Recruiting - 2019

Pistol

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah I get it. The guy flies his Vashon flag. I assumed he meant 7 players for Vashon had D1 offers. My point stands, the kid is getting offers from SEMO. Doesn’t mean he’s worth an offer from us 

It appears that both Coach314 and you agree on this.  Kumbaya.

36 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yeah I get it. The guy flies his Vashon flag. I assumed he meant 7 players for Vashon had D1 offers. My point stands, the kid is getting offers from SEMO. Doesn’t mean he’s worth an offer from us 

No flag to fly.  I didn't attend Vashon.  7 players on the team do have D1 offers.  I didn't say the young man deserved an offer from SLU.  

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

No flag to fly.  I didn't attend Vashon.  7 players on the team do have D1 offers.  I didn't say the young man deserved an offer from SLU.  

People get so confused sometimes coach you were clear in your post.

I think we all have a Santos leaving hangover and we are not our best right now.

Anyone in the area that you may have seen would be a worthy replacement for Santos?

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

People get so confused sometimes coach you were clear in your post.

I think we all have a Santos leaving hangover and we are not our best right now.

Anyone in the area that you may have seen would be a worthy replacement for Santos?

Good morning.  I haven't seen many bigs locally in the 2019 class.  I didn't get a chance to watch as many high school games as I would have liked last year.   Only promising big I have seen in the STL area is Bradford and he's 2020.

Kyky Tandy is down to Ole Miss and Xavier. We were a little late to the party with an offer and these two have been heavily involved for a while. He had some others I thought might be contenders (Iowa State, Oklahoma State, Tennessee), but I like a short list of finalists.

On 9/24/2018 at 2:29 PM, dfwbills said:

Hearing Marble may have had his offer pulled or SLU no longer showing much interest.  Marble transferred from another DFW area high school after his freshman year and SLU had questions in his transcript.  In any event, Oral Roberts is showing interest in him and his teammate Max Abams. 

That's surprising. He took an unofficial visit to Oklahoma this past weekend, so I was getting the sense his profile was rising, not the other way around.

10 minutes ago, ChangeOfPace said:

So why post it on here? You have a lot of great information, but I don’t understand the need to post irrelevant information.

Perhaps he was just adding to the fact that someone pointed out how unusual it is for one school to have 6 Div.-1 players that now it's seven.  It's not really irrelevant.

20 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Perhaps he was just adding to the fact that someone pointed out how unusual it is for one school to have 6 Div.-1 players that now it's seven.  It's not really irrelevant.

Good Post, I am interested in the local high schools D1 offers.

15 hours ago, Coach314 said:

6'9 Senior Akok Yor of Vashon just picked up an offer from SEMO.  That makes 7 players with D1 offers.

Good info, thanks. He's the new transfer, correct? I remember you mentioning him recently as being a bit raw but having some potential.

7 guys with D-I offers on a public HS team is astonishing.

Vashon is 1.3 miles from Ford's office in Chaifetz. I'm very happy that he's putting in work there for reasons I've already elaborated on in this thread. SLU can't overlook a program of this stature, especially when it's so close to campus. That relationship needs to be healthy, and all D-I prospects from the V are going to be on my radar for the foreseeable future.

1 hour ago, ChangeOfPace said:

So why post it on here? You have a lot of great information, but I don’t understand the need to post irrelevant information.

This is a young 6'9 forward who is raw and with potential.  His SEMO offer is his 1st.  That offer has come without him playing a game for Vashon yet.  Strictly through playing open gyms.  I don't know if Ford is interested but with the schedule Vashon is playing the young man might garner bigger offers.  Or SEMO might be the level he stays at.  Just putting a name out for the forum.  

38 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Good info, thanks. He's the new transfer, correct? I remember you mentioning him recently as being a bit raw but having some potential.

7 guys with D-I offers on a public HS team is astonishing.

Vashon is 1.3 miles from Ford's office in Chaifetz. I'm very happy that he's putting in work there for reasons I've already elaborated on in this thread. SLU can't overlook a program of this stature, especially when it's so close to campus. That relationship needs to be healthy, and all D-I prospects from the V are going to be on my radar for the foreseeable future.

Yeah.  He's the new guy.  I think he will start for them this year.  They have a sophomore guard their as well who I really like but he's only around 5'8-5'9 at the moment.   

Gym rat, heady player, fundamentally sound, coach on the floor? Who's got the scoop on Mr. Jimerson? Looks like a mid-major to me. Kind of an odd looking shot although his arm position and release are good. Kind of reminds me of Jake Barnett.

1 hour ago, billikenbill said:

Gym rat, heady player, fundamentally sound, coach on the floor? Who's got the scoop on Mr. Jimerson? Looks like a mid-major to me. Kind of an odd looking shot although his arm position and release are good. Kind of reminds me of Jake Barnett.

Offer from Cincinnati is pretty good to me

8 hours ago, billikenbill said:

What are his AAU stats?

Pic may be deceiving, but it looks like he has a black eye and stitches. 

10 hours ago, billikentim said:

3D35F244-FE05-4912-84D5-F3B023358754.thumb.png.fdeed429c4b96c2aed925a9d9f519cfc.png

I usually don't check anything till a player commits but because he is visiting and has a high probability of signing....I ran some numbers..

48**/ 45 /86*...=179 overall...Graded slash....A- **/ A+ / A+*....A+ overall... almost at the Majerus magic  number of 180....but with a couple of caveats

* = Small sample size....not meaningful but at least an indication

** =Not large enough sample size....bigger than small sample size but still not enough to reach a definite conclusion...trending in this direction

Bottom line....The 179 overall is a bit shaky due to lack of numbers....but the kid can shoot 3s...something we need and you never can have enough of....Evaluation...Promising

Note....the difference between my 45  and the 44 in the above article is that I rounded up...his actual  3P% is 44.7%....not a big deal but since it is his best stat and a significant one I thought I would clarify.