Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

Pearson asked for a release claiming his grandmother was ill and he wanted to stay near her. There was a lot of discussion in the board about this. Once he got the release he posted an "I'm now available" notice. He wanted to play for Kentucky and thought he was the hottest thing available after coming a runner up in the KY Mr. Basketball designation. He had some interest but decided to go to prep school instead. I believe he was expecting offers to rain on him and apparently none did. He is going to TCU and as I have mentioned many times before I hope he rots sitting on the  bench. This guy truly thought he was too good for us. This is my recollection of the Pearson event.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a SLU offer (which was honestly his best for a while), signed with Penn State, got out of his LOI, got offers from the top half of the ACC, committed to Virginia. He had a monster senior year and leveled up.

3 hours ago, Pistol said:

Had a SLU offer. We were involved for a while, but not recently.

Now you're telling me SLU is losing recruiting battles to Central Connecticut State? Things are not good. 

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Robert Carpenter to the Bonnies. Because i refuse to admit that T Ford would ever lose a recruiting battle to the Bonnie’s I feel like someone should be coming our way soon. 

samesies

24 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Robert Carpenter to the Bonnies. Because i refuse to admit that T Ford would ever lose a recruiting battle to the Bonnie’s I feel like someone should be coming our way soon. 

Just saw that on the Twitters. A little confused but he probably knew we are way to deep at that position.

57 minutes ago, Clock_Tower said:

Robert Carpenter is definitely a tool -- a welding tool??

Actually really don't think the Bill's need a 5th frosh.  Hoping for a couple more upper classmen immediately available.

5 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Actually really don't think the Bill's need a 5th frosh.  Hoping for a couple more upper classmen immediately available.

Agreed. Even before Mike Lewis, I had wanted a guy w more back to basket skills than Carpenter.  Now, w Lewis... even more so.  

I am OK w 1 grad transfer big and pocket the remaining scholarship if we cannot get 2

34 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

I would rather Carpenter be on our team than a thorn in our side for the next four years. But I understand his decision. The Bonnies have plenty of minutes for a combo forward.

CBFan likes this

5 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I think we quit recruiting him

SLU_Nick likes this

Closing the loop on a former SLU offer - I don't think we'd been recruiting him for quite some time. I figured he'd end up in the Valley, Horizon, or MAC. D-II is a surprise.

10 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I agree....this is a good sign as is SIUC getting the Northwestern big...any day now...

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Closing the loop on a former SLU offer - I don't think we'd been recruiting him for quite some time. I figured he'd end up in the Valley, Horizon, or MAC. D-II is a surprise.

Good.  I hate his name.