Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

On 2/8/2019 at 6:19 PM, AnkielBreakers said:

I looked through the recruiting list for 2019 a long time ago, and it really seemed like the best forward, and probably the best fit for our style, was Anderson Mirambeaux. I know we haven’t really been a big player for him so far. Is there any update? 

Sorry, forgot to reply to this.

That's an interesting take, that Mirambeaux is the best fit for our style. I've never prioritized him as a potential recruit to follow compared to some others because he was one of five Boo Williams kids that SLU offered at once in 2017 when they were on campus for a Nike EYBL event. I don't think he's a bad player but he hasn't seemed to boost his stock in the past couple years at Teays Valley Christian in WV. For one, they don't seem to get as much travel or exposure as a lot of other schools. Second, Mirambeaux still has a ton of work to do physically. He's currently listed at 6-8, 295 and they might be rounding up on height and rounding down on weight. He's really big. He's mobile for his size and has proven to have a consistent enough outside shot to be a really difficult matchup. I just don't see any indication that he's ever been a priority for the staff. The only recruiting noise I've seen for him in a long time is that he's still being recruited by Marshall, which at 35 minutes away from TVC is the closest thing to a local program (he's Dominican and living with a host family in WV).

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Sorry, forgot to reply to this.

That's an interesting take, that Mirambeaux is the best fit for our style. I've never prioritized him as a potential recruit to follow compared to some others because he was one of five Boo Williams kids that SLU offered at once in 2017 when they were on campus for a Nike EYBL event. I don't think he's a bad player but he hasn't seemed to boost his stock in the past couple years at Teays Valley Christian in WV. For one, they don't seem to get as much travel or exposure as a lot of other schools. Second, Mirambeaux still has a ton of work to do physically. He's currently listed at 6-8, 295 and they might be rounding up on height and rounding down on weight. He's really big. He's mobile for his size and has proven to have a consistent enough outside shot to be a really difficult matchup. I just don't see any indication that he's ever been a priority for the staff. The only recruiting noise I've seen for him in a long time is that he's still being recruited by Marshall, which at 35 minutes away from TVC is the closest thing to a local program (he's Dominican and living with a host family in WV).

Live 5 minutes from TVC.  Did not know they had upped their ambitions so much.  School has been around for decades.  Just a little Christian school of maybe 125 kids in the HS.  For years just a small school with virtually no notable athletics.  Can't believe they play much of a schedule so the kid is getting very, very little competition.

25 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Live 5 minutes from TVC.  Did not know they had upped their ambitions so much.  School has been around for decades.  Just a little Christian school of maybe 125 kids in the HS.  For years just a small school with virtually no notable athletics.  Can't believe they play much of a schedule so the kid is getting very, very little competition.

They actually played against Hamilton Heights Christian last week. Mirambeaux got the better of Jason Jitoboh in an upset victory. Mirambeaux can really rebound and has a nice perimeter shot.  Jitoboh needs to lose about 20lb and Mirambeaux needs to lose about 50. Two of the slowest basketball players I've ever seen.

On 2/17/2019 at 10:27 AM, 3star_recruit said:

Dischon Thomas committed to Colorado State:

https://twitter.com/VerbalCommits/status/1096900179930894343

Tony Johnson is off the board to UCF.

I'm a little surprised by the timing for both of these. Johnson just said in an interview recently that he was getting ready to schedule some more visits. Thomas said he wanted to get out to Arkansas, but I know they're in the mix for some other bigs, so maybe he got impatient. Anyway, I assumed both would be April commitments.

On 2/17/2019 at 4:05 PM, dfwbills said:

Julius Marble picked up an offer from Minnesota and Michigan State over the past two weeks.  Think this ship has sailed...

We were probably his strongest offer for quite a while, too.

2 hours ago, slufan13 said:

You could have just said they're white

Not what I intended. I had a Rob Loe in mind. I would prefer to see us land a Willie Reed clone. I was just commenting that Euro bigs can contribute. Had nothing to with race. And there are Africa  American Euros as well. GW's Larsen from Denmark comes to mind. 

thetorch likes this

13 minutes ago, slu72 said:

Not what I intended. I had a Rob Loe in mind. I would prefer to see us land a Willie Reed clone. I was just commenting that Euro bigs can contribute. Had nothing to with race. And there are Africa  American Euros as well. GW's Larsen from Denmark comes to mind. 

This isn't going well.

BJK likes this

Considering our need for bigs, my best guess for the Georgia recruiting target is explosive 6'7 forward Tay Watson:

https://hoopseen.com/news/player/201901/look-some-available-forwards-georgias-2019-class

A great motor and a ready made frame makes him a legitimate option when looking for back line help. Our staff covered 12 major events spread out across the east coast during the month of December and yet Watson remains as one of the best options for non high major programs as we head into the late signing period. Those that wait could find themselves intrenched in a recruiting battle that they could've avoided during the winter months. 

Pistol likes this