Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

Lok needs a serious dose of Imo's and toasted raviolis followed by a Rickma type Sundae.  He's thin.

When you move like that at 6'9", bulk isn't as important as it would be for other 6'9" players.  He needs some muscle, but that isn't going to be the key to this kid's game.

7 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-CFord might want to do this but HF has shown very little ability to score from beyond 2 feet, would really clog the middle if another big in there for us

French has a nice hook shot that has been effect to about 6-8 feet. I've wondered if his FT% might go up if he used his hook shot from there... only half kidding.  Ford signed these 2,  6'10"ish  guys to play the 5.  French then draws a smaller defender, and we have another inside option when he gets doubled. Our 2 bigs only have to separate enough for the defending big to commit.  I think it's really a question of how fast the new bigs take to be effective.

4 minutes ago, Aquinas said:

French has a nice hook shot that has been effect to about 6-8 feet. I've wondered if his FT% might go up if he used his hook shot from there... only half kidding.  Ford signed these 2,  6'10"ish  guys to play the 5.  French then draws a smaller defender, and we have another inside option when he gets doubled. Our 2 bigs only have to separate enough for the defending big to commit.  I think it's really a question of how fast the new bigs take to be effective.

you really think so?   i think his hook shot is mediocre at best.   he has very little touch on it and basically doesnt get more than about 3 feet from the rim.   french is the team prototype of bully ball imo.   i dont mean that in a negative sense.   he is sheer power.   my big wish for the summer is he and goodwin both develop success shooting from the floor and the line. 

slufanskip likes this

39 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

you really think so?   i think his hook shot is mediocre at best.   he has very little touch on it and basically doesnt get more than about 3 feet from the rim.   french is the team prototype of bully ball imo.   i dont mean that in a negative sense.   he is sheer power.   my big wish for the summer is he and goodwin both develop success shooting from the floor and the line. 

If French could develop a jumper from 5-10 feet, he'd be first team A10. Just never seen it from him and doubt he's working much on it. His forte is being strong to the hoop. One thing that might help him, though, is Yuri feeding him on some alley oops.

3star_recruit likes this

Wur is up to 13 offers. Wofford offered yesterday. He began an unofficial visit to St. Joe's yesterday - I'm guessing they'll be the 14th.

Now Kansas, Oregon (of course), UCLA, and Virginia Tech have reached out.

After St. Joe's, he's visiting Oregon (next week) and Hawaii (presumably right after Oregon).

Becoming eligible on 6/10 means he has an unusually tight time frame. He says he plans to decide in 2-3 weeks. Our window to get him on campus is pretty small.

We're definitely a top-half offer in his list - Texas A&M, Rutgers, DePaul, Washington State, and Nevada are the others - and Rutgers is the only one I've seen him discuss publicly, probably because their Rivals reporter reached out to him and others haven't yet. But that could change if some of the bigger programs sniffing around get him to visit and make offers.

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is he a guard or a forward? ESPN has him listed as a 6'7 forward.

Career 38% 3PT shooter/77 FT.

Really solid numbers all three seasons at BU where he was listed as a forward on their roster (6'7, 215). Probably more of a 3/4 type, would fill a need for a season.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/tyler-scanlon-1.html

Tyler Scanlon - SF, 6-7, 215 - Centreville, VA (Boston University) - Twitter: @TylerScanlon17

Interest: Saint Louis, Richmond, George Washington, Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, Florida, Arkansas, Georgia, Belmont.

Latest News: Scanlon has heard from SLU in addition to the others listed above. (6/13/19)

Scouting Report: Scanlon is a grad transfer who averaged 13.8 PPG, 5.0 RPG, and 3.3 APG in 33.4 MPG for BU this past season. His numbers have increased each season across the board, with the exception of his 3-point percentage, which is still a decent .342 (.379 for his career). He was second on the team in scoring and rebounding and led BU in assists and steals. He's a floor-spacing small forward who can knock it down from anywhere. He's got a good looking shot and a nice head-fake that he uses to get room to operate in the mid-range. He's got pretty good length, helping him be disruptive as a defender and a good finisher with either hand. He was a late entry to the transfer portal, announcing just last week. In HS, he led Westfield to state titles in both basketball and football, where he played QB and WR.

CBFan likes this

42 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Seems like the only school not interested in Wur is the University of Mars. 

You've got to wait a number of years and pray that Tesla (Space X) does not go bankrupt before the University of Mars becomes a reality.

Lok Wur would be some Travis Ford get.  I feel like this situation does not happen every year.  6’9 guy with handles becomes available in the summer...of course every decent team with a scholly throws their hat in the ring.  Here is hoping he finds the best fit for him and doesn’t go for bright lights to warm the bench 

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

to be fair, Mars has everyone back from last year's team.

TheDude likes this

5 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

Lok Wur would be some Travis Ford get.  I feel like this situation does not happen every year.  6’9 guy with handles becomes available in the summer...of course every decent team with a scholly throws their hat in the ring.  Here is hoping he finds the best fit for him and doesn’t go for bright lights to warm the bench 

Wur's getting the kind of reception Mickey Pearson hoped to get.

SLU_Nick and slu72 like this

More Wur news: He swung by local program Nebraska-Omaha yesterday for an unofficial visit. He's going to meet with Creighton HC Greg McDermott today. We'll see if there's a strong pull to stay local. Based on his upcoming visits to Oregon and Hawaii, I'm guessing he's not too worried about proximity.

8 hours ago, slu72 said:

But it’s my understanding that Mars Hill University has offered, and will roll out the green carpet for Mr. Wur.

59 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

to be fair, Mars has everyone back from last year's team.

Sure they did, they ran short on oxygen during practice and are still lying dead on the gym. Things do not decompose rapidly on Mars, no bacteria or fungus there, no oxygen either.