Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, slu72 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Hargrove was still in the growing stage and could reach the 6'10" mark. Along w/French, Gordon, Hankton, and Hargrove we look ok up front. Still, this guy would be a huge, literally and figuratively, for Ford and staff. 

i have never heard that and i am close to the metro east area scene.   i dont think hargrove is going to grow any more.   imo, hargrove is the heir to bess sf position.  

7 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

i have never heard that and i am close to the metro east area scene.   i dont think hargrove is going to grow any more.   imo, hargrove is the heir to bess sf position.  

That sounds good to me. 

Every team would love to have a 6’9’’ athletic Swiss Army knife.

If I may I would like to make a comparison between Jitoboh and our prior big, Agbeko. Big guys both of them. Agbeko had the size to disrupt the opposition's defense and certainly did contribute to the teams we fielded in those years. One FACT about Agbeko that is oftentimes forgotten is that in one of his early games he was elbowed in the head during a jump, had a major concussion and just laid on the ground, unconscious, while the game moved to the other basket. The game was interrupted after some time and Agbeko was removed  from the court. I want to emphasize that the Agbeko we saw play for SLU was the post-concussion Agbeko. Had he not had this concussion he might have become a much better player. Regardless of the concussion he was good enough to make a contribution to  our team of those years.

I have to believe that Jitoboh will be able to make a significant contribution to our current teams, even if he does not become one of our top players. I think he has great potential to improve to a really high level and hope to see him wearing the blue in coming years. I am all for Jitoboh becoming a Billiken.

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I thought I read somewhere that Hargrove was still in the growing stage and could reach the 6'10" mark. Along w/French, Gordon, Hankton, and Hargrove we look ok up front. Still, this guy would be a huge, literally and figuratively, for Ford and staff. 

Coach said that Hankton was 6'8".  So he may still be growing also as he is listed at 6'7" on the roster.

17 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Coach said that Hankton was 6'8".  So he may still be growing also as he is listed at 6'7" on the roster.

People need to stop taking things so literally. Coach saying someone is an inch taller than what is listed on a roster is far more likely to be the coach not memorizing every height down to the inch or just a slip of the tongue than him actually haven grown an inch in the past month since he was measured.

18 minutes ago, kshoe said:

People need to stop taking things so literally. Coach saying someone is an inch taller than what is listed on a roster is far more likely to be the coach not memorizing every height down to the inch or just a slip of the tongue than him actually haven grown an inch in the past month since he was measured.

Or maybe he actually knows.  Maybe is is 6'9" and Coach is downsizing him.

56 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Or maybe he actually knows.  Maybe is is 6'9" and Coach is downsizing him.

half the time I just blurt out that im 6'1 the other half I say im 6 foot.  Doesnt make a difference. 

I want this guy, especially if Ford wants him, and then we'll let the strength and conditioning staff mold him,  the coaching staff coach him up, and let him learn as much as possible by practicing with French.  Even though he's only a sophomore, French seems to carry himself and conduct his business like a senior.  Any new bigs that we get should be required to be near him a much as possible.

Once he left the UCF visit without committing, I figured we have a good shot.  Now Ford can work whatever magic he works and try to get him to commit this weekend.

5 hours ago, Aquinas said:

Rivals and 247 have Jitoboh as a 3 star, ESPN as a 4 star. Scout doesn't have him rated.  At this moment, he is not a consensus top 100 player, which is why my expectations are not as great for him, especially given his modest numbers to date.  Of course he could have a breakout sr. Year.  U dont know which of these rating entities have the best record at evaluating prospects.

I understand what you are saying but you yourself said he was a 4 star recruit so I was only using your statement.  You said it was his size, athleticism and potential was why he was ranked 4 star.  My point was simply that you get your 4 star listing from your ranking.  

44 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

I understand what you are saying but you yourself said he was a 4 star recruit so I was only using your statement.  You said it was his size, athleticism and potential was why he was ranked 4 star.  My point was simply that you get your 4 star listing from your ranking.  

Whether a player we are recruiting is a 3 or 4 star recruit not a source of much chatter 'round here pre Travis.

3 minutes ago, thetorch said:

I believe Jitoboh is at the game. Behind our bench with a white hoodie and short dreads.

Good. I wasn't sure if he'd be in Friday or Saturday, but this is better.

2 minutes ago, Old guy said:

He was not at Chaifetz for that picture but at UCF, could not have heard Guy regardless. When he visits here this coming weekend (unless he came early) he will not see the team play.

Perhaps you overlooked posts in this thread that said he was visiting SLU today and was in attendance at the exhibition, and he spent much of the second half with earbuds in.  The reposting of the picture was just showing that he had a similar situation during his UCF visit.

41 minutes ago, Old guy said:

He was not at Chaifetz for that picture but at UCF, could not have heard Guy regardless. When he visits here this coming weekend (unless he came early) he will not see the team play.

He'll be great on defense if he can cover that much territory :)