Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

10 hours ago, JMM28 said:

Especiallly the ones who are giving 8 happy endings a day...

“Actually, massage therapists who provide manual satisfaction to their clients multiple times a day tend to develop carpal tunnel syndrome while their hands remain relatively healthy, albeit somewhat calloused if lube is not employed.”

Just preemptively posting old guy b.s.

thetorch and Pistol like this

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

“Actually, massage therapists who provide manual satisfaction to their clients multiple times a day tend to develop carpal tunnel syndrome while their hands remain relatively healthy, albeit somewhat calloused if lube is not employed.”

Just preemptively posting old guy b.s.

Old guy and massage therapist can always fall back on lip service.

Did some reading on Jitoboh.  He is listed 6-10 to 6-11 and 270.  Apparently 330 as a freshman. He is described as more of an old school, traditional center, with raw skiiis and big programs offering him.  SLU with its strong weight program and a guy like French to roll model and encourage  his physical development could be a perfect for him if they click. The A10 might also be a better fit for his development than risk sitting on the bench at a P5 conference. We also have playing time to offer in 2019.  Hope coach can get close enough to get a visit. Coach has to be looking for 2019 bigs with the graduation of Forman, loss of Santos and probable loss of Welmer.

10 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I can't figure it out, but Yuri has some connection to Hamilton Heights. Based on his Instagram, he knows at least a couple of players on the team. This is where I leave the rest to @Pistol

I assume it's because of AAU - these guys all seem to play in the EYBL and HH is a Nike school - but that's all I've got.

Not great offers:

https://www.prephoops.com/2018/07/recruiting-report-goodnews-kpegeol-2019/ 

Kpegeol currently holds offers from Iona, Akron, Georgia State, Hampton, Southern Illinois Edwardsville and Southeast Missouri. All but Iona have come since July 13.

He says he’s also drawn interest from Kansas State, Indiana State, Arkansas State, Southeastern Mississippi, UTSA, Tulane, St. Bonaventure, Ohio, Stephen F. Austin, St. Joseph, Texas–Rio Grande Valley, Missouri, Clemson, Nevada, Utah and Drake.

10 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Not great offers:

Kpegeol currently holds offers from Iona, Akron, Georgia State, Hampton, Southern Illinois Edwardsville and Southeast Missouri. All but Iona have come since July 13.

He says he’s also drawn interest from Kansas State, Indiana State, Arkansas State, Southeastern Mississippi, UTSA, Tulane, St. Bonaventure, Ohio, Stephen F. Austin, St. Joseph, Texas–Rio Grande Valley, Missouri, Clemson, Nevada, Utah and Drake.

Agreed those names may not jump out at you, but if Ford sees something he likes to compliment THIS team, I'm on board.

In Ford we trust.

cgeldmacher likes this

Goodnews Kpegeol - SG, 6-6, 180 - St. Paul, MN (TaylorMade Academy, FL) - Twitter: @goodnewsKpegeol

Offers: SLU, St. Joe's, UMass, St. Bonaventure, Akron, Iona, Hofstra, Hampton, Georgia State, SIUE, SEMO.

Interest: VCU, Xavier, Virginia, Clemson, K-State, Mizzou, South Carolina, Colorado, Utah, Memphis, Houston, Temple, Central Florida, Tulane, Nevada, Wyoming, UAB, Texas-San Antonio, Loyola-Chicago, Northern Iowa, Indiana State, Drake, Milwaukee, UIC, Oakland, Green Bay, Kent State, Ohio, Miami-Ohio, South Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Denver, Arkansas State, Furman, Stephen F. Austin, UT-Rio Grande Valley.

Latest News: Kpegeol received an offer from SLU. He is taking an official visit to K-State next weekend. (10/30/18)

Scouting Report: Kpegeol is a long, athletic, agile wing guard with a lot of versatility. He has played point guard and wing coming up, but now stands 6-6 with a long frame and plays more of a wing. He plays with a lot of smarts at both ends and his PG background makes him a better passer and ball handler than most guys his size. He attacks the rim and has a lot of bounce, but can also shoot it off the catch or the dribble. He runs the floor well and is great in transition as a finisher and passer. He graduated from North St. Paul HS and is taking a prep year at TaylorMade Academy in Florida. He played his AAU ball with Grassroots Sizzle (UA Association) this year, and was with Howard Pulley (Nike EYBL) prior to that.

-The staff must've been at the game between Hamilton Heights and TaylorMade, because they've since offered a guy from each team - Jason Jitoboh and now Kpegeol. Kpegeol had 28 in a win over HHCA. He's a nice player and I'm a little surprised his recruitment was so tepid until this summer. He's got a lot of athleticism and versatility. His shot is just a little unorthodox in that his legs are more triangular than parallel, but he's got a decent stroke regardless and some range. He looks really good as a finisher and shines in the open court.

I'm glad we came through with an offer. He's gained a ton of interest in recent months. I think K-State will be his first official visit, not this weekend but next, and it'd be nice to get him to SLU for an OV soon because he's going to be highly sought after the longer his recruitment goes.

rgbilliken and Zink like this

11 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Not great offers:

That article is already a bit dated. His interest has really risen since then and it seems like the offers will start steadily rolling in this season. The prep season is already underway and he's been great so far. I've got every offer/interest I could find (listed above), and if some of those newly interested schools start offering, he's going to have some big-time options.

Which is crazy, because had he gone somewhere right after graduating, it looks like Iona was the only offer at that point.

7 minutes ago, ACE said:

Possible bad news about Goodnews... Could this offer mean we are preparing for life without Jacobs? I hope not...

4 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

Idk about that. We’ve got two scholarships currently unaccounted for after the Santos departure. If Welmer is done, it’s three. 

I was wondering the same thing, as I'd expected our focus to be on bigs at this point. We lose Isabell, Wiley, Bess, Foreman, Santos, and possibly Welmer. We've got Collins, Hargrove, and Jimerson coming in, so it does seem odd that we're not just looking for forwards.

I think it's a matter of time before Jacobs clears - which is frustrating, but I don't think we're in "cause for alarm" territory yet. I don't see this as a Jacobs replacement offer.

Things always happen, so you can never stop recruiting. They may also just be really high on this particular player after seeing him, and think they have a good shot. He probably also has a spring timeline for his signing (early signing period is in two weeks, and he'll have been on one official visit by then), and we will know more about next year's roster by then. I don't know. Basically, I wouldn't read too much into it at this point.

47 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Goodnews Kpegeol - SG, 6-6, 180 - St. Paul, MN (TaylorMade Academy, FL) - Twitter: @goodnewsKpegeol

Offers: SLU, St. Joe's, UMass, St. Bonaventure, Akron, Iona, Hofstra, Hampton, Georgia State, SIUE, SEMO.

Interest: VCU, Xavier, Virginia, Clemson, K-State, Mizzou, South Carolina, Colorado, Utah, Memphis, Houston, Temple, Central Florida, Tulane, Nevada, Wyoming, UAB, Texas-San Antonio, Loyola-Chicago, Northern Iowa, Indiana State, Drake, Milwaukee, UIC, Oakland, Green Bay, Kent State, Ohio, Miami-Ohio, South Dakota, North Dakota, North Dakota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Denver, Arkansas State, Furman, Stephen F. Austin, UT-Rio Grande Valley.

Latest News: Kpegeol received an offer from SLU. He is taking an official visit to K-State next weekend. (10/30/18)

Scouting Report: Kpegeol is a long, athletic, agile wing guard with a lot of versatility. He has played point guard and wing coming up, but now stands 6-6 with a long frame and plays more of a wing. He plays with a lot of smarts at both ends and his PG background makes him a better passer and ball handler than most guys his size. He attacks the rim and has a lot of bounce, but can also shoot it off the catch or the dribble. He runs the floor well and is great in transition as a finisher and passer. He graduated from North St. Paul HS and is taking a prep year at TaylorMade Academy in Florida. He played his AAU ball with Grassroots Sizzle (UA Association) this year, and was with Howard Pulley (Nike EYBL) prior to that.

-The staff must've been at the game between Hamilton Heights and TaylorMade, because they've since offered a guy from each team - Jason Jitoboh and now Kpegeol. Kpegeol had 28 in a win over HHCA. He's a nice player and I'm a little surprised his recruitment was so tepid until this summer. He's got a lot of athleticism and versatility. His shot is just a little unorthodox in that his legs are more triangular than parallel, but he's got a decent stroke regardless and some range. He looks really good as a finisher and shines in the open court.

I'm glad we came through with an offer. He's gained a ton of interest in recent months. I think K-State will be his first official visit, not this weekend but next, and it'd be nice to get him to SLU for an OV soon because he's going to be highly sought after the longer his recruitment goes.

-kid can dunk, interesting he is going on OV to K-St without an offer, his outside shot starts very low

Just now, billiken_roy said:

Is anyone else wondering how the heck the Jacob's holdup happens?   My gosh we had months to get this done.

I figure it’s the NCAA after all its all about the student athelete, not.  Reminds me of Cody Ellis and I will not be surprised if it takes that long to clear the matter up.  In Ford I trust that he and staff are doing their best to deal with the evil empire NCAA that is inefficient.

Whenever you have to deal with a bureaucracy flushing papers around, some cases, fly through, other cases drag for a long time. What else is new? There is nothing extraordinary about Jacobs' case unless he took a pass fail class which, I understand, create problems with NCAA.

The NCAA doesn't have enough people working to get this kind of stuff done. They prioritize the fall athletes first and then move on to the winter ones next. They are obviously behind. Hopefully it's just a matter of time and not an indicator of a real issue.