Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, TheChosenOne said:

Has anyone heard anything about Marcedus Leech?

I just did a 2019 refresh yesterday (and will probably need to do another Friday or Monday, because things are moving fast right now with all the home visits), and there's just nothing out there on him. I don't know what he's doing this spring/summer in terms of AAU, and there's some question about where he'll be attending HS in the fall. He's a ghost right now, at least online.

17 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Travis Ford at Vashon today recruiting. Guessing more likely for 2020 kids but was too lazy to find that thread. 

Could he be there to see McKinney? Cam'Ron Fletcher foe 2020 as well

17 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Travis Ford at Vashon today recruiting. Guessing more likely for 2020 kids but was too lazy to find that thread. 

Could he be there to see McKinney? Cam'Ron Fletcher for 2020 as well

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/20978604?subseason=483962&referrer=3925537 

Yuri played 25 minutes last night. 7 points, 4 boards, 4 Assists, 1 TO. 

Interesting Terrence Hargrove only got 7 minutes. Maybe he’s going to be like Joe Reece?

hargrove is a far better player than reece was prior to his senior season.   the problem is that the beagles are loaded at wing.  only so many minutes to go around.  

brianstl likes this

Just now, billiken_roy said:

hargrove is a far better player than reece was prior to his senior season.   the problem is that the beagles are loaded at wing.  only so many minutes to go around.  

Sorry, Roy. That’s what I meant. Got too lazy. I think Hargrove is better than 7 minutes a game but the Beagles are stacked. Last year, IIRC Reece couldn’t get off the bench and wasn’t able to show off much.

also, slu watched the Beagles last night too.

13 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Sorry, Roy. That’s what I meant. Got too lazy. I think Hargrove is better than 7 minutes a game but the Beagles are stacked. Last year, IIRC Reece couldn’t get off the bench and wasn’t able to show off much.

Anytime the Beagles play, someone from the SLU staff should be there. 

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

PSA Cardinals is the program Hasahn came from 

beagles won this morning. Yuri played 20 mins. 3 assists. 1 turnover. Didn’t attempt a shot from the field. Hit 3-4 free throws. Between Liddell, orako and moody, there’s usually not much room for anyone else. However, McKinney did have 14. Looks like he had a great game 

https://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/20978900?subseason=483962 

Updated Rivals Top 150 rankings for 2019 offer list - Name, New Rank (Previous):

Jalen Lecque, 9 (13)

Isaiah Stewart, 10 (32)

Christian Brown, 27 (23)

Kofi Cockburn, 31 (38)

Jalen Wilson, 39 (40)

Francis Okoro, 42 (34)

E.J. Liddell, 43 (42)

Malik Hall, 49 (50)

Aundre Hyatt, 63 (62)

Josh Nickelberry, 64 (59)

Kahlil Whitney, 72 (82)

Mario McKinney, 76 (74)

Joe Girard III, 79 (125)

Ismael Massoud, 90 (77)

James Bouknight, 95 (91)

Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd, 97 (98)

C.J. Walker, 99 (112)

Jaylin Williams, 100 (101)

Nobal Days, 118 (111)

John Bol Ajak, 144 (122)

Terrence Hargrove, 147 (132)

Not Ranked: Myles Baker, Michael Christmas, Yuri Collins, Tony Johnson, Xzavier Jones (132), Marcedus Leech (70), Anderson Mirambeaux, Chris Payton, Quinn Richey, Joe Toussaint.

Other names of note:

Vernon Carey, 1 (1) - trimmed SLU from list

James Wiseman, 2 (2) - played with Bradley Beal Elite

Ashton Hagans, 7 (6) - Kentucky commit, had SLU offer

Armando Bacot, 17 (14) - trimmed SLU from list

Grant Sherfield, 65 (52) - UCLA commit, had SLU offer

Dekeyvan "Kyky" Tandy, 83 (116) - interest list

Markese Jacobs, 84 (78) - Kansas commit, Demarius Jacobs' brother

Paul Mulcahy, 138 (146) - interest list

Isaiah Mosley, 146 (133) - Columbia Rock Bridge HS

I have added a rankings section to the end of each recruit's bio for all classes moving forward starting with 2019. This aggregates ratings from Rivals, Prep Hoops, Future 150, 247Sports (Scout), and ESPN, to give a snapshot of where our offers and interests stand.

Lots of 2019 updates after the AAU events this weekend. Will work on 2020 next. We know SLU was at the Nike EYBL event in Dallas for sure, but I don't know if our assistants were anywhere else yet.

As for the (grad) transfer market, we're down to Nat Dixon and Justin Coleman as guys with SLU offers/interest who haven't committed yet. Dixon has his fourth visit lined up this week and SLU doesn't appear to be a finalist. Coleman is taking his fifth and final visit to Arizona starting Wednesday. My guess is that our coaches think we're still a finalist for him, and that they're hoping to hear something by this weekend. But we might start to see some new names pop up this week before anything is official with Coleman. Plenty of transfers still out there.

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 10:52 AM, RiseAndGrind said:

In addition to most of the guys on BBE, SLU has offered Joe Toussaint, Ismael Massoud, Richie Springs, and Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd from the PSA Cardinals, so there was plenty of interest for both sides of this one. PSA won 65-59.

Massoud played 23 minutes, finishing 4-10 from the field (2-7 from 3), with 12 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist, and 1 block. MLL finished with 5 points, 1 assist, and 1 block on 2-2 shooting in 13 minutes. Toussaint couldn't score (0-2 from the field, 1-7 from the line) but had 7 assists in 31 minutes. Springs came off the bench to play 14 minutes and grabbing a rebound. Cole Anthony is the big shot for PSA; he had 35 of their 65 points.

BBE started McKinney, Liddell, Collins, Okoro, and Moody (Moody is the only one we haven't offered, the 2020 stud from Little Rock). Okoro finished with 12 and 3, with even scoring from the field and the line. McKinney had 4 points (3-pointer and FT) in 17 minutes. Collins played 25, finishing with 7, 4, 4, and 1 steal, with 1 TO. Liddell had 10 and 7, with 2 assists and 4 blocks in 25 minutes. Hargrove played 7 minutes off the bench and had a couple rebounds and a dime.

BBE went 3-1 over the weekend.

Moody is leading them in scoring, with 16.2 points per game.

Okoro is averaging 14.5 and 7.5, shooting 68.8% from the field. He's taking an official visit to Purdue. The timing of this official seems to support the rumor that he is reclassifying to the 2018 class and is down to Purdue, Oregon, and Illinois.

Liddell is averaging 12.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and 2.2 blocks. He's attempting 3-pointers (2-7) and shooting .467 from the field overall. He had quite a few coaches tracking him over the weekend.

McKinney averaged 9.7, 1.7, and 1.7.

Hargrove chipped in 4.2 PPG and 3.5 RPG, playing fairly limited minutes overall.

Collins averaged 5.2 PPG and 5.3 APG, with 21 assists to 3 turnovers over the weekend. Most of his points came from the FT line (15/20, 75.0%), and he only went 3-9 from the field and 0-3 from 3. Collins was 4th in total assists on the weekend and 9th in APG.

The action moves to Indy this weekend for session 2 of the Nike EYBL.

22 minutes ago, Pistol said:

BBE went 3-1 over the weekend.

Moody is leading them in scoring, with 16.2 points per game.

Okoro is averaging 14.5 and 7.5, shooting 68.8% from the field. He's taking an official visit to Purdue. The timing of this official seems to support the rumor that he is reclassifying to the 2018 class and is down to Purdue, Oregon, and Illinois.

Liddell is averaging 12.5 points, 5.8 rebounds, 1.5 assists, and 2.2 blocks. He's attempting 3-pointers (2-7) and shooting .467 from the field overall. He had quite a few coaches tracking him over the weekend.

McKinney averaged 9.7, 1.7, and 1.7.

Hargrove chipped in 4.2 PPG and 3.5 RPG, playing fairly limited minutes overall.

Collins averaged 5.2 PPG and 5.3 APG, with 21 assists to 3 turnovers over the weekend. Most of his points came from the FT line (15/20, 75.0%), and he only went 3-9 from the field and 0-3 from 3. Collins was 4th in total assists on the weekend and 9th in APG.

The action moves to Indy this weekend for session 2 of the Nike EYBL.

Thanks for the info.  I guess Okoro's stock is rising.  During the high school season I was hearing a rumor of him transferring to a school in Stl for next year.  

45 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Thanks for the info.  I guess Okoro's stock is rising.  During the high school season I was hearing a rumor of him transferring to a school in Stl for next year.  

He either has to do a prep year somewhere or transfer to a state with different rules if he's going to play this next year, from what I'm seeing. He's apparently old for a HS senior and might not be eligible for his senior season, or at least part of it.

I don't think I'd say his stock is rising necessarily, either. He's dropped twice in the last two updates of the Rivals 150 for 2019. It's just that he seems to be zeroing in on his schools. His actions recently tell me that he's going to jump to college this year instead of 2019, but some more things need to be made official first (paperwork, test scores, etc.), I'm guessing.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

He either has to do a prep year somewhere or transfer to a state with different rules if he's going to play this next year, from what I'm seeing. He's apparently old for a HS senior and might not be eligible for his senior season, or at least part of it.

I don't think I'd say his stock is rising necessarily, either. He's dropped twice in the last two updates of the Rivals 150 for 2019. It's just that he seems to be zeroing in on his schools. His actions recently tell me that he's going to jump to college this year instead of 2019, but some more things need to be made official first (paperwork, test scores, etc.), I'm guessing.

Gotcha.  Makes sense if he is older.