, McNeese State.

Interest: Davidson, Richmond, Butler, NC State, Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Charlotte, New Hampshire, Liberty.

Latest News: McKoy received an offer from SLU. (6/19/18)

Scouting Report: McKoy is a versatile, athletic forward with a long, strong frame. He's a defensive presence with the ability to alter and block shots. He can guard multiple positions. He runs the floor well and has a lot of athleticism. He finishes with either hand and can also step out and shoot, either off the catch or spotting up. He's an efficient scorer on all three levels. He's got an excellent basketball IQ and feel for the game, one step ahead of the defense when they show a double team.

-I like this one a lot. McKoy has a really complete game and can play/guard multiple positions. He's a really good shooter; he shot over 50% from 3 as a sophomore (averaging 20+ and 10+) and I can't find his junior year percentage (he was at 46% halfway through the season) but he averaged 21 and 9. Really smart player, ton of versatility. He has a lot of ACC attention but no ACC offers yet. K-State is the only high-level program who was ahead of the game with an offer here.

Was thinking Chico Carter too 

EDIT: he's south carolina. Maps are hard. 

16 hours ago, Pistol said:

Chico Carter, Jr. - PG, 6-3, 185 - Columbia, SC (Cardinal Newman) - Twitter: @ccarterjr3

Offers: SLU, Youngstown State, Charleston, High Point, Hampton.

Interest: VCU, UMass, George Mason, Iowa State, South Carolina, Wichita State, South Florida, Middle Tennessee.

Latest News: Carter received an offer from SLU. (6/19/18)

Scouting Report: Carter is a tough, energetic, high-scoring point guard. He loves to play defense and is relentless on that end. He gets to the basket and finishes through contact but can also shoot it. He's a patient facilitator, unselfish, smart, and willing to do whatever it takes to help his team. Good leader and intense competitor.

-Everything I find on this kid talks about his toughness. He seems like he would really fit the composition of our current roster - physical, tough, unselfish, and a strong leader. He's definitely flown way under the radar but has started to open some eyes this year with his play for Team Charlotte on the UA Association circuit. South Carolina is his local program and he's been on campus and knows and likes Martin's staff, but they have yet to offer and I think he's still pretty wide open.

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

Chico Carter, Jr. - PG, 6-3, 185 - Columbia, SC (Cardinal Newman) - Twitter: @ccarterjr3

Interest: VCU, UMass, George Mason, Iowa State, South Carolina, Wichita State, South Florida, Middle Tennessee.

Scouting Report: Carter is a tough, energetic, high-scoring point guard. He loves to play defense and is relentless on that end. He gets to the basket and finishes through contact but can also shoot it. He's a patient facilitator, unselfish, smart, and willing to do whatever it takes to help his team. Good leader and intense competitor.

-Everything I find on this kid talks about his toughness. He seems like he would really fit the composition of our current roster - physical, tough, unselfish, and a strong leader. He's definitely flown way under the radar but has started to open some eyes this year with his play for Team Charlotte on the UA Association circuit. South Carolina is his local program and he's been on campus and knows and likes Martin's staff, but they have yet to offer and I think he's still pretty wide open.

8 hours ago, Pistol said:

Love the description of this kid.....

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Metro East guys a big fan of the Abe Lincoln Museum?

1 minute ago, dlarry said:

Metro East guys a big fan of the Abe Lincoln Museum?

yep and the capital and horseshoe sandwiches. All I meant was MU hour closer for family to come see. 7 pm one would need extra 2 hours round trip. That adds up.

17 minutes ago, almaman said:

yep and the capital and horseshoe sandwiches. All I meant was MU hour closer for family to come see. 7 pm one would need extra 2 hours round trip. That adds up.

I think we can all agree that horseshoe sandwiches are awesome. 

It makes sense. I was just kidding around.

21 minutes ago, dlarry said:

I think we can all agree that horseshoe sandwiches are awesome. 

It makes sense. I was just kidding around.

o i know.  as a regular day tripper adding 2 hours round trip big deal breaker. I love floating on all Missouri rivers but going to Ozarks Outdoors 75 minutes from 270 and 44 whereas buzzing down to hard to beat Jacks Fork at least twice that.

HorseShoe Sandwich never really broke out of that little area it seems. I don't get out much but amazed that there is now a nationwide use of term "St Louisstyle BBQ. Maybe there are places out there serving Springfield Style Sandwiches.  

32 minutes ago, almaman said:

o i know.  as a regular day tripper adding 2 hours round trip big deal breaker. I love floating on all Missouri rivers but going to Ozarks Outdoors 75 minutes from 270 and 44 whereas buzzing down to hard to beat Jacks Fork at least twice that.

HorseShoe Sandwich never really broke out of that little area it seems. I don't get out much but amazed that there is now a nationwide use of term "St Louisstyle BBQ. Maybe there are places out there serving Springfield Style Sandwiches.  

I'm with ya on the float tripping. 

I love going to Van Buren and especially the Big Piney and Little Piney but I find myself going to Meramec Caverns a lot because it's a 40 minute drive.

If I want to do some serious fishing I'll suck it up and head to the Big Piney but for just a casual canoe trip I head to Meramec Caverns or a new outfitter I recently found in Eureka.  That one is a 30 minute drive and an empty river.

6 hours ago, dlarry said:

I love going to Van Buren and especially the Big Piney and Little Piney but I find myself going to Meramec Caverns a lot because it's a 40 minute drive.

If I want to do some serious fishing I'll suck it up and head to the Big Piney but for just a casual canoe trip I head to Meramec Caverns or a new outfitter I recently found in Eureka.  That one is a 30 minute drive and an empty river.

Is it that place @ Big Meramec Two Rivers or some name like that?

11 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Hmmm. I only have Dingle with 4 offers - SLU, Penn, Holy Cross, and BU - but another tweet from his coach makes it seem like Dartmouth and Princeton have also offered. So it's either 4 or 6. I'll leave it at 4 until I can confirm.

Regardless, SLU was first and his recruitment has swelled quickly since then. His quote after the SLU offer was that some schools have been on the fence and now that he got this offer, he thinks they'll see he deserves one.

12 hours ago, dlarry said:

Sorry to be off topic but I have to reply to this being a fisherman, the best river in the state is the Big Piney for smallmouths shaped like big footballs, I love that river.

On topic Ford and staff have many East Coast offers out there now and I wonder how serious the young people offered would consider SLU.

SLU has had some East coast kids lately with Bishop, French and DJ.

It will be interesting in the future if SLU is an annual landing spot for some of the East coast kids as long as Van Macon remains at SLU.