Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, slufanskip said:

Seriously? 2 games in and we are questioning coach for subbing someone. Did you observe anything at practice to make you disagree with Coach Ford

Easy skip, it was a shot at gloryravs for suggesting after the first game that Foreman should start over Gordon.  I probably should’ve used the Blue font. 

17 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Interesting. Wonder what’s up with Jitoboh. Maybe he’s waiting until Spring to get some big time offers again 

16 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

Had a bad feeling about Jitobih

We have room for both. Jitoboh is a space-eating post, Jankovic is a more versatile forward who can even step out and shoot it from the perimeter.

We don't just have room for both; I'd argue we have a need for both. We need bigs and we need shooters. Jitoboh could replace Santos and Jankovic checks both boxes.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

We have room for both. Jitoboh is a space-eating post, Jankovic is a more versatile forward who can even step out and shoot it from the perimeter.

We don't just have room for both; I'd argue we have a need for both. We need bigs and we need shooters. Jitoboh could replace Santos and Jankovic checks both boxes.

-shooters we have, makers we need

almaman and TheDude like this

Updates on our 2019 offers/interest:

-Jason Jitoboh visited UCF and SLU in fairly short order back-to-back, but doesn't have any other visits scheduled. Per his coach, Georgetown, Wake Forest, and a few others have been out to see him. He had 19 and 7 in his opening game this season. No word on his next steps.

-As mentioned above, Oton Jankovic took official visits to SLU and Georgia Tech, but I can't confirm offers from either yet. Siena is his first offer. He's a nice looking player on video; I think he's just an unknown to a lot of schools.

-Terrence Shannon is down to six. The first five - Illinois, DePaul, Georgetown, Texas Tech, and Florida State - are exactly as expected. The surprise finalist is UNC.

-Goodnews Kpegeol visited K-State this weekend and their Rivals writer said he was going to announce yesterday, but it came and went without an announcement. The thought is that he'll call it for K-State, of course.

-Harry Morrice has now heard from Creighton. Here's a big man I'd like to see us turn up the heat on. He looks great on video to me. Really runs the floor and gets after it. He's got size (6-11) and can shoot it from deep.

-Treyon Johnson has had literally no news since SLU offered in May, but I saw that a Treyon Johnson is now said to be enrolled at On Point Academy in Oklahoma. I haven't been able to confirm if this is him; he was at Prosser HS in Chicago. My sense is that he has been injured for most of this year.

-Chris Payton went to Illinois' exhibition game vs. Illinois Wesleyan. He's been there a few times lately after they had cooled on him for a year-plus. I guess they're keeping all options open.

-Dischon Thomas has been a double-double machine on Hillcrest's visit to China, where they've played some pro teams.

-Tony Johnson is hearing from Minnesota. I don't get the sense that SLU is still involved here but his stock has been rising leading into this season and he looks like a nice prospect.

-David Roddy committed to Colorado State over Northwestern and Minnesota.

-Lester Quinones took an official visit to LSU. He's going to sign in the spring and SLU isn't in it anymore, from what I can tell.

-Michael Moreno, Julius Marble, and Anderson Mirambeaux have all been excellent in early season exhibitions/games, but I don't have any new recruiting-related tidbits on them.

I would expect recruiting news to pick back up this week when the signing period opens.

kappy96 and Coach314 like this

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

-Goodnews Kpegeol visited K-State this weekend and their Rivals writer said he was going to announce yesterday, but it came and went without an announcement. The thought is that he'll call it for K-State, of course.

-Harry Morrice has now heard from Creighton. Here's a big man I'd like to see us turn up the heat on. He looks great on video to me. Really runs the floor and gets after it. He's got size (6-11) and can shoot it from deep.

-Tony Johnson is hearing from Minnesota. I don't get the sense that SLU is still involved here but his stock has been rising leading into this season and he looks like a nice prospect.

-we need Goodnews and a transfer by the name of Sincere Carry

-Morrice does sound intriguing from your description

-not sure where else to post this but I was flipping channels last night and saw Minnesota playing at home, I had to turn back to confirm that they have a white court with maroon or whatever their color is filling the lane, it was distracting and very weird

42 minutes ago, Billnation08 said:

Something interesting to think about is that Lamelo Ball is a 2019 recruit that can shoot the ball. Not that he would be eligible right away, if ever. 

-if from that Ball family, I think I would pass

Brighton and billiken_roy like this

23 hours ago, Billnation08 said:

Something interesting to think about is that Lamelo Ball is a 2019 recruit that can shoot the ball. Not that he would be eligible right away, if ever. 

I would guess playing professionally took away his amateur status.

plus I’d rather have a team full of Brett Jollys than 1 of the ball brothers.