Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

Lök Wur - F, 6-9, 180 - Papillion, NE (Papillion La Vista South) - Twitter: @LokWur4

Offers: Saint Louis, George Mason, DePaul, Rutgers, Texas A&M, Washington State, Nevada, Eastern Michigan, Mercer, McNeese State, Omaha, Northern Colorado.

Interest: K-State, Elon, Louisiana, New Orleans, Idaho State.

Latest News: Wur received offers from SLU and many others after being academically cleared last week. (6/10/19)

Scouting Report: Wur is a long, athletic, versatile combo forward who can shoot from the perimeter and guard multiple positions. He runs the floor well, handles the ball for his size and length, blows by defenders or can stop and pop, gets to the rim and finishes with a variety of moves and with either hand, and blocks shots. He was originally a non-qualifier and signed with Eastern Florida State in April, but was cleared in June and received a flurry of D-I offers immediately.

Lök is pronounced "Luke". He's a great looking prospect. Let's get him on campus.

CBFan likes this

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 minutes ago, juniorbill76 said:

In this video it looks like the hoop is about 8 feet off the floor. No wonder he's so good.

The way he cut through the competition wonder the level of competition in Maine.  Not exactly a basketball hotbed.  And NO STARS!  Cant't be too good.  🤩

36 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

It's about time we got someone with umlauts.

Gus will still call him Lock

Wur is playing against mediocre competition in Nebraska.  He's athletic but playing against that level of competition (think the level that Kyle Cassity played against in high school) makes him look like Kevin Durant.  Cassity scored close to 20 and 10 in high school and he was 6'5.  I think Lok's closer to Mickey Pearson.  Certainly good enough to play in the A10 but if this was 3 months ago he wouldn't be getting high major offers.

As long as he does not come with the idea that he is destined by God to be the top player at Kentucky and will enter the NBA after his first year of D1 play, as Pearson thought was his destiny, he will be OK for us, even if the clip shows him playing against really bad opposition.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

It's one of the worst highlight tapes I've seen in a while (looks like he's a class of '87 recruit). One of the best prospects, though.

I'll get a bio up soon. I have to Lok Wur I can get some good info on him.

giphy.gif

Haha they look like they recorded their games with a Nokia phone!!

46 minutes ago, Old guy said:

As long as he does not come with the idea that he is destined by God to be the top player at Kentucky and will enter the NBA after his first year of D1 play, as Pearson thought was his destiny, he will be OK for us, even if the clip shows him playing against really bad opposition.

I feel like it’s a competition with you. 

Do you hate Mickey Pearson more than I hate Gordon? Haha 

Recruiting Lok Wor is interesting.  It means another freshman and one less open scholarship for 2020.  Thats a crazy big freshman class. It also means this class would have 3 players taller than French.  I still think Ford really wants to play French at the 4. 

14 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Recruiting Lok Wor is interesting.  It means another freshman and one less open scholarship for 2020.  Thats a crazy big freshman class. It also means this class would have 3 players taller than French.  I still think Ford really wants to play French at the 4. 

-CFord might want to do this but HF has shown very little ability to score from beyond 2 feet, would really clog the middle if another big in there for us