Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By the way, here's the breakdown between interest and actual offers for Stewart, since he doesn't differentiate in his tweet:

Offers: SLU, GW, St. Bonaventure, Providence, Syracuse, Wake Forest, Florida, Tennessee, Buffalo, Niagara.

Interest: Georgetown, Duke, UNC, Virginia, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Arizona, Stanford, Tulane.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, SLU_Nick said:

Meh, sounds like Dwayne Polk.  Pass. 

That is, unless VTIME thinks he is a good fit, then I will reconsider.  #LeonPowell4Prez

Funny you said that about Polk the same thought crossed my mind - not sure why because I don't know anything about the kid at all.  Probably unfair to him.  I would have loved to have had Jimmy though.

Here's hoping SLU is utilizing their previous hall of fame player connections (Justin Love is A Belleville West assistant coach and Tommie Liddell is his cousin)  recruit sophomore EJ Liddell at Belleville West.   EJ continues to progress and has to be one of the top area sophomores in the Metro St Louis area.   

First post is updated with the 2019 offer list. Interest list will be right below it when I get around to it.

Same comments as on the other two: content and format remain in progress, all names are those that have been confirmed as having offer/interest, any recruiting tips welcome.

I agree that E.J. Liddell needs to be offered by SLU ASAP.

1 hour ago, SLURadioBoy said:

I heard Frank say the other day that Liddell has been offered by SLU.

As of last week, that was not true.  Genuine interest yes.   Offer no. 

I added Liddell to the offer list; thanks to TheChosenOne for pointing out that video.

As for interest, I've got a list of 2019 players I'm following recruiting-wise at this point, but have yet to confirm SLU interest. It doesn't appear to be as deep or talented as the 2018 class locally, but when you look at the Eagles and use a few-hour radius outside of STL, you get guys like Marcedus Leech at Poplar Bluff, Francis Okoro in Normal, James Wiseman in Nashville, and a few others. McKinney and Liddell are the early top guys locally, so I'm glad we've offered both.

We offered a 6-8 PF from Bishop Loughlin in Brooklyn, Richard Springs. Profile up on the 2019 Offer list later this afternoon.

Edit: Profile up, but it's thin. There isn't a lot of info out there yet for this kid. Loughlin just beat Pius VI (VA) in the Slam Dunk to the Beach tournament in Delaware this week, and Springs had 10 points and 9 rebounds in that game. I'm assuming SLU and St. Bonaventure were in attendance, because both offered shortly after.

His team is tough, with Keith Williams (2017, Cincinnati) and Markquis Nowell (2018), along with a few other possible D-I recruits.

Updated Rivals 2019 rankings (top 75 only) for SLU offers:

3. Vernon Carey, Jr.

27. Bryce Wills

36. Kofi Cockburn

40. Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd

43. Aundre Hyatt

47. Isaiah Stewart

72. Mario McKinney

Other Notables:

9. James Wiseman (Nashville Ensworth, Bradley Beal Elite)

23. Marcedus Leech (Poplar Bluff, BBE)

32. Francis Okoro (Normal Community West, BBE)

On 1/13/2017 at 1:51 PM, Pistol said:

Updated Rivals 2019 rankings (top 75 only) for SLU offers:

3. Vernon Carey, Jr.

27. Bryce Wills

36. Kofi Cockburn

40. Maxwell Lorca-Lloyd

43. Aundre Hyatt

47. Isaiah Stewart

72. Mario McKinney

Other Notables:

9. James Wiseman (Nashville Ensworth, Bradley Beal Elite)

23. Marcedus Leech (Poplar Bluff, BBE)

32. Francis Okoro (Normal Community West, BBE)

While I think everyone is expecting 2018-19 to really be our breakout year, I think next year it is incredibly important to at least contend for a tourney berth. We need to show recruits that the process is working. I think Ford and Tate will only become even more successful recruiting with on court success (yes, not a groundbreaking assumption, but important regardless).