Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, bauman said:

Just a quick question.  Does anyone know what Pearson, the too-good-for-SLU signee, is up to.  Just curious, I certainly don't want him at this point

I wonder how his grandma is doing?

I heard he was signing with UNC: University of No(one) Cares 🤗

I kid!!!!

billikenbill likes this

13 minutes ago, bauman said:

Just a quick question.  Does anyone know what Pearson, the too-good-for-SLU signee, is up to.  Just curious, I certainly don't want him at this point

On 3/9/2019 at 10:16 AM, Old guy said:

I think that both Hankton and Jacobs have to be developed and played more or else we will have another two scholarships to give away. The more "ready to play" GTs we get the less likely our 4 year recruits are to stay. So, what this is all about is whether we go for a slower pace of progress achieved through development of the  talent we have in the roster vs a rotating door  team dependent upon  recruiting available grad transfers that will last one year and will be gone. I am all for the slower development of talent, rather than the short term "rental" of 

Well, based on 247 ..... not much interest.

https://247sports.com/player/mickey-pearson-46035661/

18 minutes ago, bauman said:

When he signed with us I thought he had crazy potential... basically had guard skills with good athleticism in a 6-7 body. Looks like I was wrong. 

On 3/9/2019 at 11:43 AM, 3star_recruit said:

The even bigger issue than grad transfers for me is the need to add so many players in the spring. You're not getting your 1st or even 2nd choice in the spring. If Coach had known S2 was going to happen, he would gone a lot harder after guards in the fall. Instead,  guys who were on our radar but not priority recruits, like Javon Freeman and Chase Audige, are top freshmen for other mid-major teams.

Coach Ford's pursuit of prep school forwards in this spring cycle is a direct response to the issue of physical readiness, IMO.  Carpenter and Jankovic are more physically mature than Jacobs and Hankton were. As are the kids we signed in the fall.

Frank just said he talked to Travis and they are not interested in Jankovic, the focus is on grad transfer bigs, which is not a surprise.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Frank just said he talked to Travis and they are not interested in Jankovic, the focus is on grad transfer bigs, which is not a surprise.

Interesting. I wonder how much of that is Travis no longer being interested in Jankovic versus Jankovic no longer being interested in SLU. He's a MORAN if it's the latter.

38 minutes ago, ACE said:

I don’t have an issue with that. We need depth inside, because currently we have French and Bell, who is an unknown commodity at the moment. My hope is that this statement also means that we feel better about our ability to land impact freshmen for the current junior class than for the current senior class. All things considered, I’d prefer a grad transfer + a solid recruit in the fall over a project/questionable impact freshman right now.

cgeldmacher likes this

It appears it might be 3 grad transfers then and that is okay because we need seniors on our team.

Looking forward to the spring signing period Coach Ford usually has a surprise signing.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

I don't know how I feel about this. I like Jankovic for one but I'm also thinking we have room for one more freshman and I hate to keep patching the roster with one-year players. Plus, we've offered a few 2019 guys recently, like Robert Carpenter and Chris Maidoh. I guess he's committed to the 2020 class and wants to ensure he's got scholarships to give.

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I don't know how I feel about this. I like Jankovic for one but I'm also thinking we have room for one more freshman and I hate to keep patching the roster with one-year players. Plus, we've offered a few 2019 guys recently, like Robert Carpenter and Chris Maidoh. I guess he's committed to the 2020 class and wants to ensure he's got scholarships to give.

Hopefully because there are no seniors this will be the last season for the grad transfer route and moving forward it will be the next underclassman up after graduation.

almaman likes this

8 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Hopefully because there are no seniors this will be the last season for the grad transfer route and moving forward it will be the next underclassman up after graduation.

I could see it happening again in 2 years.  But no reason to do this next year.  This is why I would love a transfer big too.

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Keep in mind, that this was just Frank riffing. I didn't get the impression that Ford completely ruled out signing one more high school player, just that they were not specifically interested in GJ's "teammate from Montverde."  They could be focused on other high school recruiting targets they think are a better fit.

2 hours ago, DeSmetBilliken said:

I don’t have an issue with that. We need depth inside, because currently we have French and Bell, who is an unknown commodity at the moment. My hope is that this statement also means that we feel better about our ability to land impact freshmen for the current junior class than for the current senior class. All things considered, I’d prefer a grad transfer + a solid recruit in the fall over a project/questionable impact freshman right now.

We need seniors (GT’s) as well...go get them, Coach!