Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just so you all realize it, i am pretty sure that our alumni or any of us, are prohibited from "recruiting".   here's hoping that all concerned if they see or know of any worthy contacts anywhere in the world pass that information on to our coaching staff and let them handle it.  

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Pistol, have you heard any concerns about Jitoboh’s fitness? He looks a little big and not in like French is big 

Not really "concerns", more matter of fact that. Recent tweets from scouts say he'd benefit from college strength and conditioning, and he's retweeted them. He's just a big dude. Our current S&C coach has been awesome, though. He'd do wonders for Jitoboh.

1 hour ago, moytoy12 said:

I haven't listened to the YouTube interview, but it seems like he is completely wide open in his recruitment and SLU/UCF are fall back options if nothing better materializes. 

That's probably fair. I think the context was about what he's looking for in a school, "Whether it's one of those two - UCF or SLU - or another school altogether." He mentioned some of his other offers but those are the only two they discussed beyond that.

From his perspective, he had a final four of power conference teams and probably had his sights set on the highest level possible. But when it became clear that he had been recruited over at those places and his options weren't quite what he thought they were, it's humbling. He's going to wait as long as possible to see if anyone else gets involved.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Not really "concerns", more matter of fact that. Recent tweets from scouts say he'd benefit from college strength and conditioning, and he's retweeted them. He's just a big dude. Our current S&C coach has been awesome, though. He'd do wonders for Jitoboh.

Thanks! Appreciate all your work. I honestly don't know how you find time!

40 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

just so you all realize it, i am pretty sure that our alumni or any of us, are prohibited from "recruiting".   here's hoping that all concerned if they see or know of any worthy contacts anywhere in the world pass that information on to our coaching staff and let them handle it.  

These players get so many mentions from fan bases. The bigger the program, the more fans they have tweeting at them or commenting on their Instagram or whatever. I don't think anyone tries to even enfore that form of contact.

12 minutes ago, Pistol said:

-Jitohoh's Hamilton Heights team plays in Memphis this weekend, including against Memphis East and ESPN's #1 for 2019 James Wiseman, following Lil Penny to Memphis - their schedule has games in many locales and Memphis the closest to StL

10 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Cannot think of a single player Ford has recruited In his three years who has been a bust on the court. Think TFord will do just fine.

To be fair there have been 3 players that we never got to see on the court so we really do not know if your statement is true or not.

3 hours ago, cheeseman said:

To be fair there have been 3 players that we never got to see on the court so we really do not know if your statement is true or not.

plus all the players recruited that we did not land.

But V menace statement is still dead on. Everyone he has recruited that he's landed and actually made it to some PT has been desirable players.

VeniceMenace likes this

So for next year, we have:

Yuri Collins -- a local 5'10" playmaking PG - 4 years of eligibility

Javonte Perkins -- a local, athletic 6'7" wing who can shoot the 3 pointer - 2 years of eligibility?

Gibson Jimerson - a 6'6" guard and sharpshooter - 4 years of eligibility

Terrance Hargrove - a local 6'7" a versatile, athletic guard who can play the perimeter - 4 years of eligibility

And we have 1 scholarship left to replace CG?

10 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

So for next year, we have:

Yuri Collins -- a local 5'10" playmaking PG - 4 years of eligibility

Javonte Perkins -- a local, athletic 6'7" wing who can shoot the 3 pointer - 2 years of eligibility?

Gibson Jimerson - a 6'6" guard and sharpshooter - 4 years of eligibility

Terrance Hargrove - a local 6'7" a versatile, athletic guard who can play the perimeter - 4 years of eligibility

And we have 1 scholarship left to replace CG?

We’re losing Bess, Foreman, Santos, CG, Wiley, isabell, and Welmer. 7 schollies opening up, 4 filled, 3 remaining. 

For the 3 remaining schollies, my hope is a freshman big (Jitoboh), a juco or grad transfer big and then the best available player we can get regardless of position.

Zink likes this

5 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

We’re losing Bess, Foreman, Santos, CG, Wiley, isabell, and Welmer. 7 schollies opening up, 4 filled, 3 remaining. 

For the 3 remaining schollies, my hope is a freshman big (Jitoboh), a juco or grad transfer big and then the best available player we can get regardless of position.

Yep agree with this 

11 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

I agree with this as well although I may be over the grad transfer experiment 

Billiken Rich likes this

9 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I  kind of agree with you.  Maybe for a school like us we don't really get the top grad transfers given that they want to win and go to the Dance and we can not promise them that at least not now.  

12 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

Im not over GT, but it has to be in good time.

Next year we'll have(starters)  3 juniors, 1 sophomore, 1 frosh.  The bench will be majority frosh with a few sophomores.  because expectations should be very high next year, a GT could be nice.  If we were taking the development route, I would say lets pass on the GT.