Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

32 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I just got off the phone with him and his mom.  (Forgot I had their number lol).  He's a good kid.  I have known him since 4th grade.  He said he signed yesterday.  He said he was recruited by Ford and Tate.  They told him there would be an opportunity for time next year with Bess leaving.  Imo he's a SF.  Not a pure shooter but he can score the ball.  Athletic slasher...but not the high riser that Hargrove is.  Hargrove is more physical on defense as well.  Not sure of the fit with Jimerson coming.  He said he had 33pts last night.  They have a home game Monday at 7.

He signed with SLU?  Not doubting you but just surprised SLU didn't tweet anything out.  Unless he wants to make an announcement somehow?  Once he signs Ford and the school can talk about him so would like to hear more.  

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

He signed with SLU?  Not doubting you but just surprised SLU didn't tweet anything out.  Unless he wants to make an announcement somehow?  Once he signs Ford and the school can talk about him so would like to hear more.  

Coach 314 is the man...here’s the account that mentions Tate and Ford seeing him play...he dropped 30 points on Mineral Area College:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailyjournalonline.com/sports/college/mac/mens-basketball/mineral-area-sharp-early-beats-sw-illinois-at-home/article_8ee63f82-e46a-522a-b064-528df2f0730e.amp.html#ampf=undefined

56 minutes ago, VeniceMenace said:

Coach 314 is the man...here’s the account that mentions Tate and Ford seeing him play...he dropped 30 points on Mineral Area College:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/dailyjournalonline.com/sports/college/mac/mens-basketball/mineral-area-sharp-early-beats-sw-illinois-at-home/article_8ee63f82-e46a-522a-b064-528df2f0730e.amp.html#ampf=undefined

Yea wasn't doubting him, just surprised SLU didn't tweet out anything when they received the LOI.  I just want to make sure before I buy my Perki(n)s Power tshirt.  

Image result for tony perkis gif

After a tough loss yesterday coach Ford and coach Tate come home attend a game the day before Thanksgiving and possibly gets another commit from another scorer with experience.

This will break up the size of an all freshman recruiting class and will have him graduating with French and Goodwin.

I look forward to seeing his name on the signed recruit thread.

Lets finish recruiting by signing a big and do not wait for anyone looking over SLU for a better program to come calling make those guys regret not signing early.

54 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Hard to doubt Ford’s ability to recruit, but with only French and CAG as our bigs next year, sure hope we find a decent big man this spring (presumably Welmer’s schollie will be open). 

We still have one open, right?  Santos, Isabell, Wiley, Bess and Foreman all gone. Four signed to date. 

15 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

We still have one open, right?  Santos, Isabell, Wiley, Bess and Foreman all gone. Four signed to date. 

3 officially signed 1 more than likely so I think it will be 2 with the unfortunate bad luck with Elliot.

I like this. We will all of a sudden be pretty young next season so it’s nice to get a scorer with some college experience. Ideally, I’d like us to get a grad transfer big to replace the Foreman minutes. With French and Gordon, we don’t need a star but someone to provide serviceable minutes without racking up fouls is something we are going to really need. 

59 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

id say this likely sets hargrove back a year or two now.   not that there is anything wrong with that, but i think if stu is right, this looks to be bess successor and hargrove will have to take a backup role now.   

45 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

id say this likely sets hargrove back a year or two now.   not that there is anything wrong with that, but i think if stu is right, this looks to be bess successor and hargrove will have to take a backup role now.   

I think Hargrove fits better with the type of player Ford has brought in (defensively) but Javonte is a better offensive player at this stage.  Add in Jimerson...and things will definitely be interesting next year.

12 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Things will indeed be different next year, for one thing we will have less bigs to play with, and at the same time we may have more scorers than we have now.

Makes for a great recruiting pitch to a young big looking to play his 1st year.   There will definitely be minutes available.

37 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I think Hargrove fits better with the type of player Ford has brought in (defensively) but Javonte is a better offensive player at this stage.  Add in Jimerson...and things will definitely be interesting next year.

Yep adding the fifth best 3 point shooter in his class across the USA should make it interesting.