Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Wasn't he scheduled to visit us yesterday and today? 

That was Tevin Mack, who cancelled both Oregon (M-Tu) and SLU (W-Th) and committed to Clemson.

On 6/13/2019 at 8:12 AM, Pistol said:

Tyler Scanlon - SF, 6-7, 215 - Centreville, VA (Boston University) - Twitter: @TylerScanlon17

Interest: Saint Louis, Richmond, George Washington, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Belmont.

Latest News: Scanlon has heard from SLU in addition to the others listed above. (6/13/19)

Scouting Report: Scanlon is a grad transfer who averaged 13.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, and 3.3 APG in 33.4 MPG for BU this past season. His numbers have increased each season across the board, with the exception of his 3-point percentage, which is still a decent .342 (.379 for his career). He was second on the team in scoring and rebounding and led BU in assists and steals. He's a floor-spacing small forward who can knock it down from anywhere. He's got a good looking shot and a nice head-fake that he uses to get room to operate in the mid-range. He's got pretty good length, helping him be disruptive as a defender and a good finisher with either hand. He was a late entry to the transfer portal, announcing just last week. In HS, he led Westfield to state titles in both basketball and football, where he played QB and WR.

Looks like he graduated in 3 years. Does that give him 2 years of eligibility?

16 minutes ago, FatherB said:

Looks like he graduated in 3 years. Does that give him 2 years of eligibility?

No, he played 3 seasons at BU, so that leaves him one final season of eligibility. Him graduating in 3 years just allows him to go the grad transfer route which essentially guarantees immediate eligibility (do they even pretend that it has to be for a grad program not offered at the school they are transferring from anymore?).

This kid looks like a good fit to me; fundamentally sound, high motor, high basketball IQ, gritty, sneaky athletic, and just a gym rat who plays the game the right way.

Pistol likes this

Tyler Scanlon - SF, 6-7, 215 - Centreville, VA (Boston University) - Twitter: @TylerScanlon17

Interest: Saint Louis, Richmond, George Washington, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Belmont.

Latest News: Scanlon has heard from SLU in addition to the others listed above. (6/13/19)

Scouting Report: Scanlon is a grad transfer who averaged 13.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, and 3.3 APG in 33.4 MPG for BU this past season. His numbers have increased each season across the board, with the exception of his 3-point percentage, which is still a decent .342 (.379 for his career). He was second on the team in scoring and rebounding and led BU in assists and steals. He's a floor-spacing small forward who can knock it down from anywhere. He's got a good looking shot and a nice head-fake that he uses to get room to operate in the mid-range. He's got pretty good length, helping him be disruptive as a defender and a good finisher with either hand. He was a late entry to the transfer portal, announcing just last week. In HS, he led Westfield to state titles in both basketball and football, where he played QB and WR.

Goodwin is also from a town called Centreville. And Hasahn is from Middletown. I think this gives us an advantage over other schools 

QB and WR!

How fast do you need to be to throw the ball up then run under it and catch?

That is crazy speed!

TheChosenOne likes this

I'm seeing on Twitter Wur might have as many as 20 offers. I've got 17 confirmed:

Lök Wur - F, 6-9, 180 - Papillion, NE (Papillion La Vista South) - Twitter: @LokWur4
Offers: Saint Louis, St. Joe's, George Mason, Creighton, DePaul, Iowa, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Washington State, Nevada, Eastern Michigan, Wofford, Louisiana, Mercer, McNeese State, Omaha, Northern Colorado.

Interest: Georgetown, Florida State, Virginia Tech, Miami, Boston College, Minnesota, Kansas, K-State, Georgia, UCLA, Oregon, Houston, Colorado State, Loyola-Marymount, San Diego, Elon, Nebraska-Omaha, New Orleans, Hawaii, Idaho State.

So I'm assuming some of those on the interest list have also offered. Regardless, he's supposed to announce his finalists today.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Big thank u to all 34 college programs(juco-D1) for believing in me and offering me a scholarship. I will now put my focus on these 5 programs moving forward<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Blessed?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Blessed</a> <a href="https://t.co/q8BxP0RpJV">pic.twitter.com/q8BxP0RpJV</a></p>&mdash; Lök Wur (@LokWur4) <a href="https://twitter.com/LokWur4/status/1141001708425895942?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 18, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Luke with an "o" and no "e" sure isn't afraid to travel.

I like the fact there will be a recruit visiting Wednesday,  there will be a buzz with the Blues playing1

Saw on Badger Wire , GT Tyler Scanlon will visit Wisconsin.  Said he visited GW already.  

I don't  know what happened sending that one,   should have sent a week ago

14 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Saw on Badger Wire , GT Tyler Scanlon will visit Wisconsin.  Said he visited GW already.  

Yep, and Belmont will be before Wisconsin. Others may follow.

dennis_w likes this

Karrington Davis (Chaminade, Montverde) transferred from Nebraska to Carbondale. Interesting. He sat last year with a medical redshirt; I wonder if he can get a waiver, meaning we might see him this year.

8 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Karrington Davis (Chaminade, Montverde) transferred from Nebraska to Carbondale. Interesting. He sat last year with a medical redshirt; I wonder if he can get a waiver, meaning we might see him this year.

Ronnie Suggs also transferred to Carbondale. I realize he was a walk on at Mizzou, but he’s been a nice player at Bradley and Mizzou. Mullins getting some talent 

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Ronnie Suggs also transferred to Carbondale. I realize he was a walk on at Mizzou, but he’s been a nice player at Bradley and Mizzou. Mullins getting some talent 

I don't know anything about Davis, but I don't see Suggs as a big difference maker.  Over his career he's shot less than 40% from 2, less than 25% from 3, and 66% from the line.  He commits about 1.5 turnovers for every assist.  He has decent rebounding numbers for a guard I guess, but everything else looks very mediocre.  The bulk of those stats come from his freshman year at Bradley in 2015-16, but he really didn't show anything in limited playing time at Mizzou that would make me change my mind.

I don't know who else Carbondale has on the roster, but I'd expect Suggs to get minutes and put up more volume stats (especially compared to his numbers at Mizzou).  However, unless he becomes more a more efficient scorer I don't think he'll contribute much to winning.