Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jitoboh had an offer from Tennessee. Tennessee was one of four finalists before he reopened his recruitment. It seemed like none of those finalists were going to work out in the end.

He attended the Tennessee game this weekend, but there's no indication that they've refreshed their offer to him yet. His school is in Chattanooga, about 90 minutes from Knoxville.

Tennessee is in a power position and can be patient in the spring. No need to write him off yet.

Have any of you actually seen Jitoboh play?  There's a couple of Hamilton Heights games available on social media. He's a skilled big body but he is slow as molasses. I like him as a long term investment. Right now it's easy for average big men to just go right by him.

It would explain why he hasn't attracted more recruiting interest when there's a run on high school big men right now. Illinois, who offered Jitoboh many months ago, just offered Julius Marble. 

billiken_roy likes this

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Have any of you actually seen Jitoboh play?  There's a couple of Hamilton Heights games available on social media. He's a skilled big body but he is slow as molasses. I like him as a long term investment. Right now it's easy for average big men to just go right by him.

It would explain why he hasn't attracted more recruiting interest when there's a run on high school big men right now. Illinois, who offered Jitoboh many months ago, just offered Julius Marble. 

I put my faith in Robb Hornett to fix that.

41 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

He'll be high major easily. He's much more productive than most bigs his size. Plus as a spring signee he's like the only one left really. He'll go much higher than he probably should. Would love for us to land him.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

from the video i have watched, i agree.   he has a big body, but he is a long way from being an inside force at the A10 level imo.   this would definitely be a project.   now with 4 scholarships yet to name, we have room for such a project and i would think the ceiling is high enough it is well worth it, but those thinking the next coming of shaq is guaranteed, might want to hold up on that.   

48 minutes ago, Cincybill said:

He'll be high major easily. He's much more productive than most bigs his size. Plus as a spring signee he's like the only one left really. He'll go much higher than he probably should. Would love for us to land him.

Just wanted to make it clear to the board that he isn't physically ready to be a major contributor next year. There will be a lot of DNPs. Think Vouyoukas his freshman year. I would take him also but the payoff is more than 2 years away.

billiken_roy and Cincybill like this

9 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Just wanted to make it clear to the board that he isn't physically ready to be a major contributor next year. There will be a lot of DNPs. Think Vouyoukas his freshman year. I would take him also but the payoff is more than 2 years away.

That's fair. IDK if he's over 2 years away but next year he definitely wouldn't be a huge contributor. And that's nothing against him. Most freshmen aren't ready to be major contributors. 

imo from watching the videos i've seen, he wouldnt even match agbeko next year.    he would be more productionwise equal to a bryce husak.   just a big imposing piece in the middle of the floor.   he is just too slow and considering his width, seems kind of soft to me.   i dont even recall in any of the videos seeing him dunk.  

definitely wouldnt be a french bully which when one sees him would assume that is what he will bring.   again, not saying he cant turn into that.   just wont be immediate.   but with that height, and size, definitely worth a scholarship.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

imo from watching the videos i've seen, he wouldnt even match agbeko next year.    he would be more productionwise equal to a bryce husak.   just a big imposing piece in the middle of the floor.   he is just too slow and considering his width, seems kind of soft to me.   i dont even recall in any of the videos seeing him dunk.  

definitely wouldnt be a french bully which when one sees him would assume that is what he will bring.   again, not saying he cant turn into that.   just wont be immediate.   but with that height, and size, definitely worth a scholarship.  

This. He's a project but could be a nice piece in the long term. We have four scholarships to give. If we only had 1-2, he wouldn't be a priority.

35 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Any chance we go after Sean McNeil? He’s the top scorer at the JUCO level and just got offers from Texas Tech, Dayton, and Mizzou. He’s also a shooting guard. We need someone who can put the ball in the basket with ease

We have a log jam at guard and Javonte Perkins will play that role. We need more help down low.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

Jitoboh had an offer from Tennessee. Tennessee was one of four finalists before he reopened his recruitment. It seemed like none of those finalists were going to work out in the end.

He attended the Tennessee game this weekend, but there's no indication that they've refreshed their offer to him yet. His school is in Chattanooga, about 90 minutes from Knoxville.

Tennessee is in a power position and can be patient in the spring. No need to write him off yet.

I follow UT's basketball website as my wife is a VFL plus they have been fun to watch. Jitoboh does get some mention by UT fans. This year the Vols are red shirting 4 Star 8'9" 272 DJ Burns. I'm sure he has been worked hard in the weight room and will see minutes next year. They should bring in another big but Jitoboh isn't their only option. If the Bills are interested he certainly should still be an option.