Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

41 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

I think Hargrove fits better with the type of player Ford has brought in (defensively) but Javonte is a better offensive player at this stage.  Add in Jimerson...and things will definitely be interesting next year.

Remember players like Thor, KC and Jacobs will be looking to play as well 

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Makes for a great recruiting pitch to a young big looking to play his 1st year.   There will definitely be minutes available.

Personally I would be happy with a grad transfer or juco big and a frosh big. I will be concerned if both of these scholarships  go to guards. Actually if we don’t get a LeBron I’m out on T Ford. 

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, gabriel said:

Quade Green played AAU with Hasahn in high school 

https://twitter.com/Q_Green1/status/1064359255216717824

Also, Coach Ford played at UK like this kid... it's all lining up. Practically a done deal!

Early speculation mentions Syracuse, Washington and LaSalle.

Do we even know if we can add a mid-season transfer? A couple people seemed to think we couldn't, since we technically started the 2018-19 school year with 13 scholarship players.

13 minutes ago, ACE said:

Also, Coach Ford played at UK like this kid... it's all lining up. Practically a done deal!

Early speculation mentions Syracuse, Washington and LaSalle.

Do we even know if we can add a mid-season transfer? A couple people seemed to think we couldn't, since we technically started the 2018-19 school year with 13 scholarship players.

I resemble that remark!

I think someone else pointed out a difference between this year's situation and a situation in which an open scholarship is given to a walk-on for the year.  Luis Santos left the school and is no longer enrolled.  When Aaron Hines was a junior and was not on scholarship (as he had been the prior season when Crews gifted him with a scholly), Ford used the open one on a mid-season transfer (Graves).  If he had given it to Hines, he would not have been able to take it back to offer it to Graves.

I do not know whether the roster spot opened up by Santos's departure can be used to offer a mid-year transfer a scholarship, but I can see the difference between this season's situation and the aforementioned one two years ago.

1 minute ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I resemble that remark!

I think someone else pointed out a difference between this year's situation and a situation in which an open scholarship is given to a walk-on for the year.  Luis Santos left the school and is no longer enrolled.  When Aaron Hines was a junior and was not on scholarship (as he had been the prior season when Crews gifted him with a scholly), Ford used the open one on a mid-season transfer (Graves).  If he had given it to Hines, he would not have been able to take it back to offer it to Graves.

I do not know whether the roster spot opened up by Santos's departure can be used to offer a mid-year transfer a scholarship, but I can see the difference between this season's situation and the aforementioned one two years ago.

I don't think Santos's spot has opened. I do think if Welmer gave it up for medical reasons his scholarship could be appealed. 

1 minute ago, Major Majerus said:

One can wear 00  - don't create problems where there are none 😎

Hmmm.  Who is going to give in first Green or Goodwin?  Whoever gives in would 'have no confidence', according to TGloryTDays1985, several years ago.

Seriously, is that legal?  Probably is, but interesting.

1 hour ago, HoosierPal said:

Hmmm.  Who is going to give in first Green or Goodwin?  Whoever gives in would 'have no confidence', according to TGloryTDays1985, several years ago.

Seriously, is that legal?  Probably is, but interesting.

I'm pretty sure there was a team -- probably Mizzou -- a while back that had a player #0 and another #00.

52 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I'm pretty sure there was a team -- probably Mizzou -- a while back that had a player #0 and another #00.

00 =100 on a jersey. 0=0 

dont know how La Salle could beat us for him but Syracuse seems like a good fit. The assistant coach that has the ties to PSA is probably making some calls fingers crossed 

2 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

-the NCAA rule book from 2016-17 has the following...2. The following numbers are legal: 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 00, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 40, 41, 42, 43, 44, 45, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, and 55. Team rosters can include 0 or 00, but not both. - so having both 0 and 00 would have been a rule change since then, I can't find a free copy of the current rule book

56 minutes ago, brianstl said:

We don’t have a scholarship available for a mid season transfer.  Santos counts against the scholarship total for the whole academic year.

Why is that? - he is gone so wouldn't his schollie only have been used up for 1st semester? or if a mid season player transfers then the NCAA simply says you don't get to use it for second semester?

Just now, cheeseman said:

Why is that? - he is gone so wouldn't his schollie only have been used up for 1st semester? or if a mid season player transfers then the NCAA simply says you don't get to use it for second semester?

The NCAA counts the scholarships for the whole acedemic year.  They don’t break it down by the semester.