Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

if we are worried about mediocre programs like the salukis and mi$$ouri that isnt good.   they arent worth our thoughts.  we need to think bigger than these wanna be's

AGB91 and rgbilliken like this

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i see that bella vista prep guard, addison patterson has reclassified and will now be going to college next year instead of a another year at a prep school.   pistol  got the info on this guy?   maybe with jimmy bell's assistance we can get a leg up and go after this guy.   is he a besslike player?

C'mon Roy, you know better than this.  Top 40 basketball players don't reclassify to go to a mid-major school.  This guy, like most kids in his position, has stars in his eyes:

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6480052-addison-patterson-could-be-the-next-big-canadian-star

"I see myself a lottery pick for sure," Patterson said at the recent Nike EYBL stop here. "I'm still working, I'm still in the lab right now so y'all ain't got the finished product yet. By the time I'm in college, I'm going to be a killer, my team's going to be winning. I bet I'm going to be the next one to come out of Canada for sure."

hey i was just thinking longshot he and jimmy are besties and of course we have the best recruiter coach slu has ever had, just maybe............ hell a guy can dream cant he?  i see now on twitter he hasnt completely decided to reclassify.  

brianstl likes this

1 minute ago, billiken_roy said:

hey i was just thinking longshot he and jimmy are besties and of course we have the best recruiter coach slu has ever had, just maybe............ hell a guy can dream cant he?  i see now on twitter he hasnt completely decided to reclassify.  

Then start dreaming about how good Yuri will be when he starts our first game!! 

Just now, slu72 said:

Then start dreaming about how good Yuri will be when he starts our first game!! 

when weaver signs this weekend, that likely is going to push yuri down the chart a notch.    not saying i like that, just saying that would make sense just looking at the way things are falling into place.  

24 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I think Weaver's our new Wiley. IR for a lot of games. Hell, Yuri don't worry! My new slogan for Yuri! T shirts to follow! 

that's actually pretty good.    if he turns into ernie digregorio as you seem to think is going to happen,and Yuri takes over the team,  Yuri dont worry! t-shirts will be everywhere. 

i'd suggest you add this to your signature at billikens.com in order to take complete credit for this.   

39 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

In my heart I always think we have a chance if we even have the slightest connection to a kid.

9 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

that's actually pretty good.    if he turns into ernie digregorio as you seem to think is going to happen,and Yuri takes over the team,  Yuri dont worry! t-shirts will be everywhere. 

i'd suggest you add this to your signature at billikens.com in order to take complete credit for this.   

Done, I copy righted it!! Yuri Don't Worry! 

6 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

In Providence I hear he was called Ernie No D 😃

On ‎6‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:02 AM, billiken_roy said:

Enjoy the cease & desist. Right @QUAILMAN?

QUAILMAN likes this

On 6/29/2019 at 9:07 AM, billiken_roy said:

i see that bella vista prep guard, addison patterson has reclassified and will now be going to college next year instead of a another year at a prep school.   pistol  got the info on this guy?   maybe with jimmy bell's assistance we can get a leg up and go after this guy.   is he a besslike player?

On 6/29/2019 at 9:16 AM, 3star_recruit said:

C'mon Roy, you know better than this.  Top 40 basketball players don't reclassify to go to a mid-major school.  This guy, like most kids in his position, has stars in his eyes:

https://www.flohoops.com/articles/6480052-addison-patterson-could-be-the-next-big-canadian-star

"I see myself a lottery pick for sure," Patterson said at the recent Nike EYBL stop here. "I'm still working, I'm still in the lab right now so y'all ain't got the finished product yet. By the time I'm in college, I'm going to be a killer, my team's going to be winning. I bet I'm going to be the next one to come out of Canada for sure."

^What 3star said, Roy.

Whenever I was looking for BVP highlights for Bell, Patterson was always the one that jumped off the video for me. Terry Armstrong was the stud senior wing and Patterson was generally the #2 this season but I immediately gravitated toward his game - 2020 rankings are starting to reflect this, too. He's gooooood. He could be Bell's twin brother, best friend, whatever, and he's not coming here.

5 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

According to this website, SLU had the 5th best recruiting class of all Mid-Majors.

https://www.prephoops.com/2019/07/prep-hoops-national-notebook-mid-majors-best-5-classes/

Rhode Island was #2 and LaSalle also got a mention.

Also, Porter Moser's Loyola-Chicago got a mention.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

cc: Grad Transfers - 2019 thread.

I wonder if this would be with a walk-on which I would be great with. I’d also be great with holding it for a mid season transfer (although I know we are looking to have 2020 scholarships available too). 

4 hours ago, SLU_Lax said:

I wonder if this would be with a walk-on which I would be great with. I’d also be great with holding it for a mid season transfer (although I know we are looking to have 2020 scholarships available too). 

Out of curiosity, and not directed directly at you Lax, but how many mid year transfers of consequence have we ever landed?  I know it’s discussed regularly on this board, but I think the hope of an impact mid year xfer is more legend/wishful than fact for the Billikens. 

SLU_Lax likes this

16 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Out of curiosity, and not directed directly at you Lax, but how many mid year transfers of consequence have we ever landed?  I know it’s discussed regularly on this board, but I think the hope of an impact mid year xfer is more legend/wishful than fact for the Billikens. 

I can't recall anyone who transferred in at mid-year and actually played for the Billikens ever in the time since I began following in 1988-89.  As far as I can recall, Ty Graves would have been the first, but (obviously) he never saw the court as a Bill.

Cody Ellis and Justin Tatum each had to miss the first semester of their first season because of eligibility issues, but they weren't transfers.  The NCAA mandated that Izak Ohanon and Ian Vouyoukas serve suspension at the beginning of their initial seasons because of playing with professionals internationally before coming to SLU, but the same criterion applies.

Someone could be slipping my mind.

With the numbers of transfers up significantly, I'm not sure previous results are a good reflection of what can be done today. At this point, Ford's knowledge of what his players can and can't do, improves every day. He certainly doesn't want to mess up the chemistry.  I think he will be careful.

I think we have 2 "recruited" walk-ons.  Does anyone know if the one remaining scholarship can be split like happens in most other D 1 sports?  I'm thinking giving 50% partial scholarships to each of the walk-ons would be a great way to use the scholarship while not tying it up for next year when we need it.  I don't want to hold on to it for a slight chance to sign a mid-year transfer who would then tie up a 2020 scholarship.  We need that scholarship for the best 4 year player TF can recruit in the 2020 class

Samba Kane who played for Illinois has hit the market. He is a 6-10, sit-one freshman... was a 3-star coming out of a Florida Prep School. Known as a good defender with some upside.

A sit-one big for the final scholarship is not a bad idea.