Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I know it's impossible to tell from an all star game...but anyone go and have feedback?

Hargrove is electrifying in space. He has the ability to shoot the ball from outside. He has great control going to the hoop and can adjust mid air. I left before the 4th quarter but up until that point Yuri didn't do much. He played off the ball alot.

8 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

He does it all offensively, and his put back off the miss at 6:30 is very JGood-eske. What a treat it will be to see those two attacking the rim next year!

Correction, his3 pt percentage for 2018-19 excluding playoffs was in the twenties so he doesn’t quite do it all offensively

2 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Correction, his3 pt percentage for 2018-19 excluding playoffs was in the twenties so he doesn’t quite do it all offensively

He is actually a little better than I thought. Here is his numbers for the past 3 years:

2016/17 - 17/36 - 47.2%

2017/18 - 38/109 - 34.9%

2018/19 - 29/117 - 24.8%

High School Total 84/262 - 32.1%

Not great, but decent numbers. Looks like he certainly has the potential to be a threat.

13 hours ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

Hargrove 

Hargrove was kind of the darling of the whole event. It was about him and Mario McKinney, EJ Liddel is a beast, glad he's not going to any "local programs". I didn't want to believe it but Mario is really, really good with the swagger and confidence to match.

32 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

He is actually a little better than I thought. Here is his numbers for the past 3 years:

2016/17 - 17/36 - 47.2%

2017/18 - 38/109 - 34.9%

2018/19 - 29/117 - 24.8%

Not great, but decent numbers. Looks like he certainly has the potential to be a threat.

-from the ESL games I saw this year I would have guessed Hargrove at a 30% 3pt maker, I was giving too much credit, I'll dismiss the small sample size in the 16/17 numbers, I don't know how high school 3pt rates transfer to the college game  but I think we will need more than a 29.6% 3pt rate from him, get to work young man as I want you to have massive success

54 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Hargrove was kind of the darling of the whole event. It was about him and Mario McKinney, EJ Liddel is a beast, glad he's not going to any "local programs". I didn't want to believe it but Mario is really, really good with the swagger and confidence to match.

ya i saw mario earlier this is season and came away impressed.  Never got to see EJ or Hargrove in high school, but sounds like I should be lucky to get to watch Hargrove over and over. 

53 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

All star games are made for open court play and dunking. In real games, Yuri has gotten the better of Mario.

Bills_06, Zink and brianstl like this

1 hour ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

2016/17 - 17/36 - 47.2%

2017/18 - 38/109 - 34.9%

2018/19 - 29/117 - 24.8%

anything greater than 25% should make him a threat from a defensive mindset if hes playing the (4). 

I just hope he doesnt have one of those bodies that take a while to gain muscle.  If he can add at least 10 this off season that would be great

13 minutes ago, wgstl said:

anything greater than 25% should make him a threat from a defensive mindset if hes playing the (4). 

I just hope he doesnt have one of those bodies that take a while to gain muscle.  If he can add at least 10 this off season that would be great

Hargrove is already a good jump shooter from 15 feet. I'd rather he lean on that his freshman year.  We can afford to wait on the 3 point shot.

1 minute ago, 3star_recruit said:

All star games are made for open court play and dunking. In real games, Yuri has gotten the better of Mario.

I am all in on Yuri. Everything about the kid screams BILLIKEN.

2 minutes ago, wgstl said:

ya i saw mario earlier this is season and came away impressed.  Never got to see EJ or Hargrove in high school, but sounds like I should be lucky to get to watch Hargrove over and over. 

Hargrove is a super likeable young man. I've enjoyed observing his interactions with teammates and the way he carries himself on and off the court. He is going to be a fan favorite just for his demeanor, very humble, always having fun. He was a ball of energy pregame of the Collinsville game I attended.

13 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Hargrove is already a good jump shooter from 15 feet. I'd rather he lean on that his freshman year.  We can afford to wait on the 3 point shot.

true, but still wouldn't mind Hargrove shooting a low amount, like 30 on the season. 

I'm still tracking the 2019 names on the Recruiting Lists thread, but I'm not sure we're still involved with any other than Robert Carpenter and Chris Maidoh, the two relatively recent offers, so those are the two I'm focusing on currently. Maidoh just picked up a UMass offer as McCall continues to overhaul the program there.