Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Part of the issue is almost everyone has declared for the draft.  Those kids aren't going to make a school choice until they get an evaluation back.  So you won't hear from a Blackshear, Juiston, Clarke and Johnson until that point. Those dominoes are probably holding up much of the big man transfer market right now.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

we've got two open spots.   i am doubting we get two quality graduate transfers at this point.   the drexel kid going to minnesota surprised me.   i kind of had that one penciled in.  Blacksheer is going to go big.  that is a huge longshot there imo.  

I agree with Blackshear I just mentioned him because he and others are still out there.

With coach Ford I would not be surprised if he signs 2 GT’s he is a magician.

I think if coach Ford feels he has great chance of signing 3 local recruits for 2020 then there will be 2 GT’s signed.

The suspense of waiting makes me stalk this board every hour of the day for news.

49 minutes ago, almaman said:

When will the NBA evaluations be done?

The NBA Draft combine is May 14-19.

The NCAA early withdrawal deadline is May 29. This is for underclassmen who want to retain eligibility. The NCAA pegged it at 10 days after the combine ends.

The NBA draft withdrawal deadline is June 10. This is for early entrants to withdraw their names from the draft pool and be eligible for the draft in future years. It means more for international players than NCAA players, who are subject to the NCAA's 5/29 date.

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thank you sir for the information.  I appreciate your posts.

-from other thread....thank you Pistol

Madani Diarra - C, 6-10, 245 - Bamako, Mali (St. Benedict's, NJ) - Twitter: @Madani1059982

Offers: SLU, Detroit, Mississippi Valley State. 

Interest: Syracuse, UConn.

Latest News: Diarra will visit SLU this weekend (5/9-5/11). (5/7/19)

Scouting Report: Diarra is a big post player who spent much of his HS career injured. Wearing a full-leg brace, he played the second half of his senior year at St. Benedict's. He's an imposing defensive presence, disrupting a ton of shots. He's a strong rebounder at both ends and gets good position. He's raw offensively but moves well off the ball to get open and picks up a lot of second-chance points from offensive rebounds.

13 hours ago, WVBilliken said:

Rehab for ACL, kneecap injury.

Strength wise he should not get pushed away from the basket for a rebound and while defending another teams big.  He should be able to defend a big like Blackshear when French struggles to defend someone that big.

13 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Strength wise he should not get pushed away from the basket for a rebound and while defending another teams big.  He should be able to defend a big like Blackshear when French struggles to defend someone that big.

Good point. We definitely need help guarding Grant Golden.

43 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Good point. We definitely need help guarding Grant Golden.

And the Bonnie big, I forgot about Golden and it will be fun when Mr. Diarra introduces himself to Golden when he swats his shot or when Golden cannot move him.

I have a good feeling he will commit after his visit.

golden doesnt necessarily play in the lane.   he's able to get the ball at the 3 line and shoot and is fairly good on the dribble for a big man.  i do not envision either bell or diarra being successful against the likes of golden.   at least not anytime in the rest of golden's college career.   the bonnie big, ( assume you are referencing osunniyi) is also extremely athletic and mobile.   he doesnt have the range golden has but he would be a tough matchup vs bell or a diarra type as well.   

french is the matchup vs either of these guys imo.  

RUBillsFan and Littlebill like this

Bell, based solely on the game  against Lamelo, has some ability to defend quicker, more Mobile players.  My recollection of his block of Lamelo, he moved his feet and stayed with him through the lane and then Blocked his shot.  I would not assume Golden would dominate him.   The Video of Diarra, shows promise, but  based solely on that I would not expect him to out play Bell. I am more hopeful Bell makes an impact than Diarra.  However, knowing how knee injuries are,  we may not have seen how mobile Diarra can be.  

Would be nice to have that kind of depth. 

3 minutes ago, Basketbill said:

Bell, based solely on the game  against Lamelo, has some ability to defend quicker, more Mobile players.  My recollection of his block of Lamelo, he moved his feet and stayed with him through the lane and then Blocked his shot.  I would not assume Golden would dominate him.   The Video of Diarra, shows promise, but  based solely on that I would not expect him to out play Bell. I am more hopeful Bell makes an impact than Diarra.  However, knowing how knee injuries are,  we may not have seen how mobile Diarra can be.  

Would be nice to have that kind of depth. 

i think both would be long term projects.   worthy projects simply because of the size alone, but i will be surprised if they arent a substantial step down from french when they sub in next year.  i love what they present for down the road though very much.   we need a big that can play big minutes immediately imo.  

i guess we are getting ahead of ourselves somewhat.   coach ford needs to close the deal on diarra this weekend first. 

19 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-from other thread....thank you Pistol

Madani Diarra - C, 6-10, 245 - Bamako, Mali (St. Benedict's, NJ) - Twitter: @Madani1059982

Offers: SLU, Detroit, Mississippi Valley State. 

Interest: Syracuse, UConn.

Latest News: Diarra will visit SLU this weekend (5/9-5/11). (5/7/19)

Scouting Report: Diarra is a big post player who spent much of his HS career injured. Wearing a full-leg brace, he played the second half of his senior year at St. Benedict's. He's an imposing defensive presence, disrupting a ton of shots. He's a strong rebounder at both ends and gets good position. He's raw offensively but moves well off the ball to get open and picks up a lot of second-chance points from offensive rebounds.

Isn't this visit scheduled during finals?  Won't all of our student-athletes be too busy studying to spend time with Madani.  (No blue font.)